ADVERTISEMENT

2024 W-L record predictions for the Herd.

5-7. Huff’s last year. Rodriguez or Jimbo would be brilliant! Bring in huge money, recruits and fans from Morgantown.

5-7. Huff’s last year. Rodriguez or Jimbo would be brilliant! Bring in huge money, recruits and fans from Morgantown.

I had already discounted Stony Brook in the reasoning. Yet both of you mentioned that. Neither mentioned the cleanup of penalties and turnovers, which are, by far, more important aspects that translate to any game we play. We played sharper game than I expected us to, regardless of opponent. That's why.

Why should it? Like 99% of the teams, this week or next, we paid a lower level team, a substantial amount of money to show up for a ease into the season game. Stony Brook is a I-AA team from a part of the country where college football is the least a part of the local culture than any other. We were supposed to win. The fact that we did so easily this year, as contrasted to the struggle last year is probably a function of SUNY-Stony Brook being one of the worst I-AA teams in the country (0-10, 2-9, 5-6 in the last three years), while SUNY-Albany is a solid team that made the I-AA playoffs. But we should not be having discussions about how good or bad a particular I-AA is, we are supposed to grab any by the throat and dominate.

This is you kid who has struggled with math, science, and history coming home and telling you he got a good grade in music appreciation. He is supposed to get an A in that, everyone is supposed to.

The fact that VPI lost to SEC doormat Vandy, may be something, but we beat VPI last year, and last year was "unacceptable" (but accepted). I'm not hopeful of beating an ACC team twice in a row.
Hey Sam, why complain about the "substantial amount of money" paid to this valiant foe to participate in Saturday's "titanic struggle"??? According to the "official" attendance figure put out by our crack leadership in the Athletic Department, a throng of over 25,000 was in the JOAN Saturday to view this epic clash!!! Plenty of moolah was made for "everybody to be happy"!! You aren't trying to insinuate that HERD brass would dare to "fudge" attendance figures, are you???

Hey Sam, why complain about the "substantial amount of money" paid to this valiant foe to participate in Saturday's "titanic struggle"??? According to the "official" attendance figure put out by our crack leadership in the Athletic Department, a throng of over 25,000 was in the JOAN Saturday to view this epic clash!!! Plenty of moolah was made for "everybody to be happy"!! You aren't trying to insinuate that HERD brass would dare to "fudge" attendance figures, are you???
I'm not complaining at all. This is the system. Every team pays a lower level team to take a beating and move on. This is the system. It is only news on the two to four times per year where it doesn't turn out as planned. This one did. NOTHING to see here, move along.

As to the live gate, take a picture. It is about to get really ugly. As it sinks in that this season is hopeless, the seas of empty seats will be vast.

SUNY-Stony Brook being one of the worst I-AA teams in the country (0-10, 2-9, 5-6 in the last three years), while SUNY-Albany
Why do you always make it a point to acknowledge that schools are a SUNY, like it’s some sort of jab? You frequently weaponize it.

Stony Brook is a good school on par with William & Mary, George Washington, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Penn State, etc.

Why do you always make it a point to acknowledge that schools are a SUNY, like it’s some sort of jab? You frequently weaponize it.

Stony Brook is a good school on par with William & Mary, George Washington, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Penn State, etc.
Rifle, is Stony Brook a private school? Know it is in NYC, IIRC, perhaps on Long Island. All the "SUNY" locations are part of a State University system I'm pretty sure.

Rifle, is Stony Brook a private school? Know it is in NYC, IIRC, perhaps on Long Island. All the "SUNY" locations are part of a State University system I'm pretty sure.
It’s public. All SUNY schools are. Stony Brook is the flagship SUNY school and is highly ranked.

Reactions: oldeherd
No... Stony Brook may be the worst team in all of Division I (FBS or FCS). They were small up front, clearly a step slower at the skill positions, playing a freshman QB, and their best athlete got hurt in the second quarter.

A win is a win in week one... But we really gleaned nothing from last night. We played our entire 2-deep plus some and steamrolled an absolutely awful FCS team.

The good news is, VT looked bad against Vandy, their QB is hurt, and fans are calling to Pry to be fired in week 1. Hopefully we can make all that work for us next week and play well.
Allegedly he started cramping at the end of the game. He was able to come in a play in OT so I wouldn't too much stock in Drones being injured. If he doesn't play Saturday it may be more of Pry trying the other guy to see what they can give them.

Drones status

He didn't play in overtime and according to Pry he was limping bad enough (even after receiving fluids) that he didn't feel comfortable putting him back in the game.

I would guess Drones will be out there against us, his numbers were solid last week and the other kid (Schlee?) looked totally lost when he was in the game.

As to the live gate, take a picture. It is about to get really ugly. As it sinks in that this season is hopeless, the seas of empty seats will be vast.

My name is Sam,
Moron is who I am,
I claim the empty seats will be vast,
Even though my credibility is on blast,
I can't even see just how dumb I would look,
Denying the existence of the field named Cook,
Stuck now in my idiotic ways I must double down,
Continuing to spew nonsense looking like a clown.

We did beat SC and Clemson from the ACC.
We rested our best defensive players for VT game and may not use them the whole game either. The backups looked very serviceable and the hard hitting and tackling improvement is noticeable! Time to eat I say these young Herd men are hungry!
10-2, maybe 11-1.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT