ADVERTISEMENT

A fate worse than death

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I was doing some boring household chores this morning, and as I usually do when I’m taking on monotonous work, I let my mind wander. I drifted back to the time shortly after I finished graduate work at Marshall.

I had moved to a new town and was getting ready to start my first real job. I hadn’t been in town but a few weeks when I met a very attractive young lady. Long curly hair, pretty face, smart, and from an influential family. Total package.

I ran into her several times before she surprisingly told me she would be interested in pursuing a relationship. I was very tempted, but for some reason, I sensed something wrong. I declined. Didn’t see her again.

I was continuing cleaning up the dusty house when my curiosity got the best of me. Had I made a terrible choice all those years ago? I got my phone and did a Google search. Didn’t take long to find her Facebook page.

I don’t have any social media, but Facebook let me view a limited amount of her information without being a member. She had moved to Louisiana and shockingly, her pictures showed that she had turned into a toad. How could anyone so attractive go downhill so badly?

It made me think how one small decision can change your whole life. I could easily be living in Louisiana with a toad. That would be horrible. I could never cheer for LSU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT