ADVERTISEMENT

A serious, sobering question

On a one off like that, I would demand immediate apology and financial penalties to cover damage and pain and suffering for Poland. Twenty four hours to cover it or retaliate. For my pleasure, I would like to see that retaliation involve a bunch of A-10s Bbrrrtttin down those sitting duck Russian convoys.

we are allowing Putin to use the threat of nukes as they are designed, as a deterrent. We have nukes but Putin knows we won’t use them and they deter him in no way.

On a one off like that, I would demand immediate apology and financial penalties to cover damage and pain and suffering for Poland. Twenty four hours to cover it or retaliate. For my pleasure, I would like to see that retaliation involve a bunch of A-10s Bbrrrtttin down those sitting duck Russian convoys.

we are allowing Putin to use the threat of nukes as they are designed, as a deterrent. We have nukes but Putin knows we won’t use them and they deter him in no way.

I can't believe at one point the military actually considered retiring the A-10.
Literally every branch was like, "You idiots! The A-10 is awesome!!!" Which kept it alive and is probably the most badass aerial weapon ever produced on this planet (until we discover real fire breathing dragons).

Reactions: Rock98Dog
I can't believe at one point the military actually considered retiring the A-10.
Literally every branch was like, "You idiots! The A-10 is awesome!!!" Which kept it alive and is probably the most badass aerial weapon ever produced on this planet (until we discover real fire breathing dragons).
The warthog is badass and intimidating as fvck to our enemies.

There was an A-10 at one of the Huntington airshow’s that we had back in the 90s. It is one impressive machine

Reactions: KyMUfan
interesting facts about the wart gif is that the landing gear doesn’t fully retract into the body of the aircraft to make belly landings safer. The cannon is bigger than a vw beetle and because it’s so large and fires shells the size of beer bottles when fired it actually slows the plane down

Reactions: mlblack16.
Given that Russia is attacking locations near the Polish border, what happens if a missile guidance system fails and it hits Poland? Do we Article 5? What if Russia intentionally lobs one into Poland but says it was an accident?
We are at war and we destroy the Russian Army

I am being blunt.

We are in ww3 if that happens a d that is what you tell that son of a bitch

Reactions: Jartard
Some scary shit there between two nuclear nations.
We have paratroopers right on the border. He hurts one we send his army straight to thr boneyard.

End of discussion.

I have told you all for weeks ans weeks how serious this is..

We are on the Brink.

This happens and the Chinese are in as well.
This is serious shit. The Chinese are playing game also. This is close to being bad.

Was stationed at a base that was among the first to get the A10... ugliest plane in the fleet.

A10 put on a demo for us once. Most jets would blow by us after their practice strafing runs and then go off in the distance before they could get turned around for another pass. The A10 would pull straight up, perform a loop and the dive right back down on you in almost no time.. An impressive and frightening sight. Incredible how quickly it could get turned around. I bet it would get 3-4 passes on a ground target in the time other jets would get in one.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyMUfan and Jartard
We are at war and we destroy the Russian Army

I am being blunt.

We are in ww3 if that happens a d that is what you tell that son of a bitch
Without nukes, it would be a slaughter.

I am shocked at how poorly trained and managed their army is. Shit logistics too. Sure, they can blow Ukraine to rubble, but damn.

Reactions: ThunderCat98

I am shocked at how poorly trained and managed their army is. Shit logistics too. Sure, they can blow Ukraine to rubble, but damn.
This brings up an interesting point. Putin's decision to invade has exposed just how poor Russia's on-the-ground military capabilities and equipment are. Does this impact perceptions of them going forward, or do the nukes negate the fact that they can't fight worth shit.

This brings up an interesting point. Putin's decision to invade has exposed just how poor Russia's on-the-ground military capabilities and equipment are. Does this impact perceptions of them going forward, or do the nukes negate the fact that they can't fight worth shit.
The nukes definitely partially offset that. But yes they’ve lost a lot of the power they had to make Eastern European, or even Nordic, countries think that they’re continuing to exist because Russia lets them.

Well, we would lose men also, do it would be no cake walk. Also, remember Putin sent in first a lot of conscript army, not his best trained nor equipped. He also has not used many of his main and modern battle tanks. Ukraine is also fighting on their home soil.

Putin has had much of his better units in reserve. We would have no cake walk. We don't even have the forces there to do it. It would take us weeks and months to get heavy armor in and mech infantry. This isn't the 80's anymore where we had massive amounts of that in Europe.

Could we whip the Russians? Yes. Would it be easy? Logistically right now, no. We don't have the forces and we have fought a counter insurgency war across the globe for 20 years.

Plus, as you mentioned he might just use a nuke. And, I am not sure sure he has unleashed all his power on Ukraine and he made a mistake going in on too many fronts at once.

Also, remember Putin sent in first a lot of conscript army, not his best trained nor equipped.
I have read his army is 25% conscripts. I have to wonder what morale is like with the non-conscripts.
This isn't the 80's anymore where we had massive amounts of that in Europe.
And Putin may have forced our hand to return to some semblance of that. Which isn't good for us budget wise, but would be even worse for Russia.

I think this mess has been a giant tactical error by Putin. But that is what happens with authoritarians, who are surrounded by sycophants and no dissent is allowed.

I have read his army is 25% conscripts. I have to wonder what morale is like with the non-conscripts.

And Putin may have forced our hand to return to some semblance of that. Which isn't good for us budget wise, but would be even worse for Russia.

I think this mess has been a giant tactical error by Putin. But that is what happens with authoritarians, who are surrounded by sycophants and no dissent is allowed.
He did make tactical errors for sure. But , he had a window of opportunity and took it. He also didn't want Ukrained joining NATOr EU because they are right in his backdoor. He also wants to restore some of the Russian empire. Now was his chance and let's be honest. If this was us, we would have done the same thing. If Canada would have said, hey we are a Soviet block country or something to that effect we would have done it too. If Putin was ever going to do it now was his time. And, you don't think that Afghanistan withdraw cluster much influenced it? Of course , it did. He knows if he can split Ukraine and control the ports he controls much of Europe's energy and it defelcts us as well. See next paragraph. The Chinese are going to bankroll him for their gain. They already are.

THe Chinese are clearly eyeballing Tawain right now. Their leader has said that is one if his goals before he is gone or out of power. Now fits his time frame as well. I heard a speaker the other day say if they get Tawain they might control 50% of the world's GDP. We have to ask ourselves serious questions. Like serious questions. Where do we draw the line because once they take it then, they have it. You better stop that shit before it happens because we didn't in Ukraine. And, Tawain is a completely different situation with bigger implications. Serious implications to our national security, ideals, and way of life.

If Putin was ever going to do it now was his time. And, you don't think that Afghanistan withdraw cluster much influenced it? Of course , it did.
You're a lying idiot trumptard and oath breaker. You expect us to believe the best time for russia to invade Ukraine is when your orange jesus putin apologist has left office. Bwwwaaaaaaaahahaha!!!

He also didn't want Ukrained joining NATOr EU because they are right in his backdoor.
Looks to me all Putin has done is make an argument for Ukraine in NATO.
If Canada would have said, hey we are a Soviet block country or something to that effect we would have done it too.
Jesus Christ, I have seen this same bullshit 100x posted on social media by obvious Russian sock accounts.

This is what it has come to, you are pushing Russian propaganda. I don't think you are knowingly doing it, but you put your faith in nutjobs and this is what happens.

Jesus Christ, I have seen this same bullshit 100x posted on social media by obvious Russian sock accounts.

This is what it has come to, you are pushing Russian propaganda. I don't think you are knowingly doing it, but you put your faith in nutjobs and this is what happens.
1) Yes you’re right
2) But it’s true that Russia’s is a reality with which we have never had to deal. At least within living memory, or even a generation before that. I really do not know what would happen if Mexico tried to join a soviet bloc. I do know that Cuba did and we went completely ballistic, attempted a sort of invasion, almost started a nuclear war, and 60 years later still haven’t fully normalized relations. And Cuba wasn’t to us what Ukraine is to Russia.

Russia is officially a fallen superpower. There are now two (and a half if you count the EU separately) superpowers, and Russia doesn’t want to kneel to either. It’s messy.

Reactions: ohio herd

Oh shit, I am not pushing Russian propoganda. Cmon. we would have and you know it. I am nost defending Putin, he is a KGB bastard. Hell, we would have done it. What do you think we would have done. Damn, that is called understanding your enemy and their motivations. He didn't want Ukraine in NATO or EU and they are right in his backdoor. He saw we have a certified idiot as President and he said I am going in to stop it and gain territory.

Jesus, stop with that shit. You leftist always do that shit. That is why he ****ing did it. Doesnt mean I like the bastard or read his propoganda. Damn. That is like throwing the damn race card out all the time.

I told this forum months ago welcome to the new Cold War and here we are. I think you agreeed with it.

Putin does not want Ukraine being in NATO> Period and he was willing to go to war over it. Hell, he built troops up for a year. a Year and said what he was going to do. Why? FOr the damn reasons I posted.

Now if the time for China as well. If they are ever going to do it, now is the time. Hell, they might want to do it before November.

I really do not know what would happen if Mexico tried to join a soviet bloc. I do know that Cuba did and we went completely ballistic, attempted a sort of invasion, almost started a nuclear war, and 60 years later still haven’t fully normalized relations. And Cuba wasn’t to us what Ukraine is to Russia.
Ballistic is the word to use, in more ways than one, as it was the placing of ballistic nuclear missiles in Cuba that pissed us off. The West has not placed such weapons in Ukraine. I'd go a step further and say Ukraine giving up the Soviet nukes it possessed makes the situation even more different than Cuba.

Ballistic is the word to use, in more ways than one, as it was the placing of ballistic nuclear missiles in Cuba that pissed us off. The West has not placed such weapons in Ukraine. I'd go a step further and say Ukraine giving up the Soviet nukes it possessed makes the situation even more different than Cuba.
They gave back the Soviet nukes because they did not have the ability to fire them, and the alternative was Russia coming and collecting them.

1. Some have been pushing this great Russian army theme since before this invasion began. That's proven to be BS.

2. There have been a number of Russian generals killed in this war. Heard one guy attribute that to this army doesn't have an NCO corp who will pick up the ball run with it. It's a very top down control system. The generals have to move forward to try to get things moving and are picked off.

This has always been one of the US military's strongest assets...our soldiers know the mission and have no issue taking responsibility to get it done.

3. Yes we tried to overthrow the commie regime in Cuba, but we didn't bomb women and children.

4. The reason we don't have to worry about neighbors joining the commie block because it's been proven to be a failure. I've said it before, Russia isn't afraid of a military invasion from a Ukraine that's a European Union member ... he's more concerned about an invasion of ideas that threaten his lifetime presidency.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Oh shit, I am not pushing Russian propoganda
I didn't say you did it on purpose. Remember my Facebook post about Russian sock accounts? I've been watching this shit for months. And I swear, that "what if Canada/Mexico" argument was all over those.

I'm to the point I don't think he did it because Ukraine siding with the West is a threat. I really do think it is about some cosmic thinking about Mother Russia and destiny.

1. Some have been pushing this great Russian army theme since before this invasion began. That's proven to be BS.

2. There have been a number of Russian generals killed in this war. Heard one guy attribute that to this army doesn't have an NCO corp who will pick up the ball run with it. It's a very top down control system. The generals have to move forward to try to get things moving and are picked off.

This has always been one of the US military's strongest assets...our soldiers know the mission and have no issue taking responsibility to get it done.

3. Yes we tried to overthrow the commie regime in Cuba, but we didn't bomb women and children.

4. The reason we don't have to worry about neighbors joining the commie block because it's been proven to be a failure. I've said it before, Russia isn't afraid of a military invasion from a Ukraine that's a European Union member ... he's more concerned about an invasion of ideas that threaten his lifetime presidency.
1)Gen Milley, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, said he thought within days Ukraine would fall

2)The Russian Army is staffed different than ours. Correct they don't have NCO corps or a solid chain of command like we do. Down to a private the US Army can run a mission with a chain of command.

3)We don't do that the Russians do and it is in their doctrine. I had a whole thread about how we don't undestand the Russians. I wrote what they were getting ready to do.

4)Correct, he doesn't want that in his backdoor. I get blasted for saying it. He is not going to allow NATO in his backdoor of Ukraine. Period. If he has to nuke the place he might do it. He also wants the ports and sea access and the Euro's became reliant upon his energy. He saw weakness and pounced.

They gave back the Soviet nukes because they did not have the ability to fire them
I've read that Ukraine could have solved that in a year or two.

You are correct that Russia would have likely came in to take them if they did not give them up. In the end, a few billion was worth more to Ukraine than the headache of those nukes. But I still think it is a sobering lesson for NK, Iran, and others...no one invades a nation with nukes.

1)Gen Milley, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, said he thought within days Ukraine would fall
He was apparently wrong in his assessment
4)Correct, he doesn't want that in his backdoor. I get blasted for saying it. He is not going to allow NATO in his backdoor of Ukraine. Period. If he has to nuke the place he might do it. He also wants the ports and sea access and the Euro's became reliant upon his energy. He saw weakness and pounced.
I understand not wanting NATO there....but the European Union? England just got out of the European union. There's no military element of the EU as far as I know.

If Canada would have said, hey we are a Soviet block country

And I swear, that "what if Canada/Mexico" argument was all over those

Well, it does run in the family...

justin-trudeau-fidel-castro.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT