ADVERTISEMENT

A serious, sobering question

Looks to me all Putin has done is make an argument for Ukraine in NATO.

Jesus Christ, I have seen this same bullshit 100x posted on social media by obvious Russian sock accounts.

This is what it has come to, you are pushing Russian propaganda. I don't think you are knowingly doing it, but you put your faith in nutjobs and this is what happens.
This didn’t happen in Cuba?

He was apparently wrong in his assessment

I understand not wanting NATO there....but the European Union? England just got out of the European union. There's no military element of the EU as far as I know.
Russia has a very strained relationship with the EU.

Reactions: Chevy1
I am shocked at how poorly trained and managed their army is.

Nothing new... Military deaths seem to be part of their history and strategy...

"The following countries have the highest estimated World War II casualties: the Soviet Union (20 to 27 million),"

I didn't say you did it on purpose. Remember my Facebook post about Russian sock accounts? I've been watching this shit for months. And I swear, that "what if Canada/Mexico" argument was all over those.

I'm to the point I don't think he did it because Ukraine siding with the West is a threat. I really do think it is about some cosmic thinking about Mother Russia and destiny.
Believing Putin had what he believed to be real security concerns in invading Ukraine is not pushing, knowingly or unknowingly, Russian propaganda. It’s recognizing that he would certainly have a different point of view.

if Ukraine were to clear the hurdles to join NATO or the EU, would NATO put nukes in the country? Don’t know. Would it give NATO enhanced quick strike capabilities toward Russia? Absolutely. Would it give NATO enhanced supply lines to attack Russia if they decided to do that? Absolutely.

To dismiss the Canada or Mexico comparison is just being dishonest. What if Mexico formed an alliance with China, part of which would allow China to have military bases in Mexico “to ensure their safety from US aggression”? Would we be cool with Mexico doing that? Should Putin be cool with potentially having NATO bases in Ukraine?

Believing Putin had what he believed to be real security concerns in invading Ukraine is not pushing, knowingly or unknowingly, Russian propaganda. It’s recognizing that he would certainly have a different point of view.

if Ukraine were to clear the hurdles to join NATO or the EU, would NATO put nukes in the country? Don’t know. Would it give NATO enhanced quick strike capabilities toward Russia? Absolutely. Would it give NATO enhanced supply lines to attack Russia if they decided to do that? Absolutely.

To dismiss the Canada or Mexico comparison is just being dishonest. What if Mexico formed an alliance with China, part of which would allow China to have military bases in Mexico “to ensure their safety from US aggression”? Would we be cool with Mexico doing that? Should Putin be cool with potentially having NATO bases in Ukraine?
It would also give NATO nearly complete control over the Black Sea. Throw in Urkraine and Turkey and control of that Sea and the Russians are hurting in regard to that sea port and access to the Black Sea.

Putin is trying to make it clear, win, lose, or draw that Russia will not allow Ukraine to be part of NATO or the allies or whatever.

Believing Putin had what he believed to be real security concerns in invading Ukraine is not pushing, knowingly or unknowingly, Russian propaganda.
I should have screen shot all the socks, because this is going over many heads here. It's not about talking about Putin's concerns. What herdman wrote was almost verbatim to sock copypasta that I have seen, no shit, over 100x. . Usual Soviet/Russia whataboutism, "what if Canada..." Almost verbatim, I am not kidding. That's how rampant and persuasive this shit is on social media. Then media types start saying it, because it is rampant and persuasive...most of them have no original thoughts to begin with.

Reactions: imherdfan
Father and son...
Trudeau's mother banged a lot of dudes. If Fidel was Justin's father, she would have put it in her book....where she talked about all the famous dudes she banged lol.
Military deaths seem to be part of their history and strategy...
Accepting casualties in the face of invasion is not the same sport as creating casualties via incompetence.

Yes, he should....if he would join the civilized governments like France, Germany, and many others.
So if he would just forsake his principles and kowtow to the societal beliefs of the west, doing things as they dictated and saw fit, everything would be okay?

If you believe that then you should be on board to agree to accept all conservative doctrine so that we all get along here and you can act like an adult. We would have no reason to argue if you would simply change the way you should.

Who really knows how many they have lost.
True enough...a number north of 9800 was published in a Russian news source the other day....It appears it has since been deleted.

If the casualty numbers are accurate, it would mean that, in less than four weeks, the Russian military has lost more than double the number of U.S.-led coalition troops killed during the entire nine-year Iraq War.

True enough...a number north of 9800 was published in a Russian news source the other day....It appears it has since been deleted.

If the casualty numbers are accurate, it would mean that, in less than four weeks, the Russian military has lost more than double the number of U.S.-led coalition troops killed during the entire nine-year Iraq War.
That’s about double our Iraq death toll, in a month, with half the population.

Serious question - why is that? I know there are many factors. Interested in your, and others' opinions and discussion.

Weapons, tactics and motivation (or non-motivation) for both sides?

Russia has mounted full-frontal offensives while we were more of a defensive player in the Middle East?

Others? I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Serious question - why is that? I know there are many factors. Interested in your, and others' opinions and discussion.

Weapons, tactics and motivation (or non-motivation) for both sides?

Russia has mounted full-frontal offensives while we were more of a defensive player in the Middle East?

Others? I can think of a few off the top of my head.

the russian doctrine is different that our. We practrice speed, fire and maneuver, and combined arms firepower(Army working with Air Foce, Navy, Marines, etc.). The Russians do not. They believe in large numbers straight on and the use of artillery bombing the enemey into submission through atrition. Putin also spread his numbers thin and in some places sent his C team in first.

Reactions: KyMUfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT