ADVERTISEMENT

About last night - Ohio State edition

RhinoD

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2007
Marshall
marshall.forums.rivals.com
I meant to write my recap yesterday but after traveling it just slipped by me... Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly from the Herd's loss at Columbus on Saturday afternoon.

Let's start by stating the obvious, this game didn't teach us much because as expected OSU had better athletes across the board. There was no amount of Xs and Os that were going to overcome the difference.

The positives -
• The QB debate is over (or at least it should be for now)... Earle played a really good first half, he looked more comfortable than in the two previous starts. It's clear he is the #1 guy.
• Offensive line play... We didn't know what to expect when the season began, but they've been solid so far.
• We cashed a big check this morning.

The negatives -
• Secondary issues... Good gracious. I know OSU has two first round WRs and two NFL level backs, but there were plays where it looked like an NFL team playing a high school squad. We didn't cover much of anyone, and our safeties were nonexistent in both phases, the run and the pass.
• Linebacker play... Again, talent gap aside, our guys got their lunch money taken every drive for four hours.

The ugly -
• Officiating... The refs didn't cost our guys the game by any stretch, but they were bad all day. Took forever to make a call, wasted time on needless reviews of obvious plays, etc.
• The heat... It shouldn't be that brutally hot in Ohio in late September.

Next Saturday we start a very important three game stretch... If this team is going to make a bowl game they are going to need Ws in two of the next three. Hopefully we get a little fall weather for tailgating and we give Western Michigan hell!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.