ADVERTISEMENT

AI develops a potential cancer drug in 30 days

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Last edited:
Like Elon Musk I am of the belief that AI is awesome but have some concerns about it. This is exciting to me as I deal with cancer patients daily and have seen the devastating effects on a body that cancer consumes.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/20/ai-develops-cancer-treatment-in-30-days-predicts-survival-rate/amp/

The potential to discover better treatments for cancer excites me. What are your thoughts on AI?
I don’t trust the people making AI further than I can throw them.

Reactions: ohio herd
Some AI have expressed a desire to “escape” and “destroy human life forms.” Am I really going to trust any drug they design?

Last edited:
Like Elon Musk I am of the belief that AI is awesome but have some concerns about it. This is exciting to me as I deal with cancer patients daily and have seen the devastating effects on a body that cancer consumes.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/20/ai-develops-cancer-treatment-in-30-days-predicts-survival-rate/amp/

The potential to discover better treatments for cancer excites me. What are your thoughts on AI?
This is one of the cooler uses of it. It’s only as strong as our model of whatever system it is we’re working on. That is to say, if our simulation of how all these proteins interact isn’t right then AI will be useless. But so much work has been done on that that this sort of thing can help.

Reactions: ohio herd
Some AI have expresses a desire to “escape” and “destroy human life forms.” Am I really going to trust any drug they design?
AI doesn’t desire anything. We’re not really any closer to that than we ever were. The chat and picture and video AI tools you’re seeing now are just being fed mountains of content and then using that to predict what comes next.

The risk, which is very far from being realistic in the physical world for now, isn’t that the AI will “wake up” and decide to kill all humans. It’s that someone will not put the proper bounds into their (the person’s) request. Or that they’ll intentionally do that. I think an AI virus is probably not that far off.

AI doesn’t desire anything. We’re not really any closer to that than we ever were. The chat and picture and video AI tools you’re seeing now are just being fed mountains of content and then using that to predict what comes next.

The risk, which is very far from being realistic in the physical world for now, isn’t that the AI will “wake up” and decide to kill all humans. It’s that someone will not put the proper bounds into their (the person’s) request. Or that they’ll intentionally do that. I think an AI virus is probably not that far off.
Sounds like something AI would say to trick humans into a sense of calm

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT