ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama still best program

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
People who hate bama.loved that final clemson drive it was great. Hats off to clemson but Bama should have won but didnt but still qill be the best bet to win it all next year. Haters will still hate the best.Hope the herd's defensive players watched how bama punished them on every tackle. Aaron P called it dirty. Lol what a sissy.

I hope Legg was awake watching the number of offensive schemes/plays being executed by both teams. He could learn a lot by simply watching.

Yes, Alabama is still the best program but Ohio State and Clemson aren't far behind.

Between them, 'Bama, Clemson and Ohio State currently have 15 5-star commits in their 2017 recruiting classes. That's nearly half of the 5-star recruits (when you factor in JUCOs) in the entire country for this cycle.

Completely absurd.

Completely absurb to compare osu with alabama. Next year, well wait until next year to brag. Roll tide

SEC butt hurt is strong today.
. Great game by clemson. Alabama has nothing to hang their heads about unless someone hated not winning the 5 title in such a short time. Terrible if someone was butthurt. Greenduke go take a crap. You been full of yourself lately. Not the wise statesman lately. Butthurt lol

Clemson's edge in the skill positions, QB and wide receivers, overcame Alabama's overall edge on the defensive side. Overall, IMO, the difference between these two teams is razor thin, and if they played 10 times, the results would probably be 5-5 or no more than 6-4.

Alabama lost. Clemson is the national champ. These are unquestionable truths, like how UK is terrible at football and cheats its ass off in basketball.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
. Great game by clemson. Alabama has nothing to hang their heads about unless someone hated not winning the 5 title in such a short time. Terrible if someone was butthurt. Greenduke go take a crap. You been full of yourself lately. Not the wise statesman lately. Butthurt lol

Sistersville, I have ceded the mantle of wise statesman to you for the foreseeable future. Are you up for that?

Vegas has Bama as the odds on favorite to win it all next year. Hopefully my beloved Noles will have something to say about that since we play each other the first game of the season.

The best program does not always win, especially as the regular season is demphisized and replaced with more random playoffs, but, yes, Alabama is the best program and probably will be as long as Saban is there. Clemson won the title this year. Clemson also has a great program. Sweney, who seems like a good person who has come over a bad childhood, is right there

The SEC is, by far, the greatest conference, with almost half of its current members having won national championships just since I-A and I-AA were split in 1978 (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Louisiana State), and over 40% of the current NFL rosters. No other conference has that kind of depth. You have to go back into ancient history to find 6 different national champions from the same league, and still you will fail in 2 of the 4 cases. The ACC is clearly second, but has several weak teams at the bottom that give de facto off-weeks to the top teams. Then there is a huge gap before you get to the Big 10 and Pac 12, which likewise have good teams at the top and little at the bottom, and then another gap before the Big 2, Little 8. Really the gap between the Big 2, Little 8 and the top G5 leagues in a given year is smaller than the gap between it and the other 4.

Now the Marshall content. Not that we will ever get there, because we won't, but the model for Marshall is the big state schools NOT named for a state or big city, and thus not flush with non-alumni fairweather fans. Chief among these Clemson, Auburn, and Purdue. Think about that, Clemson, a fairly small by I-A P5 standards (18K undergrads) and limited (mostly ag/sci/tech) college located in a tiny town in the mountains on the very edge of its state, has developed a statewide following (including many with no actual relationship with the school), a loyal alumni base (some accounts say it invented the booster club idea) and a national following. We could do worse in finding something to study and emulate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT