ADVERTISEMENT

All joking aside, would anyone be surprised if we finished 5-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know who our special teams coach is, but he should have been "reassigned" this morning... Our special teams has been absolutely pathetic all year and it cost us the game yesterday, plain and simple. Blocked punt for TD, roughing the punter on a gimme punt situation, that leads to the game-clinching TD. Cant kick a field goal over 40 yards, kickoffs out of bounds, stupid pooch kicks at dumb times, penalties galore. It's been a nightmare for six games.

The defense not being able to stop the run is also a definite issue. As was pointed out last week, we look slow and robotic at linebacker and we aren't very athletic at safety either. If the back gets through our line, its 10, 15, 20 yards or more.

Fancher is what he is... He's a game manager... And that's fine if you have a great defense and can make an occasional big play on special teams. We dont.

Looking at the schedule the only "sure" win is Arkansas State on Senior Night... I felt pretty good about winning two of Georgia State, Coastal, App and GA Southern, but after watching last nights game I have much less confidence.
Isn't this the first year our ST coach has actually had the sole responsibility of ST? Seems like a read that somewhere when he was hired. Not good.

I find the "OL Sucks" argument comical at times.

11 sacks in 6 games
Averaging over 4 yards per carry
Running back who is second in the country in rushing TD's
Averaging over 30 points per game

Yet, somehow, they suck.

Tough crowd

11 sacks in 6 games

Yet, somehow, they suck.

Tough crowd
…..and yet, Aaron, you can throw every possible attaboy into this thread, painting as ultra positive picture as is humanly possible. But having done that? They’re not scoring enough points to win those last two games. And in the last game? Woefully short of the necessary effort. Please explain why we are having such a hard time scoring enough?

…..and yet, Aaron, you can throw every possible attaboy into this thread, painting as ultra positive picture as is humanly possible. But having done that? They’re not scoring enough points to win those last two games. And in the last game? Woefully short of the necessary effort. Please explain why we are having such a hard time scoring enough?

Well, we have scored enough to win 4 of the 6 times we have been on the field this year. The loss at NC State we scored enough to probably win, but didnt. Georgia State we lost. Happens.

Its not like we are 1 - 5 or anything.

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
Well, we have scored enough to win 4 of the 6 times we have been on the field this year. The loss at NC State we scored enough to probably win, but didnt. Georgia State we lost. Happens.

Its not like we are 1 - 5 or anything.
Well just as you argue over on the other board that JMU has been lucky to hold on and win their games we are just a play away or some beneficial PI calls away from having a losing record. ECU is the only team that we put away.

Your refusal to even acknowledge that some things aren't working is baffling.

Well just as you argue over on the other board that JMU has been lucky to hold on and win their games we are just a play away or some beneficial PI calls away from having a losing record. ECU is the only team that we put away.

Your refusal to even acknowledge that some things aren't working is baffling.
Oh, he knows it. Just has a hard time typing the words…..

11 sacks in 6 games

Yet, somehow, they suck.

Tough crowd
I dont usually agree with your over the top homer stance... But in this instance I do.

The offensive line hasn't been as bad as many on here believe. Our offense's biggest issues are not having a #1 WR (or anything close to it) and having a QB that doesn't/can't throw downfield (which is also tied back to problem number one).

The only memorable deep ball we've completed all season was thrown from a WR to another WR on a gadget play against ECU. It's week 7, and that's a problem.

How often does Fancher have all day in the pocket?Especially against good teams like Georgia State.

How much time do you think a D-1 qb should get in the pocket? 5-10 seconds? 1-3? 4-6? Just curious, plus there is more to pass blocking than just the Oline. Qbs have the ability to move in the pocket and away from pressure.

There were several times he had plenty of time to see what was going on and froze up. Yes there are times he gets hit pretty quickly, but he has plenty of time to read the field. The announcers commented on it a few times. I've been seeing it all year long and really since he took over. Cam is a grip and rip QB. He like to take the snap and immediately throw it. Sometimes without really paying attention. That's how several of his INTs have happened. When that first read isn't there he kind of freezes up.

Here's the biggest example that comes to mind. Go back and watch the game from Saturday. At the 11:02 mark of the 4th quarter we just took over and it's 1st&10 from the 25. #4 Demarcus Harris is streaking wide open down the sideline after burning the coverage. What does Cam do. He steps up in the pocket, pump fakes, runs, pump fakes, then takes off scrambling out of bounds. There was PERFECT protection on that play and he had 5 seconds before he decided to run with it. That is an eternity. This is one that the guys in the booth replayed to show how open Harris was.

This happens a good bit during the game, but Cam either check down to the closest guy to him or he scrambles.

Until he starts hitting those guys downfield we're never going to see a lightened box and we're going to continue to struggle.

Wouldn't shock me if he throws a deep pass on the first drive of tonight's game, and the pass is either completely uncatchable by anyone or sails right into the coverage's hands for an INT.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
If you need me to show you plays when this happened during games, then I suggest you drink some extra coffee before kickoff so you quit dosing off in your geri-chair, you old fart.
That last remark was totally unnecessary . You will never see the day you know more about football than I do. And calling an older person names is just not nice and you should know better .

That last remark was totally unnecessary . You will never see the day you know more about football than I do. And calling an older person names is just not nice and you should know better .

First day on the Internet?

I'm pretty certain your "extensive" knowledge of college football is nowhere the level you think. In fact, it's quite obvious from the things you keep insisting about Marshall football so far this season.

Still waiting on some substance to your claim.
Post didn't age too well, now did it?

Reality. This is a bad football team. Evident from Day One. A gaudy record, against awful teams, fooled the simple minded, but now we all, well all but Perkins who would cheer for a bowl of hog s*** if you painted "Marshall" on it, understand.

This is a bad football team.

Last edited:
I thought we would go 8-4, but now see 7-5 as a real possibility! Our QB problem is that we have an athlete playing QB - who isn't accurate down field, holds the ball too long, doesn't read the defense, only throws when the WR is wide open, and floats the ball vs. throwing it with intent. Maybe a stretch of losses will expose it.
Well said . Throwing with intent, urgency, and velocity. Throw wr open is not in his game

11 sacks in 6 games

Yet, somehow, they suck.

Tough crowd
Ok, now factor in the JMU game and see how those numbers stack up.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
So, if we do end up finishing 5-7 and ineligible for even a crappy Traxx Sneakers Bowl, does the Athletic Director start giving serious consideration to Huff's dismissal?

Post didn't age too well, now did it?

Reality. This is a bad football team. Evident from Day One. A gaudy record, against awful teams, fooled the simple minded, but now we all, well all but Perkins who would cheer for a bowl of hog s*** if you painted "Marshall" on it, understand.

No, it was evident day 1. Please, give us some specifics as to what the problems are. You never do. You are no fan of Marshall. Did you attend the game? Did you actually watch the game?

No, it was evident day 1.
It was?

Then why were you trolling me, and others who understand just how bad this team is, when we pointed that simple fact out, just after the Albany fiasco?

NOW, having been proven wrong, you wish to change the subject. I'm not playing your game. I was right, you were wrong. Game, set, match. You lose.

It was?

Then why were you trolling me, and others who understand just how bad this team is, when we pointed that simple fact out, just after the Albany fiasco?

NOW, having been proven wrong, you wish to change the subject. I'm not playing your game. I was right, you were wrong. Game, set, match. You lose.
Nope. I didn't lose. I dont change the subject. I dont run and hide. You have never given any insight as to why we are bad team. What specifically is wrong? Even I have pointed out the specific issues with this team and coaches. You dont. Why? Why when we win, do you disappear and hide until the next loss? Its a simple question you never answer.

It was?

Bad teams dont win 4 games in a row. Bad teams dont win on the road. Bad teams dont beat p5 schools. Bad teams dont take other P5 teams to the last minute of a game before losing on the road. Bad teams arent within one score of a top 25 team in the 4th quarter.

Now, maybe bad teams will do one of those things a year, but not all of those things.

You truly have no clue what you are talking about, and it is comical to see you spew your ignorance across this site on such a regular basis.

So you wish to lose, just as raleighherdfan has?

BTW, isn't it sad that he is still posting, when he has already lost?

Anyway, all you have done, in your childish way, is list some moral victory crapola. This, very bad, football team, has been assreamed by every team with a pulse it has played. While it will have a losing record, even that will be misleading, as we caught ECU and VPI at their absolute bottom on a generational scale. Most years this team would have been 3-8 or so at this level of stink.

The, again in your childish way, you call the adults "ignorant". I get it, I really do. Everything Marshall is good, every player is good, every coach is good. Rah, rah, rah. I felt that way.

When I was 10.

Reactions: RhinoD
The, again in your childish way, you call the adults "ignorant". I get it, I really do. Everything Marshall is good, every player is good, every coach is good. Rah, rah, rah. I felt that way.

When I was 10.
It's nauseating... I've never blocked a poster on this site, but I don't know if I can stomach much more of the "everything is phenomenal" BS.

Here in the real world, our team has lost three games in a row, the last two being badly outlplayed/outcoached. We look like a team that will be incredibly fortunate to finish .500 with a home win over Albany.

We need to be rooting for 2-3 more W's so we make a bowl game and hopefully find a MAC or CUSA team we can beat in Mobile, Birmingham, Myrtle Beach, etc on a random December Tuesday afternoon.

So you wish to lose, just as raleighherdfan has?

BTW, isn't it sad that he is still posting, when he has already lost?

Anyway, all you have done, in your childish way, is list some moral victory crapola. This, very bad, football team, has been assreamed by every team with a pulse it has played. While it will have a losing record, even that will be misleading, as we caught ECU and VPI at their absolute bottom on a generational scale. Most years this team would have been 3-8 or so at this level of stink.

When I was 10.

We are certainly a badly flawed team but so are the teams on our schedule including VPI and NCSU. We could still finish 6-6 maybe 7-5. Certainly that would not make us a "good" team but does it make us "bad"? Almost a semantical argument!

I dont recall saying anything about moral victories. Didnt say we were a great team. But as you knock on me, and apparently my positivity annoys Rhino and MANY others, but you are the exact opposite. To say this is a BAD football team is an ignorant comment. BAD football teams dont compete week in and week out with the teams we are playing, and beating.

Not that hard to understand really.

And Rhino, if I bring nothing at all to HN, then the block button is easy to fine, i am fairly positive you are not the only person on here to block someone that supports your program to the max. So, let it rip!!

GO HERD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT