ADVERTISEMENT

All the sugar coating...

herdftblfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2004
I'm normally not one to gloat but screw that! The NIU fans trashed us relentlessly, were uber critical of our schedule and mocked us as if they were this mighty program that we needed to model. How easily they forget we paved the way for them. They remind me of Toledo except Toledo had talent.

They really rubbed me the wrong way and as far as I am concerned they can suck it! They were over rated, soft and had absolutely no depth. Half of C-USA would destroy them.

Even now I've yet to see the first NIU fan on CSNBBS forums tell us good game. Screw NIU!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I said all along they were too slow and not on our level. They didn't deserve a 12-1 team. We'd kick their ass 10 out of 10 times. They're lucky Devon was still hurt enough to not play the entire game or it would have been worse. Also, their RB didn't have shit on Devon. Can't count how many times our LB laid a big hit on him and dropped him 1 on 1.

The NIU board is pretty funny right now... Some people who watched the game and understand the difference in athleticism but a lot more who are "if we just made _____ more plays" or "If we only had a different OC" and things of that nature.

If my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle... MU won by 29 points on a neutral field. There is no way to defend the difference in overall speed/talent.

The MAC is still the same MAC we left 10 years ago. One "good" team with a bunch of bad teams, and this year that "good" team actually isn't very good at all.

My favorite pertaining to this thread was the qb and rb half way limping around. Stingley ran his mouth early on suggesting we could not keep up with their size, strength and physicality. Our guys blew him up. The announcers were the loudest NIU cheerleaders in the stadium. They never admitted NIU totally lost the physical battle. Not saying we shoved them all over, but we clearly had the edge in toughness. The qb has to run cause he sure cant pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT