ADVERTISEMENT

america on the brink - can republicans perform the most basic function of govt?????

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
if your an insurance company - would you hire someone who does not believe
in insurance?
then, why do conservatives insist on hiring people to run govt who do not
believe in govt?

By Mike DeBonis, Ed O'Keefe and Erica WernerJanuary 19 at 7:32 AM
The showdown over government funding shifted Friday to the Senate after the House passed a short-term extension that was cobbled together with enough GOP votes to overcome an internal revolt.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/shutdown-looms-as-senate-democrats-dig-in-against-gop-spending-plan/2018/01/19/f4370868-fccd-11e7-a46b-a3614530bd87_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_shutdown-740am:homepage/story&utm_term=.8200c61df63f

Last edited:
Dear lord you are a fvcking idiot. It's your party that is shutting down the government. It's your party that won't go along with funding CHIP for 5 years. And why? Because illegal aliens are more important than actual citizens. And not because you care but because they are political pawns that you can move around the board.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Dear lord you are a fvcking idiot. It's your party that is shutting down the government. It's your party that won't go along with funding CHIP for 5 years. And why? Because illegal aliens are more important than actual citizens. And not because you care but because they are political pawns that you can move around the board.
429 help me understand how it’s the dems fault. The republicans control the house senate and White House. As long as they vote together this is a nonissue. Not sure how you can pivot and blame this on the minority. I am eagerly awaiting your detailed explanation.

Reactions: Herd Fever
429 help me understand how it’s the dems fault. The republicans control the house senate and White House. As long as they vote together this is a nonissue. Not sure how you can pivot and blame this on the minority. I am eagerly awaiting your detailed explanation.

I thought a conservative such as yourself would understand this.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Are you going to jump in and offer an explanation? Can’t wait for it. Since you are the smartest guy on the board this should clear things up real fast.

CR's require 60 votes in the Senate. They need at least 12 Dem votes. Need anything else lazy ass....let me know.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Learn something. It takes 60 votes to pass. Republicans don’t have 60 votes in the senate. Democrats are actively stating they are going to shut down the govt.

Reactions: GreenDuke

They don’t even have the 51 republican votes so no it doesn’t make since. You have to your own party on board first before you start worrying about others. They are more than capable of passing a short term solution until then.

In a country that is extremely divided on the issue of immigration, why drive a bigger wedge between the sides? This reeks of political grandstanding and is unlikely to help bring about any long-term solution. The epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Dems had some momentum heading towards mid-term elections. This could absolutely halt that in its tracks.

In a country that is extremely divided on the issue of immigration, why drive a bigger wedge between the sides? This reeks of political grandstanding and is unlikely to help bring about any long-term solution. The epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Dems had some momentum heading towards mid-term elections. This could absolutely halt that in its tracks.
Never underestimate the Democrats need to self destruct. They're like Meeseeks from Rick and Morty, only they don't actually achieve anything.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Dems had some momentum heading towards mid-term elections. This could absolutely halt that in its tracks.

Wishful thinking on your part. 2/3rds of the country disagree with the cheetos/GOP tax cut policy for the rich. The GOP is then seen as using the very popular CHIP program funding as a point of leverage while deporting people who've lived here for years by eliminating DACA (a program approved by about 2/3rds of the nation) for a border wall (a program disapproved of by about 2/3rds of the nation.

Wishful thinking on your part. 2/3rds of the country disagree with the cheetos/GOP tax cut policy for the rich. The GOP is then seen as using the very popular CHIP program funding as a point of leverage while deporting people who've lived here for years by eliminating DACA (a program approved by about 2/3rds of the nation) for a border wall (a program disapproved of by about 2/3rds of the nation.

You can't honestly believe those 2/3 numbers. Assuming They are even close to correct, those figures likely come from areas that will vote Democrat anyways (see popular vote from POTUS election). If that is the case, they have no bearing whatsoever on swing states - where people might actually care about this stunt.

They don’t even have the 51 republican votes so no it doesn’t make since. You have to your own party on board first before you start worrying about others. They are more than capable of passing a short term solution until then.
That's what they are trying to do dumbass

WTF are you talking about? A "Continuing Resolution" is the "short term solution" they are working on. And the Senate needs at least 12 votes from Dems to pass.

Trump has summoned Chuck over to the white house to work out a deal. Make no mistake about it, Trump and Chuck are buddies, despite what you see on TV. They have to speak to their bases, but deep down, they're buds.

Meanwhile, Trump has taken another dump down Mitch McConnell's throat. How that guy has stayed in power is beyond me.

In a country that is extremely divided on the issue of immigration, why drive a bigger wedge between the sides?

Every poll I have seen on DACA has a very strong majority in support of these folks, like 3/4s support. There's not even a rational argument the polling is bullshit at that point. Is this the hill Dems should stand or die on? That's to be seen.

Does Hillary still have a 99% chance of winning the election.

Speaking of Manchin, here is his statement on this clusterfvck, and I totally agree with him.

“I have never and will never vote to shut down the government. Today, I will vote to keep the government open for a fourth time for FY2018 through a continuing resolution. Just because I will vote to pass this doesn’t mean I like it. We are already more than 3 months into FY 2018 and we still don’t have a plan to fund our government. Every time we pass short-term funding, we put our national security at risk, we stall critical projects and throw our economy and our citizens into limbo. We have important work to do including ensuring our military is equipped to protect our country, fighting the opioid epidemic, keeping our promise to coal miners so they don’t lose their hard-earned pensions, fully funding the Children’s Health Insurance Program and Community Health Centers, expanding broadband access and passing a comprehensive infrastructure package. Funding the government is one of our most basic constitutional obligations. We cannot keep kicking the can down the road just to face the same problems a month later. Governing this way is dangerous to our national security and embarrassing for both political parties. I urge my colleagues to come together, do our job, and find a solution that keeps our government running. And I’m prepared to stay here as long as it takes to get that done.”

Frankly I would take 100 Joe Manchins in the Senate. I don't always agree with him, but at least he isn't a total piece of shit like most of them.

Reactions: herdfan429
I support that 100%, except I would change to docked pay and you fvckers are not getting it back.
Average net worth for a member of congress is just over a million. I say go ever further and fine them. Hold them personally liable. Don't allow their campaign or PAC's to pay the fines or any other such fu@kery. People always say they want the money out of politics, well, take it from the politicians.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
They do this crap all the time. The govt is going to shut down. Oh my , what are we going to do.

We still have fat poor people who wear Air Jordans. We have the lights on. The govt still functions. The IRS still wants their money by Apr 15. Alabama is still national champion. The sun will come up and I have a tee time tomorrow.

Hell with these clowns. Maybe Congress should go home.

The great deal maker can't negotiate a deal when his party controls House and Senate. sad

America on the brink - can republicans perform the most basic
act of governance.

we now have our answer - sad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT