ADVERTISEMENT

Another take on what happened to Coach Morrisey.

I don’t know how to post screenshot on here but here is the link. Last sentence.
There's a lot of smoke around this and where there's fire. There were rumblings last year that a lot of players and staff were sick of hearing, "well this is how we did it at Bama". Then there are rumors that Morrisey and Huff were having it out over coaching.

Reactions: Jbabbington
Someone needs to really explain a "toxic" environment. Now days that term is completely overused. Not saying that it isn't the case, but....a coach quitting 2 games into a season without a good reason is a bullshit move.

I am more troubled by the fact the public was told "we knew this could be a possibility (morrisey leaving) and nothing was done immediately. If they "knew" why was nothing done at that moment. This sounds more like Huff wanting something done, the coach didn't do it, they got into an argument and the dude quit.

Someone needs to really explain a "toxic" environment. Now days that term is completely overused. Not saying that it isn't the case, but....a coach quitting 2 games into a season without a good reason is a bullshit move.

I am more troubled by the fact the public was told "we knew this could be a possibility (morrisey leaving) and nothing was done immediately. If they "knew" why was nothing done at that moment. This sounds more like Huff wanting something done, the coach didn't do it, they got into an argument and the dude quit.
Someone with a narcissistic personality disorder will create a toxic environment. That same person will tell you how great their skills are when they are in fact not great.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
no-really.gif

What is the real story with Ali? 10 minutes before kickoff of the Gardner Webb game he pulls into the west lot (in his NIL Mercedes)and strolls into the stadium. He came back to practice right after the ND game - the next day our oline coach leaves. I guess that’s just a coincidence?

Ali isn’t injured, he’s not playing for some other reason and has no team contact. He comes back for a day and we lose a coach at the same time. Something weird going on.

What is the real story with Ali? 10 minutes before kickoff of the Gardner Webb game he pulls into the west lot (in his NIL Mercedes)and strolls into the stadium. He came back to practice right after the ND game - the next day our oline coach leaves. I guess that’s just a coincidence?

Ali isn’t injured, he’s not playing for some other reason and has no team contact. He comes back for a day and we lose a coach at the same time. Something weird going on.
The OL coach leaving is not related to Ali. There was animosity between he and Huff that evidently has been building since the summer. I can't repost what's on OF, but let's just say there's another reason why Huff may not be attracting better coaches.

There's a lot of smoke around Huff being an egotistical hypocrite.

Do you know why Ali really isn’t playing? When you know that you just may know the whole story.

edit: my post is in no way supporting Huff or saying he doesn’t have an overwhelming level of unearned arrogance.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Do you know why Ali really isn’t playing? When you know that you just may know the whole story.
Do you know? If so let us know. From the bits and pieces I have heard from reliable people is that he was hurt and his decision on treatment wasn't exactly smart and I could see where maybe that could add to the tension.

The OL coach leaving is not related to Ali. There was animosity between he and Huff that evidently has been building since the summer. I can't repost what's on OF, but let's just say there's another reason why Huff may not be attracting better coaches.

Why can you not repost what is on Olde Fairfield? It’s not too secret you know.

Do you know? If so let us know. From the bits and pieces I have heard from reliable people is that he was hurt and his decision on treatment wasn't exactly smart and I could see where maybe that could add to the tension.
That’s the preferred athletic department story. Ask yourself a few questions though:

Can you think of other instances where an injured player essentially disassociated from the team? Wasn’t on the sidelines, didn’t attend meetings, etc? Usually (always) those guys stay around and offer support any way they can.

can you think of another instance where an injured player shows up to practice in full pads for one day after not associating with the team and then disappears from all team activities again?

can you think of another instance where a player is believed to have a leg injury severe enough to keep him from playing but not one sighting in a boot, brace, or any other medical device? I mean isn’t he going to class?

Someone with a narcissistic personality disorder will create a toxic environment. That same person will tell you how great their skills are when they are in fact not great.
Not denying that. But I’m not seeing a “narcissistic” personality in the Huff interviews and interactions. It appears the two guys didn’t get along.

I was at Hoops In Huntington last night, heard someone behind me say "sheen", looked behind me and there was Ali, with about 4 players. He was in travel sweats like everyone else. Didn't see brace or anything, but to be fair it could have been under the sweats.

That’s the preferred athletic department story. Ask yourself a few questions though:

Can you think of other instances where an injured player essentially disassociated from the team? Wasn’t on the sidelines, didn’t attend meetings, etc? Usually (always) those guys stay around and offer support any way they can.

can you think of another instance where an injured player shows up to practice in full pads for one day after not associating with the team and then disappears from all team activities again?

can you think of another instance where a player is believed to have a leg injury severe enough to keep him from playing but not one sighting in a boot, brace, or any other medical device? I mean isn’t he going to class?

Regardless of why he's been out, I think at this point he will either declare for the NFL draft or return next season. I think it's BS if Marshall is still giving him free tuition and he's not being an actual student athlete out of self interests.

Huff may not realize not only is it hard living in Huntington, it's also very difficult to keep secrets, especially for extended periods of time when the primary subject involved is out in the open like nothing ever happened.

Reactions: ohio herd

He falls right in line with Ferrell and the other BOG members as far as ego is concerned, no wonder they hired him.

A number of us questioned the "official" story when it first came out that Morrissey's contract expired Oct. 1 and he wanted to move closer to family for whatever reason... Football coaching contracts don't expire during the season, and even if his did by some error, why would you not sign the guy to an extension through the end of the year coming off the biggest win in program history? Or at least have another O-line coach on staff to take over as of Oct. 1, rather than handing Bill Legg a whistle?

As for Ali, we will never know, but its the oddest situation with a player I can remember... Here is the short list of things we have been told by "insiders" since Aug. 1 --

"He is taking a leave of absence to deal with a family issue"
"He's taking a leave because he has a mental health issue"
"He has a knee injury and won't be ready until midseason"
"It's not a knee, but it is an injury, and we don't know how long it will take"
"He's going to skip the year and prepare for the NFL draft"
"He's back at practice and looks great, might be ready for Louisiana"
"He's no longer at practice and there is no word on when or if he plays this season"

The whole program is a mess right now... And that starts with the guy at the top. I like Huff, he's a great talker, seems like he genuinely wants to win, but eventually you have to look at the captain when a ship is taking on water.

A number of us questioned the "official" story when it first came out that Morrissey's contract expired Oct. 1 and he wanted to move closer to family for whatever reason... Football coaching contracts don't expire during the season, and even if his did by some error, why would you not sign the guy to an extension through the end of the year coming off the biggest win in program history? Or at least have another O-line coach on staff to take over as of Oct. 1, rather than handing Bill Legg a whistle?

As for Ali, we will never know, but its the oddest situation with a player I can remember... Here is the short list of things we have been told by "insiders" since Aug. 1 --

"He is taking a leave of absence to deal with a family issue"
"He's taking a leave because he has a mental health issue"
"He has a knee injury and won't be ready until midseason"
"It's not a knee, but it is an injury, and we don't know how long it will take"
"He's going to skip the year and prepare for the NFL draft"
"He's back at practice and looks great, might be ready for Louisiana"
"He's no longer at practice and there is no word on when or if he plays this season"

The whole program is a mess right now... And that starts with the guy at the top. I like Huff, he's a great talker, seems like he genuinely wants to win, but eventually you have to look at the captain when a ship is taking on water.
Well, lol, I heard yesterday that this has to do with a dealer vehicle over the summer. I did read this somewhere before but it didn't have any legs.

Reactions: RhinoD
I liked him at first but its pretty clear he and his wife don't want to be here and it's all about moving up and out as fast as they can. That's why we need to cut ties after this year. Rebuild for 2023 with an eye on getting back on track in 2024.

I liked him at first but its pretty clear he and his wife don't want to be here and it's all about moving up and out as fast as they can. That's why we need to cut ties after this year. Rebuild for 2023 with an eye on getting back on track in 2024.
I love Huntington and will still be living there if my wife didn't have to be coddled by her parents. It's not a place for everyone but for a town it's size there are things to do. We have been patient for 18 years. Personally I am finished waiting and this was not a rebuild. But it is a rebuild now and I do not believe Huff can get the job done. JMO

I love Huntington and will still be living there if my wife didn't have to be coddled by her parents. It's not a place for everyone but for a town it's size there are things to do. We have been patient for 18 years. Personally I am finished waiting and this was not a rebuild. But it is a rebuild now and I do not believe Huff can get the job done. JMO
I love Huntington, it's my hometown and I'll likely die here. It has some great features but like many town and cities, has its warts as well. A lot of our issues stem from city and county government being too comfortable and not forward thinking.
Hell, Raleigh just had a mass shooting, many cities have huge issues with drugs and homeless. The wife and I stopped in Boone, NC Saturday to see App's campus and stadium. I was shocked at the homeless and in a little town square/park area, they were giving out fee supplies and rolls of toilet paper to the homeless - I kid you not.

I love Huntington, it's my hometown and I'll likely die here. It has some great features but like many town and cities, has its warts as well. A lot of our issues stem from city and county government being too comfortable and not forward thinking.
Hell, Raleigh just had a mass shooting, many cities have huge issues with drugs and homeless. The wife and I stopped in Boone, NC Saturday to see App's campus and stadium. I was shocked at the homeless and in a little town square/park area, they were giving out fee supplies and rolls of toilet paper to the homeless - I kid you not.

Like you said, every town or city has warts. We vacation in a very wealthy area in FL and even they have drug problems and homeless people.

I have to go to St Louis next month for some meetings. Talk about a nasty town. ugh!
Kind of depends on where you're at within St. Louis. I was there looking at a new plant a couple months back, and the area we were at was extremely nice. In fact, I was shocked, because I figured I would have to watch my step. However, there's some nasty areas that you simply don't want to venture to. I haven't been downtown by the river where the arch and sports facilities are located, but I've heard it's not too bad. Probably changes dramatically at night time though. All cities are nasty now days though.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT