ADVERTISEMENT

Any Chance Green Starts Today?

If we lose today we can't win the East so might as well keep IG out for the season and hope he can get a medical redshirt (If that is even an option). Thomson should be good enough to get us bowl eligible with our remaining schedule.

AT looked better last week. No need to throw IG back in there at this point unless he is 100% and even then a case can be made to stick with AT at least today.

Bye next week so good time to re-evaluate.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
If we lose today we can't win the East so might as well keep IG out for the season and hope he can get a medical redshirt (If that is even an option). Thomson should be good enough to get us bowl eligible with our remaining schedule.

He cannot get a medical RS. It has to be two seasons.

Paging @Chris McLaughlin for clarification.

Reactions: johns_1124
AT looked better last week. No need to throw IG back in there at this point unless he is 100% and even then a case can be made to stick with AT at least today.

Bye next week so good time to re-evaluate.

Why not apperently we have a couple of QB's due on campus next year who maybe ready to start as freshmen?

Why not apperently we have a couple of QB's due on campus next year who maybe ready to start as freshmen?

Unless one is head and shoulders above the other (which doesn’t seem to be the case) I would stick with AT since he improved last week. Just my opinion.

Lol

No they won't be. Both have pretty high ceilings but are developmental prospects that will sit for a few years behind Green/Thomson.

Unless one is head and shoulders above the other (which doesn’t seem to be the case) I would stick with AT since he improved last week. Just my opinion.

If people don't think one is head and shoulder above the other why would anyone play the QB that has played several years and has experience yet is no better than a freshman having only 4 game under his belt. Wouldnt the inexperienced QB that is just as good as the experienced QB have better potential for the team?

I personally think neither QB has looked all that good. Green though has an excuse. He is just a freshman and should only get better. Thomson, I just don't know. He was never all that great at Wagner and jumping up to the FCS level, he still doesn't look at that good. We have almost no downfield or mid range passing game with him at QB. He seems very limited in his ability and it shows in his stats

You do realize that Green's QBR is just slightly better on the season?

his QB rating was 71's against Miami and EKU. His worse game was 29 against NCSU a legitimate Top 25 team. AT is in the lower 30's against the ESPN's Bottom 10.

From the other thread he is improving each week, Yes. To what extent, he has already had 2 full years at QB at the FCS level. He shouldnt need to much more time to "Improve".

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
his QB rating was 71's against Miami and EKU. His worse game was 29 against NCSU a legitimate Top 25 team. AT is in the lower 30's against the ESPN's Bottom 10.

From the other thread he is improving each week, Yes. To what extent, he has already had 2 full years at QB at the FCS level. He shouldnt need to much more time to "Improve".

NC St not a top 25 team, weak squad that we should have beat.

They’ll lose several more.

I'm not tearing down Green as I believe he has a lot of potential, but the facts are in his profile.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4261909/isaiah-green

Why shouldn't Thomson have a lot of room for improvement? He had been out for almost the entire 2017 season where he played in a pro-style offense 1+ year and a triple option type offense his FR year. Thomson is new to the offense, is rusty from missing a year, and should get better with every game rep he gets over the next two seasons.

Last edited:
I'm not rearing down Green as I believe he has a lot of potential, but the facts are in his profile.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4261909/isaiah-green

Why shouldn't Thomson have a lot of room for improvement? He had been out for almost the entire 2017 season where he played in a pro-style offense 1+ year and a triple option type offense his FR year. Thomson is new to the offense, is rusty from missing a year, and should get better with every game rep he gets over the next two seasons.
I think people are saying with Thomson's college experience and being older, his learning curve should be considerably shorter. He was here in the summer to throw with the receivers.
Green hadn't played a game since the last game of his senior year in HS. Big difference.

I think people are saying with Thomson's college experience and being older, his learning curve should be considerably shorter. He was here in the summer to throw with the receivers.
Green hadn't played a game since the last game of his senior year in HS. Big difference.
Well, Thomson has improved a lot since his first start. He is a better manager of the offense than Green at this point to be honest. Sure, we aren't throwing down field as much but he is making the correct calls most of the time and we are averaging more PPG, more YPG, more Plays/GM, and have improved by over 2 Minutes TOP with him at QB. I'm not ready to name him the guy until he shows more ability to throw downfield, but the offense moves better with him at the controls. I'm anxious to see what we look like in two weeks as he could make a big jump over the next two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT