ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona 31 Oregon 24...

IMHO, I see it as..

Boise > Arizona
Arizona > Marshall

As a Boise fan I am biased, but so are many of you. Every fan base is full of homers, and that's a good thing, not trying to knock any of you there.

Anyway, the reason I think Boise > Marshall is because Boise proved that they can beat the #10 team in the country who won the PAC12 South. With the recent sec performances in bowl games, the pac12 is now w/o a doubt the best conference in the country. To beat the champion of one of the division's from that conference is very impressive IMO.

Marshals win over NIU was impressive.. But then again it's NIU. IMO NIU has always been overrated. Not trying to take anything away from Marshall. You guys have to just pay the games your given. I think you guys earned a shot against an SEC or Pac12 team just like Boise, and was disappointed to see you guys get NIU.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think you can say Marshall > Boise.. Marshals best win is NIU, whereas Boise's is against the #10 Pac12 south champion in Arizona. There is really no debate between which win was more impressive.

Could Marshall have beaten Arizona? Maybe, but it would all be speculation and what ifs. Again, I think Marshall deserved a shot against the big boys just like bsu did, but you can't honestly say Marshall > Boise because Marshall beat up on an overrated NIU team.

Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday and have a great 2015.

Bsu has a good MO for these games. Jump on them early, and hope to hang on so the talent gap doesn't can't catch up. It works well for them. And that's not a knock against them, that's just the way their games seem to look to me.

Arizona almost lost to UTSA, one of the bottom programs in CUSA this year.

Arizona is coached by Rich Rod.

He's always beaten someone he shouldn't and lost 2-3 every year he shouldn't. Made a hell of a career of it.

Thank god that PAC-12 Championship game never happened, right?

MU, Boise and Arizona are all pretty equivalent - none belong in the same sentence with Oregon.

Arizona vs Oregon Week 16Fri, Dec 5@

th
Oregon (3)13-51Loss

What it shows that a team that has enough talent can bite another team on the right day if the better team doesn't play well and makes a lot of mistakes.

Oregon is clearly a better football team than Arizona. They had a bad day vs Arizona in the first game and pummeled them in the rematch.

Oregon is better than Florida State but not typically 39 points better. Florida State played badly but they are not typically 39 points worse than Oregon in most cases. 5 turnovers will do that to you. FSU has too many good players and is too well coached to lose very often by 39 points. They had won 29 games in a row. They met a better team this season and made a lot of mistakes.

Boise State probably beats Oregon 3% of the time if they are lucky.

Elite teams typically have too many weapons to overcome. A one shot scenario is also different than playing big teams week in and week out. That wears on you and depth becomes an issue. Their 85 players are better than your 85 players. Your margin of error gets slimmer when you play a better team. See Florida State vs Oregon.

This post was edited on 1/2 4:30 PM by i am herdman

Hats off to Boise on their win.

However, you won't convince me that we wouldn't have beat Ole Miss in the Peach bowl with the way they played.

Where do I even begin...

@Banker: What a foolish thing to say.. I could turn around and say.. Marshall almost lost to UAB, and they don't even have a football team anymore. See how dumb that sounds? Marshall is a much better team than UAB just as Arizona is a much better team than UTSA.

@Herdalicious: The Pac12 championship did happen, and Zona got the snot kicked out of them. But honestly, that would have happened to any team that would have played them (Happened to FSU as well). Oregon is w/o a doubt the best team in the country IMO.
I really enjoyed your quote "MU, Boise and Arizona are all pretty equivalent ".. How? Boise State beat Arizona H2H, fact. Marshall's best win is who? NIU? The same constantly overrated NIU that lost to Central Michigan? Oregon > Boise (Clearly, & not even close) Boise > Arizona (H2H proves this) Arizona > Marshall (Arizona's best W's - @#2 Oregon, @#22 UCLA, @#17 Utah, Vs.#13 ASU. Marshall's best W's - NIU? Maybe?)
In your response, don't give me speculation & what ifs. I've seen enough of those on this board.

@Herdman: I never said Arizona was better than Oregon. Like I said before, Oregon is w/o a doubt the best team in the country. Boise may only beat Oregon 3% of the time, but who cares? We own the H2H with them (2-0), and that's all I care about.

@Penn: I sure as hell think you guys would have atleast made it a game with Ole Miss. You guys deserved your shot at a big P5 team, and based on the biased system you didn't, its very unfortunate. I also need to say this, Ole Miss has changed a lot since we played them week 1. They have been hit hard by injuries, and as of late bad Bo has come out. They were a much different team when they had Treadwell, and I really wish we played them week 9 instead of week 1.

Div I - FBS Marshall beat Rice 41 - 14
Div I - FBS Rice beat Hawaii 28 - 14
Div I - FBS Hawaii beat Wyoming 38 - 28
Div I - FBS Wyoming beat Air Force 17 - 13
Div I - FBS Air Force beat Boise St 28 - 14

Therefore, Marshall is better than Boise St in 2014
as shown in 5 rounds by a combined score of 152 - 83.

End of argument.

Originally posted by toohandsome:

@Herdalicious: The Pac12 championship did happen, and Zona got the snot kicked out of them. But honestly, that would have happened to any team that would have played them (Happened to FSU as well). Oregon is w/o a doubt the best team in the country IMO.
I really enjoyed your quote "MU, Boise and Arizona are all pretty equivalent ".. How? Boise State beat Arizona H2H, fact. Marshall's best win is who? NIU? The same constantly overrated NIU that lost to Central Michigan? Oregon > Boise (Clearly, & not even close) Boise > Arizona (H2H proves this) Arizona > Marshall (Arizona's best W's - @#2 Oregon, @#22 UCLA, @#17 Utah, Vs.#13 ASU. Marshall's best W's - NIU? Maybe?)
In your response, don't give me speculation & what ifs. I've seen enough of those on this board.
Back in the 80's, WVU fans had this country song on the local radio called "We Beat the Team that Beat the Team." The song was of extremely poor quality, so its no surprise that your post above kind of reminds me of that - lots of >'s and

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT