ADVERTISEMENT

Athlon: College Football's Top 20 Teams on the Rise for 2019

Nice find!

marshall-logo.png
Marshall has claimed at least eight victories in five out of the last six seasons, and coach Doc Holliday’s team will be near the top of the C-USA East Division when preseason predictions roll out this summer. The Thundering Herd’s offense averaged 28.2 points a game in 2018, but that total should tick higher with the return of quarterback Isaiah Green after a promising freshman season. Green accounted for 2,459 yards and 15 touchdowns through the air and added 116 yards on the ground. Tyler King and Brenden Knox should form a potent one-two punch at running back, while Green will have to lean on Obi Obialo (42 catches) as the go-to target after Tyre Brady (71 catches for 1,002 yards) finished his eligibility. The offensive line returns largely intact, but there’s some retooling to do on defense following the departure of safety Malik Gant to the NFL, along with lineman Ryan Bee and linebacker Chase Hancock expiring their eligibility. Marshall has an intriguing non-conference slate with matchups against Boise State, Ohio and Cincinnati. However, Holliday’s team misses UAB and North Texas in crossover play with the West Division, and FIU comes to Huntington.

nice, Athlon has not always been good to us so I find it encouraging they see us as an up and comer not a down and outer.

BS on your part. You're already pessimistically writing MU to be 1-3 before conference play.
Even if we manage 10 wins, people will blame the schedule for "being too easy."
Jesus you are a drama queen. Are you incapable of accepting the opinions of others on this site? I gave you the chance to share your thoughts and you dismissed saying you haven't had enough time to look all things over. Please, what a cop out.

We know this defense will take time to gel, we know Boise and Cincy will be very tough and that OU always plays us tough. Whats so damn hard to understand about that? It's an opinion. Again, whats your take on the season?

By the way, my early prediction was for 8-4 and bowl win. In you post from another thread, you mentioned anywhere from 8-10 wins. Not too damn different, other than I will stand by that prediction for the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Jesus you are a drama queen. Are you incapable of accepting the opinions of others on this site? I gave you the chance to share your thoughts and you dismissed saying you haven't had enough time to look all things over. Please, what a cop out.

We know this defense will take time to gel, we know Boise and Cincy will be very tough and that OU always plays us tough. Whats so damn hard to understand about that? It's an opinion. Again, whats your take on the season?

By the way, my early prediction was for 8-4 and bowl win. In you post from another thread, you mentioned anywhere from 8-10 wins. Not too damn different, other than I will stand by that prediction for the season.
I agree . We should do no worse than 2-2 OOC this year IMO. How quick the defense gels will determine how well we play in conference. Worst case 8-4, best case 10-2. Prediction is 9-3.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

Drama queen? 1 player transfers and you go on with your useless drivel about how we'll be 1-3?
Accepting? You've hit the panic button before any panic has happened...somehow I am the drama queen?

Cop out? IN MAY, ABOUT SOMETHING HAPPENING IN AUGUST?!?!?!
Yeah, sorry, unlike you I don't read a simple headline and immediately begin to cry the sky is falling.
Sounds more as though you're unsure of yourself about anything which is fine, just own up to it.

Also if you had done this rare thing called READING, you would have seen that I actually gave a response, admitted and owned up to the notion that I had not done much in terms of thinking about the season, however since I was asked, I gave an answer...with the note of how vague it may appear.

You can stand by your prediction all you want, but don't deny the fact it was presented in a pessimistic and "oh god no!" demeanor.

Reactions: herd66
Drama queen? 1 player transfers and you go on with your useless drivel about how we'll be 1-3?
Accepting? You've hit the panic button before any panic has happened...somehow I am the drama queen?

Cop out? IN MAY, ABOUT SOMETHING HAPPENING IN AUGUST?!?!?!
Yeah, sorry, unlike you I don't read a simple headline and immediately begin to cry the sky is falling.
Sounds more as though you're unsure of yourself about anything which is fine, just own up to it.

Also if you had done this rare thing called READING, you would have seen that I actually gave a response, admitted and owned up to the notion that I had not done much in terms of thinking about the season, however since I was asked, I gave an answer...with the note of how vague it may appear.

You can stand by your prediction all you want, but don't deny the fact it was presented in a pessimistic and "oh god no!" demeanor.

No, I made my prediction on the teams we play, what they have coming back and how OU has owned us lately. Those are just facts. Sorry, when you do your expert analysis, you will likely come to the same conclusion.

Yeah, we have a shot at Cincy and certainly OU, but again, they will be solid and we have growing pains, especially early on.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT