ADVERTISEMENT

Awful news to pass along about a long-time HN poster

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
Was informed yesterday that long-time HN poster Herdalicious passed away very unexpectedly on Saturday night.

I don't know much about what happened and no arrangement information has been released yet.

I do know he had twin seven-year-olds; which is absolutely gut-wrenching to think about.

'Licious was an HN all-time great. The guy was funny and incredibly witty.

That's awful Chris. He wasn't very old, and I hate that his kids will no longer have him in their lives.

Let us know if someone has a GoFundMe or similar.
Believe he was 43. Just way, way too young.

I will let everyone know about donations. I assume something will be set up for his kids and wife. If not we will definitely do something here at HN.

That is incredibly sad news... He was a thoughtful poster who always had MU's best interest in mind.

Certainly our thoughts are with his family. And please do let us know where we can make a donation.

Popping over from my site to chime in on this. Herdalicious was one of my best friends in real life, and we're all hurting right now. If HerdNation is up for it, let's partner up to raise some money for his family. I ran the idea by his wife a little while ago and she gave it her blessing. "He loved that sh*t" was her exact quote. I'll get something set up and share the link here when it's ready to go. If you're the praying type, keep his wife and those kids in yours.

EDIT -- here is the link to a GoFundMe. Every little bit helps. Thank y'all so much.

ANOTHER EDIT -- Y'all are great. We hit our $1000 goal in less than an hour. I'm going to leave it up for a little while. THANK YOU MARSHALL FANS.

EDIT No. 3 -- (I can't post in this thread for some reason so sorry for the edits on this post) Guys, this is incredible. I know all of the money coming in isn't from Marshall fans and users from our sites, but you guys all go the ball rolling on this and I am forever grateful. We're up over 23K now. Just incredible.

Last edited:
Popping over from my site to chime in on this. Herdalicious was one of my best friends in real life, and we're all hurting right now. If HerdNation is up for it, let's partner up to raise some money for his family. I ran the idea by his wife a little while ago and she gave it her blessing. "He loved that sh*t" was her exact quote. I'll get something set up and share the link here when it's ready to go. If you're the praying type, keep his wife and those kids in yours.
Love this idea, Tom. Please share whatever you set up.

Sorry for your loss. Just heart-breaking.

Was informed yesterday that long-time HN poster Herdalicious passed away very unexpectedly on Saturday night.

I don't know much about what happened and no arrangement information has been released yet.

I do know he had twin seven-year-olds; which is absolutely gut-wrenching to think about.

That's awful. So sorry to hear this.

sorry to hear this news

O....M......G! Goal: $1000......current amount raised: $4250.00 !!!! That's incredible. Keep it going.....let everyone you know who loves the Herd about 'licious. This is such a worthy cause.....

Reactions: tom_bragg
Prayers for the entire family, especially for understanding of the kids. Having lost my father at 12, there are just so many questions for so long. Hope the funding flows freely for these kids.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Can we pin this thread so that any passers by will see?

I hope Mrs. Herdalicious stops by at some point to see just how well liked and respected her husband was over here.

Every time I saw his name in a thread, I knew he would deliver. I will absolutely miss his presence on here, and I never even met the guy in person. This is a moment which I truly wish I was as good with verbalizing thoughts as he always was over the years. Thank you Herdalicious, it's been a blast my friend 🍻

Horrible news. An all time great on here

thank you all. 'licious was my tailgating and gameday pal on countless occasions throughout the years. know this...as great of a poster and a fan of marshall mark was, he was an even better person.

the experience at the joan and cam will never be the same for me, and i'm legit heartbroken over the loss, but i can't tell you what this GoFundMe effort has done for the spirits of myself, as well as others that knew him well. it speaks to the kind of individual he was and the character of people he touched along the way with his infectious personality - a personality that only he could showcase in writing and/or speech in a way i doubt i ever see again.

he posted 19,342 times on this board. he loved this board and he loved Marshall. thank you all.

thank you all. 'licious was my tailgating and gameday pal on countless occasions throughout the years. know this...as great of a poster and a fan of marshall mark was, he was an even better person.

the experience at the joan and cam will never be the same for me, and i'm legit heartbroken over the loss, but i can't tell you what this GoFundMe effort has done for the spirits of myself, as well as others that knew him well. it speaks to the kind of individual he was and the character of people he touched along the way with his infectious personality - a personality that only he could showcase in writing and/or speech in a way i doubt i ever see again.

he posted 19,342 times on this board. he loved this board and he loved Marshall. thank you all.
Beautiful. Thank you for posting this!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Thank you for sharing. Every time I read about him leaving behind his 2 kids, I gotta admit, it chokes me up. I can't stand that thought. My primary hope in life is that I'm allowed to at least see my kid become old enough to be independent and not need help from mom or dad before I leave.

Damn. I am so sorry to hear this. I knew he had twins and he had posted about this often. I also believe he lived in Belle, where my mom grew up. Prayers to all.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I just want to thank the HerdNation community for the outpouring of kind words and donations to our fundraiser for Mark's family. I know it wasn't all Marshall fans, but so far we have raised more than $27,000 for Mark's family and the MU community played a really big part in that.

Ol' Herdalicious was one of kind. I miss him so much, but it really touched my heart this week to see how loved he really was. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

10617554.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT