ADVERTISEMENT

Banker

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
I borrowed part of your post from the Pitt board and brought it here. In light of all of the prop criticism thrown our way this info needs to be known and repeated. Here is what you said...

"I don't want to lose Doc, but would understand why he would go to Pitt if offered. With that said, and to refute the wvu fan posting (who I'm sure is not biased in any way):

Marshall had 10 players named to this year CUSA 1st team all conference team. Of those 10 exactly zero came to Marshall as props. We had 20 named to the combined 1st, 2nd and HM teams. Of those 20, 3 were props.

Does Marshall take props, we sure do, and Doc takes advantage of it. But to characterize it as taking bad kids is not right. Doc is a no nonsense coach who has high expectations for his players. Our APR is strong and if you mess up off the field, you're gone. Doc recruited a lot of the players that won 2 national championships for Urban Meyer and Florida. Meyer calls him the best recruiter in the nation and strongly endorsed him for,the Marshall job. Recruiting to Pitt and the ACC is a lot easier sell than recruiting to Marshall he will do fine."

Not a single prop from the ten 1st teamers and only 3 out of the 20 who made 1st, 2nd, or HM is something that needs repeated as often as possible. It totally breaks the mold of perception.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News