ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Stadium Rendering

At least keeping score gives you something to do. Is there a more unathletic sport out there? At least pro golfers walk the course baseball players can stand around all game and not have one ball hit to them.

I know intelligence isn't one of your assets, but try harder not to be so damn stupid.

"At least golfers walk the course . . . "

Even in the very unlikely scenario that a baseball player doesn't have a single ball him to him all game, he also has to bat, thus run. Further, if he is in the field, he has to have some sort of athletic ability regardless if a ball is hit to him or not. What is more athletic - walking at a leisurely pace while carrying nothing or having to run, many times after a moving object, while doing other skills?

Agreed that it is an opinion. But there is a reason why seats at MLB games 15 rows up in between 1st and 3rd are priced higher than seats 3 rows up in the outfield. It's because those are the far more desired seats due to being much closer to the action, being able to see where a pitch actually is, getting to see the players up close as they run to/from the dugout, having a better vantage point, being closer to concessions, etc.

And again, this is just one aspect of why those seats are bad in college baseball instead of building higher closer to the plate. Students and families with young children love the grass seating areas as it allows them to spread out, sun bathe, have room for their children to have fun, etc.

Television broadcasts look much better in a higher built stadium than having just 8-10 rows around the field. A higher stadium allows for a better/more aesthetically pleasing entrance into the plaza area of a stadium. It's far easier to expand by building out along the foul lines than it is to have to destroy the luxury boxes/media boxes and then build up.
[/QUOTE]
well. the land was just not available but lets not forget just how big a deal this is for MU

I know intelligence isn't one of your assets, but try harder not to be so damn stupid.

Even in the very unlikely scenario that a baseball player doesn't have a single ball him to him all game, he also has to bat, thus run. Further, if he is in the field, he has to have some sort of athletic ability regardless if a ball is hit to him or not. What is more athletic - walking at a leisurely pace while carrying nothing or having to run, many times after a moving object, while doing other skills?
Baseball is the only sport where you can fail 70% of the time and be considered one of the greats. Maybe running 90 feet once a game doesnt make someone an athlete

Y.A.G...you are wasting your time with folks that don't like baseball. I'm a baseball guy and I am "tickled pink" that Marshall will FINALLY be breaking ground for a baseball stadium near campus. I know you HERD many times from HERD baseball coaches when you played catcher for MU...."hey, guys, we are going to get a new baseball field." I just pray that Cook Cook (luv that guy) lives to throw out the first pitch in 2022. Did Coach Cook ever talk to you about his tomato garden? A few years ago Wags invited me to play in the Varsity-Alumni baseball game......Coach Cook talked to me about his tomatos for over 1 hour......he is a world famous gardener of tomatoes (he claims). He he he he he.

HerdZilla22

Y.A.G...you are wasting your time with folks that don't like baseball. I'm a baseball guy and I am "tickled pink" that Marshall will FINALLY be breaking ground for a baseball stadium near campus. I know you HERD many times from HERD baseball coaches when you played catcher for MU...."hey, guys, we are going to get a new baseball field." I just pray that Cook Cook (luv that guy) lives to throw out the first pitch in 2022. Did Coach Cook ever talk to you about his tomato garden? A few years ago Wags invited me to play in the Varsity-Alumni baseball game......Coach Cook talked to me about his tomatos for over 1 hour......he is a world famous gardener of tomatoes (he claims). He he he he he.

HerdZilla22

this Zilla YAGS make up really brings a tear to my eye. perhaps a cyber embrace is in order.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
Baseball is the only sport where you can fail 70% of the time and be considered one of the greats. Maybe running 90 feet once a game doesnt make someone an athlete

Uhh, yeah, you're proving how hard of a sport it is which would mean it takes more athleticism/skill than other sports. You're arguing against your own point.

How many shots does a soccer or hockey player score on compared to their overall shots? I'm guessing they are successful around 30% of the time. How many returns does a tennis player make compared to a scoring hit?

For a simple minded person like you, many hitters can be successful in their job as a batter while still getting out.

A few years ago Wags invited me to play in the Varsity-Alumni baseball game......

Wags told me a story last year about some Marshall fan who kept bugging him. The guy would randomly show up at away games and attempt to walk into the dugout before and after games to talk to him. For months, the guy kept asking Wags when his invite to play in the alumni game would come even though he wasn't a baseball alum. I wonder who he was referencing.

Reactions: 19MU88
The renderings look great. It will be amazing if they can fit all of that in the area the have to work with. Maybe the old eyes are not as clear, just doesn't seem like enough land.

Go to Herdzone.com to donate to the fundraising campaign.

Uhh, yeah, you're proving how hard of a sport it is which would mean it takes more athleticism/skill than other sports. You're arguing against your own point.

How many shots does a soccer or hockey player score on compared to their overall shots? I'm guessing they are successful around 30% of the time. How many returns does a tennis player make compared to a scoring hit?

For a simple minded person like you, many hitters can be successful in their job as a batter while still getting out.

Wags told me a story last year about some Marshall fan who kept bugging him. The guy would randomly show up at away games and attempt to walk into the dugout before and after games to talk to him. For months, the guy kept asking Wags when his invite to play in the alumni game would come even though he wasn't a baseball alum. I wonder who he was referencing.
. Don’t get defensive. I mean not everyone can sit on their knees all day and catch a ball. Only really athletes can do that.

Uhh, yeah, you're proving how hard of a sport it is which would mean it takes more athleticism/skill than other sports.

I remember when I was about five years old and my dad bought me one those baseball bats that was about two feet long. I would take it out in the yard and try to hit small apples I pitched up into the air. Missed time after time. I remember thinking, "This game is hard!"

Unfortunately, my skills didn't improve much over the years. I did make one of the Little League minor league teams one year. We were horrible, the only team to never win a game.

I played first base and had more hit balls bounce off my nose than be fielded by my glove. A triple was my best hit. At the end of the season, the coach treated us all to a hotdog and a Coke at the concession stand. This was a treat usually reserved for winners, but it was the last game of the season (which we lost) and I'm sure he felt sorry for us.

Our ball boy went on to be the mayor of the town; his brother became a banker. Other team mates became successful in education, law, medicine, and other professions. One even moved west and became a Hollywood lighting director.

As terrible as we all were at the game, I know none of us would have ever given up the opportunity to play. Fond memories.

this Zilla YAGS make up really brings a tear to my eye. perhaps a cyber embrace is in order.

Umm . . . I don't see any signs of friendship here. More like the old Looney Tunes cartoons where Foghorn Leghorn (Rifle) would let the little annoying chicken hawk (Zilla) bluster, dance around, and play the fool. Once Foghorn had had enough of the nonsense, he would swat the little hawk with a big stick.

. Don’t get defensive. I mean not everyone can sit on their knees all day and catch a ball. Only really athletes can do that.

Catchers don't sit on their knees, juvenile backrubber. And having to catch 90+ MPH balls that have significant movement on them takes a lot of hand-eye coordination which is part of athleticism.

Unfortunately, my skills didn't improve much over the years. I did make one of the Little League minor league teams one year. We were horrible, the only team to never win a game.

Our ball boy went on to be the mayor of the town; his brother became a banker. Other team mates became successful in education, law, medicine, and other professions. One even moved west and became a Hollywood lighting director.

Your post sounds like a mix between the Bad News Bears and The Sandlot, both of which are great movies.

Catchers don't sit on their knees, juvenile backrubber. And having to catch 90+ MPH balls that have significant movement on them takes a lot of hand-eye coordination which is part of athleticism.
The funny part is you’re gettin all worked up and defensive over an obvious troll job. At least you admit hand eye coordination is apart of athleticism hmm is there another sport that requires hand eye coordination to swing a club and hit a ball?

The funny part is you’re gettin all worked up and defensive over an obvious troll job. At least you admit hand eye coordination is apart of athleticism hmm is there another sport that requires hand eye coordination to swing a club and hit a ball?

I said hand-eye coordination is a part of athleticism but isn't a major part. Further, hand-eye coordination isn't much of a factor hitting a stationary object. Is hammering a nail an example of athleticism? Of course not. Why? Because you're hitting a stationary object. What else is like that? Golf.

Baseball, on the other hand, is hitting a small moving object at very small fast speeds that has sporadic movement. It's an entirely different and far more advanced type of hand-eye coordination.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
I said hand-eye coordination is a part of athleticism but isn't a major part. Further, hand-eye coordination isn't much of a factor hitting a stationary object. Is hammering a nail an example of athleticism? Of course not. Why? Because you're hitting a stationary object. What else is like that? Golf.

Baseball, on the other hand, is hitting a small moving object at very small fast speeds that has sporadic movement. It's an entirely different and far more advanced type of hand-eye coordination.
Yep still mad

NOT even close to the TRUTH Ryan [if you are wondering is said person is Gary Sweeney].....Wags
and I became friends when he & The HERD would stop over in Charlotte at local parent's homes (to eat) on the way to Southern trips. I have NEVER stepped foot in a HERD dugout since Wags became Head Coach 12 years ago....I respectfully wait outside the Stadium after games to chat a few seconds. In fact, I spoke with Wags in Wilmington this weekend after HERD games. When I see him in Charlotte in a few weeks (49ers game)...I will ask him if you are bullshiiting this Baord about me "bugging him." Wags was told I played 1 year for Coach Cook in 1967....NO I did not. Therefore, he asked me to come play in an Alumni-Varsity scrimmage down by the River (YMCA Field). I worked in fund raising for a couple years contacting people to help donate funds to build a Stadium.....in fact, I got a speeding ticket one evening on the WV Turnpike telling Wags..."I just spoke to a donor that will give you $1 million dollars if you will invite his Florida son to play at Marshall." I was pulled by one of WV's finest....told him why I was not paying attention....he was a HERD baseball fan...he let me go without a citation! Wags & I were told by Mike Hamrick...."Wags, you coach---Sweeney, thanks, but we have Big Green employees---that are paid to raise funds!" BTW, Wags will be bringing me a HERD green baseball cap to Charlotte....because I asked if I could PURCHASE one [7 3/8]. His reply..."dang, if had known---I would have given you one!"

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
Umm . . . I don't see any signs of friendship here. More like the old Looney Tunes cartoons where Foghorn Leghorn (Rifle) would let the little annoying chicken hawk (Zilla) bluster, dance around, and play the fool. Once Foghorn had had enough of the nonsense, he would swat the little hawk with a big stick.

geezer.
..you are about as funny as a screen door on a submarine! Go talk shit to someone else...like your wife!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Gary weeny since mikes in town how come he didn’t invite you to sit on the bench during the game tonight or to shoot around?

Gary weeny since mikes in town how come he didn’t invite you to sit on the bench during the game tonight or to shoot around?

BECAUSE I have a meeting at my Church.....I will catch it on the TV......my son, his wife & two sons are at the game! Closing, KISS my ASS----shit head!

JEALOUSY is recorded beside your HN Picture!

Gary Sweeney in Charlotte

BECAUSE I have a meeting at my Church.....I will catch it on the TV......my son, his wife & two sons are at the game! Closing, KISS my ASS----shit head!

Amen brother! your Church is well represented by you! can I have another Amen? shit heads? amen and kiss my ass!

Hahahahaha wasn’t that your excuse last time you missed the Houston game? Trust me. Jesus would understand if you missed a Wednesday night bible study to visit “family”.

I'm just waiting for the real Gary Sweeney to return like Odysseus and slaughter us all.
I'm actually bewildered that even the Great Yags has been fooled by this obvious troll account. I even called it out several weeks back, and Yags began arguing with me that it was indeed the famous Gary Sweeney (live in Charlotte). Of course, I'm almost 58 years old, and have a six year Bachelors Degree from WVIT, so I know better than to strike up an argument with the Great Yags.

Reactions: 19MU88
I'm actually bewildered that even the Great Yags has been fooled by this obvious troll account. I even called it out several weeks back, and Yags began arguing with me that it was indeed the famous Gary Sweeney (live in Charlotte). Of course, I'm almost 58 years old, and have a six year Bachelors Degree from WVIT, so I know better than to strike up an argument with the Great Yags.
Its Yags posing as Gary Sweeney.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Amen brother! your Church is well represented by you! can I have another Amen? shit heads? amen and kiss my ass!

I suppose you have never HERD
a minister or Sunday School teacher or me CUSS? I serve as Captain of Room in The Inn......we host 13 homeless people every Sunday & Wed nights. It's something that I have been doing for about 12 years.....and far more important than being in person at a Hornets-Rockets game. BTW, I watched it at our Sardis House with some homeless guys. The Rockets won 118--113.

Therefore, good day shithead and kiss my HERD ass!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I think the stadium looks good. Not crazy about the seat design, but I would assume that stacked seats would drive up construction cost. Looks similar to Charleston’s Power Park. That design was used to create a patio space. Most attending a South Atlantic League game would rather socialize than watch the game. Drinking is mandatory.....it’s the only way to get through a game of Class A ball.

I think the stadium looks good. Not crazy about the seat design, but I would assume that stacked seats would drive up construction cost. Looks similar to Charleston’s Power Park. That design was used to create a patio space. Most attending a South Atlantic League game would rather socialize than watch the game. Drinking is mandatory.....it’s the only way to get through a game of BASEBALL.
Fixed it for you

When I was 12, the coach put his son on the All Star team over me. Guy ruined my life. Probably would have went on to play some college ball or Rookie League.

Therefore, good day shithead and kiss my HERD ass!

6sMKyov.gif

Reactions: mufan08
Glad we are getting one and glad it's close to campus. Ideally I would like to have seen it built next to the river over the opposite side where the old scrap metal place was. I just think it would have been a perfect opportunity to start developing the waterfront area of Huntington with a field and hotel, etc.

I also worry about homeruns hitting cars in 5th Ave. Unless they put up a big net.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT