ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Stadium

The stadium is scheduled to be complete in October. Seems to be realistic.
Wow, finished and ready to be used that early? I assume the March 2024 date is the date of when the first home opener. Maybe they can even begin playing some fall games in the new stadium? Are the locker room facilities (with the offices, meeting rooms and indoor cages) scheduled to be completed by Oct also?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Wow, finished and ready to be used that early? I assume the March 2024 date is the date of when the first home opener. Maybe they can even begin playing some fall games in the new stadium? Are the locker room facilities (with the offices, meeting rooms and indoor cages) scheduled to be completed by Oct also?
giphy.gif

Really? I don't do that. We have a couple of posters here who regularly do that, but not me.

Anyway, MU has announced dozens of baseball stadiums over a period of about 70 years. Predictions that these would not come to pass have been, 100% correct. This includes getting as far as a ground breaking, site prep, and a full set of plans, with a bid (which cost the university five figures to prepare and then resend) not 18 months ago. So now we are on baseball promise #, oh I don't know, 76,562? Maybe this time it actually happens. As I have always said, I would love to be wrong about this issue. I have not yet been.

Doubting those in authority about MU baseball has been the right thing to do since 1837.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Really? I don't do that. We have a couple of posters here who regularly do that, but not me.

Anyway, MU has announced dozens of baseball stadiums over a period of about 70 years. Predictions that these would not come to pass have been, 100% correct. This includes getting as far as a ground breaking, site prep, and a full set of plans, with a bid (which cost the university five figures to prepare and then resend) not 18 months ago. So now we are on baseball promise #, oh I don't know, 76,562? Maybe this time it actually happens. As I have always said, I would love to be wrong about this issue. I have not yet been.

Doubting those in authority about MU baseball has been the right thing to do since 1837.

I highly doubt you'll ever admit you were wrong.
You're going to pretend you have always supported the stadium nor acted like the money for it could be better spent elsewhere.

The stadium is coming along on schedule, it would be beneficial for you to just admit, MU is actually doing something you believed never would happen...which isn't an excuse for you to doubt, considering these plans and construction has actually been put into motion.

I highly doubt you'll ever admit you were wrong.
You're going to pretend you have always supported the stadium nor acted like the money for it could be better spent elsewhere.

The stadium is coming along on schedule, it would be beneficial for you to just admit, MU is actually doing something you believed never would happen...which isn't an excuse for you to doubt, considering these plans and construction has actually been put into motion.
That's fine. Whatever. In the history of the internet, you can fine cocksure posts on this subject back to day one, and then far beyond that in the archives of the newspapers, and the memories of fans.

As I said, I would love to be wrong. Lucy has pulled away the football, every time.

^^^^ Sam, you didn’t factor in Governor Jimmy tossing in millions of federal funny money Covid dollars, a huge miscalculation on your part. Sam is spot on with many subjects concerning WV and WV media. I have listened , and read, Sam’s stuff going back to the Jerry Waters and Pete Thaw days and I know how to parse his opinions,fact and bs,to get the entertainment value out of it all.

I hear when you slide your speed carries you further then on dirt.
Sooooo, make adjustments and start your slide about 30 feet from the bag, . . . . . . to avoid over-sliding the bag!!! No big problem other than, perhaps, the need to have extra uniform pants on hand during games!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT