ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball-Seniors Returning?

bigoherd2

Silver Buffalo
Dec 31, 2006
There is a lot of talk about whether our seniors will be back for an NCAA gift year. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but I think it would be best if we started sooner rather than later to reshape our team. Our most glaring weakness is interior defense and I just don’t see that magically being developed with current front court seniors Beyers and Williams.

As much as I appreciate West’s leadership and defensive efforts, his departure would allow Taylor a chance to blossom at the point and maybe the most talented player on the roster, Early (minus 20 lbs) to slide into the 2 spot.

The remaining senior, George, is the one player who I think would continue to serve a net positive role with his energy and rebounding coming off the bench.

So that would leave a starting lineup of Kinsey, Taylor, Early, OAK, and either Miladinovic or possibly a transfer in the middle. I know it is a long shot, but a lighter Bennett could really help as well. (Again, him leaving seems like a foregone conclusion). We have been hearing about Collins for what seems like forever so perhaps next year we finally see him. The freshman guard could get reserve minutes as well.

I am not saying this would be a tournament team and frankly, we would probably be looking at a .500 year. Kinsey would need to carry us with Early picking up much of the scoring void created by the departing seniors, but younger players would get a chance to grow which would hopefully lead to better years and building/rebuilding our program.

The definition of insanity: to repeat the same behavior and expect a different result...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News