ADVERTISEMENT

Black pants!

The school's official colors aren't based on what UA or Nike could provide. You want to use lyrics from a song to base your claim instead of the official statement from the school? Good luck with that.

You can keep claiming white as one of the major official colors, but don't tell all of the female alums that; after all, the song you reference for your proof only refers to the "sons" of Marshall, and our female alums can't be sons. I guess they are then allowed to claim green and black.

Or maybe they could just be a know-it-all POS like you, YAK NUTS, and claim the official colors are orange and chartreuse.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Al Sharpton will raise hell if you drop the black.Will call marshall racist. That is stupid as me being called racist on here.

Or maybe they could just be a know-it-all POS like you, YAK NUTS, and claim the official colors are orange and chartreuse.

That doesn't change the fact that kelly green is the official school color and that black is just as much of an official accent color as white.

You're the one who inferred that the availability of color choices from UA or Nike somehow changed our official school colors. You're also the one who claimed that the school's official colors were governed by the lyrics in a song. Yet, you claim others are posting "drivel and useless verbiage." Your posts must be an example of your accusations.

That doesn't change the fact that kelly green is the official school color and that black is just as much of an official accent color as white.

You're the one who inferred that the availability of color choices from UA or Nike somehow changed our official school colors. You're also the one who claimed that the school's official colors were governed by the lyrics in a song. Yet, you claim others are posting "drivel and useless verbiage." Your posts must be an example of your accusations.

Traditionally, green and white have been the colors associated with MU, including in the decades old school fight song. The colors have been displayed through the decades on signage, on school documents, school emblems, logos, etc.

Yes, you can argue that other colors can or should be included in variations of athletic uniforms. Does that in and of itself make them the "official" school colors? WVU claimed for years, maybe until this day, that its school colors were "old gold and blue", even though "yellow" has long since replaced old gold. If WVU uses gray on occasion in its uniforms does that make it an official school color? Same thing at Tennessee; would use of gray or black change fact that school's are orange and white? Use of black at UK doesn't change fact that blue and white are its traditional colors.

Must be a very slow sports time of the year when debate over school colors is the hot topic of discussion.

WVU claimed for years, maybe until this day, that its school colors were "old gold and blue", even though "yellow" has long since replaced old gold. If WVU uses gray on occasion in its uniforms does that make it an official school color? Same thing at Tennessee; would use of gray or black change fact that school's are orange and white? Use of black at UK doesn't change fact that blue and white are its traditional colors.

You're arguing my point for me. The official school colors aren't based on what color jersey a team wears. The official team colors are based on what the school has stated are their official colors.

So, wvu wearing yellow instead of gold, Tennessee wearing gray, Kentucky wearing black, Marshall wearing white . . . those don't make them the official school colors.

In Marshall's case, their official color is kelly green. Official accent colors include both black and white, neither of which takes precedence over the other, except for in the official logo in which black is more important.

Good gods this is ridiculous.

Piss and moan about "official" this and that, but the bottom line is black pants have been added.

It's 2017, not 1977. We should just be happy that the uniforms aren't some garish nightmare like Oregon. Oh, and that names are back.

The new Kelly green roman M was a significant improvement in our logo. I'd love to see us drop the black name stripes and go straight M like our helmet sticker as our logo on all wear, and auto stickers. Nike I see has added 1 tee shirt with the straight M logo and no stripe this year at Glenn's and I must say it's looks much cleaner and crisp than the M with the black stripe.

One of the cool things I enjoy asking and or showing people not familiar with the logo when they see the M is the little M inside the big M with the horns on it, since our mascot is a buffalo with horns and that that M style is trademarked our logo.

Many times they can't see it, look and look, then when I show it to them they get that, wow look, that's pretty cool.

As to the black pants, not a fan, but so wished they would have added a thick Kelley green stripe on the sides to accent them.

Personally I think black kind of went out of its cool bad hip stage. I wished we would have went gray unis instead of black.

The new Kelly green roman M was a significant improvement in our logo. I'd love to see us drop the black name stripes and go straight M like our helmet sticker as our logo on all wear, and auto stickers. Nike I see has added 1 tee shirt with the straight M logo and no stripe this year at Glenn's and I must say it's looks much cleaner and crisp than the M with the black stripe.

One of the cool things I enjoy asking and or showing people not familiar with the logo when they see the M is the little M inside the big M with the horns on it, since our mascot is a buffalo with horns and that that M style is trademarked our logo.

I believe the stylized "M" was a specific design created by a Marshall alum? I have a Columbia brand zip up fleece with just that M on the chest. It's my favorite jacket. Idiots up here in Columbus always think it's Michigan State though. The jacket is the darker shade of green just before we officially changed back to Kelly green.

Then again, I wouldn't put much stock in this, because the people in this area are mostly idiot buckeye fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT