ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Smith, Marshall's Astute President, Is Used to Dealing with Board's of Directors and Stockholders.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Brad knows that football drives the athletic train. That is why I think he will pull the trigger on Huff if Huff has lost the fans. I don't even think there is a win total associated with it. These big companies like Brad is using to running, not small fly by night operations, have to answer to stockholders and Wall Street. If Huff has lost the confidence of the stockholders, donors and fans, he will let him go.

Brad Smith might look like the kid next door and still have that Appalachian twang a little, but he is a silent ass kicker. The sleeper. He won't mess around with it. He is in charge and use to these kind of things. Guarantee he already has a plan in place.

Well see what happens with Huff. Look at what Smith did with hiring the basketball coach. Instead of doing a national search, he went cheap and hired CJ. Is that an indication of Smith's approach to athletics, time will tell?

Big changes are coming to college athletics and maybe Smith realizes that Marshal can't or will not compete with the new order.

With the future of college sports uncertain, one thing is clear: An official and permanent split of NCAA Division I is here​

NAPLES, Fla. — Inside the beachside Ritz-Carlton resort along Florida’s southwestern coast, leaders of college athletics met in a second-floor conference room to discuss particulars about the industry’s future.

Those in the room were limited to five men: NCAA president Charlie Baker and commissioners from the SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Big Ten.

Not in the room: the other 28 Division I commissioners who milled about on the first floor of the resort wondering the whereabouts of the other four.

Reactions: i am herdman
Brad knows that football drives the athletic train. That is why I think he will pull the trigger on Huff if Huff has lost the fans. I don't even think there is a win total associated with it. These big companies like Brad is using to running, not small fly by night operations, have to answer to stockholders and Wall Street. If Huff has lost the confidence of the stockholders, donors and fans, he will let him go.

Brad Smith might look like the kid next door and still have that Appalachian twang a little, but he is a silent ass kicker. The sleeper. He won't mess around with it. He is in charge and use to these kind of things. Guarantee he already has a plan in place.
You're a Godless lying trumpchum sucking oath breaker.

Marshall needs to compete with its peers. Appalachian State, GA Southern, Southern Miss, etc. It doesn't need to try to compete with Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, etc. That is not realistic.

There is a split coming or at gap. The gap has always been there but, there will be a split of the division. Marshall can't be in that arm's race. They need to be competitive wherever they are at.

In the long run, college is going to overhauled. It is a deck of cards that is going to crumble. The debt of students, the rising costs, and technology are going to change it. People are starting to see through it.

Back to athletics. You have to be competitive and now you have to really run it like a business. The athletes are going to become employees or contractors of the schools. That is coming. How does a school like Marshall take that on?

You're a Godless lying trumpchum sucking oath breaker.
Mark Margolis Rage GIF by Breaking Bad

Bradley's money and success came on the backs of manipulating the poorest and dumbest Americans, as well as, reneging on an agreement with the government over what his company was supposed to do and not do. So he has a lot of experience taking advantage of the average west virginian, which overwhelmingly, is part of the poorest and dumbest American segment.

Bradley's money and success came on the backs of manipulating the poorest and dumbest Americans, as well as, reneging on an agreement with the government over what his company was supposed to do and not do. So he has a lot of experience taking advantage of the average west virginian, which overwhelmingly, is part of the poorest and dumbest American segment.
Yet WV is where this moron chose for higher education

Wow you are Intuit.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT