ADVERTISEMENT

Briles

there has to be plenty of other quality OC out there who aren't loaded down with that much baggage

Who cares about the so-called baggage. Do you want to endure another year of no imagination and predictable offense? Everyone has baggage. If it means getting us back on tract. Hell yes I'm for this hire if it happens! Think outside the box.

Who cares about the so-called baggage. Do you want to endure another year of no imagination and predictable offense? Everyone has baggage. If it means getting us back on tract. Hell yes I'm for this hire if it happens! Think outside the box.

I can see him putting us on probation also

Too much baggage? Did anyone read what he was found guilty of doing? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, especially considering his compliance team told him it was permissible.

Briles would be a fantastic hire at MU. I hope we're able to snag him.

Yes I read it and he turned his back at a track meet to keep from recording an evaluation. You're right that is ridiculous, and petty. Add that to the sex scandal and you're basically inviting the NCAA infractions committee to the dinner table

Hey Chris speaking of "compliance" have you already forgot our own "compliance" issue past? Uh huh. No we don't need a "fantastic hire" if there is any hint of impropriety by the NCAA.

we are Marshall playing in the 9th ranked FBS league... and you're worried about possible infractions for something that might happen in the future...

have you guys looked at the rap sheets of some of the guys that have actually played football here? we are ok taking a chance on these kids, but not on an actual adult?

hire this guy yesterday...

if he screws up after knowing his past issues, it's completely on Doc, MH, and our compliance guy's heads. they should be the first to know if he steps out of line. and they should easily be able to correct that before it becomes an issue worthy of SMU ala 1987...

For those who are wondering if this is a real story, it isn't. I have it from a strong source that there has been absolutely no contact between Marshall and Briles. This is 100% internet speculation.

I don't have any information on Bill Legg's future (I didn't ask), but I would say that its pretty telling that no moves have taken place at this time, and it's prime hiring season, so a reasonable person would assume that we are moving forward with the staff intact, as is.

I got a bad feeling about two things regarding FAU.
1. They're going to build a solid program over the next 2-3 seasons and will most likely out coach us and kick our ass.
2. They'll vacate those ass kickings due to a laundry list of NCAA violations

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
I got a bad feeling about two things regarding FAU.
1. They're going to build a solid program over the next 2-3 seasons and will most likely out coach us and kick our ass.
2. They'll vacate those ass kickings due to a laundry list of NCAA violations

Just curious since it keeps coming up, what laundry list of violations have these guys accumulated in the past that makes you think they'll rack them up at FAU?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT