ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports ranks our bowl 3rd worst?

phs55

Green Buffalo
Feb 7, 2010
CBS Sports college football has their rankings out for the 2015 bowl season and pretty much dissed us. Has our bowl ranked 3rd from the worst out of 40 games. I guess playing good defense makes the game boring now....if we had won 26-20 would that have mattered?? This is what is read....

"38th. Petersburg Bowl: Marshall 16, UConn 10 -- Yes, it was close. That was somewhat rare this bowl season, but did you watch it? It wasn't entertaining. At all."

Reactions: ohio herd
CBS Sports college football has their rankings out for the 2015 bowl season and pretty much dissed us. Has our bowl ranked 3rd from the worst out of 40 games. I guess playing good defense makes the game boring now....if we had won 26-20 would that have mattered?? This is what is read....

"38th. Petersburg Bowl: Marshall 16, UConn 10 -- Yes, it was close. That was somewhat rare this bowl season, but did you watch it? It wasn't entertaining. At all."
I have to say I pretty much agree. They had no offense and we played a vanilla offense.

We won. Was it real exciting, no. Legg was trying eek out a bowl WIN with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB....think about that little sub plot before its stamped 3rd most boring. We won with a True Freshman.

Akron Lousiville Pitt in a row next year, with a Sophmore QB. Akron is huge.

It was not a pretty game, but the W helps us build momentum headed to next season.

It would have left a very bad taste in the fanbase's mouth to watch THAT game and then lose it.

I honestly never felt anxious at all. They weren't doing anything against us. Even though it was close, I was kind of bored.

We won. Was it real exciting, no. Legg was trying eek out a bowl WIN with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB....think about that little sub plot before its stamped 3rd most boring. We won with a True Freshman.

a true freshman with 11 games under his belt.

What does a true freshman have to do with this being a boring game?

I just hate to see us dinged for playing good defense. Whenever you can hold a bowl team to 10 points it should be a good thing. Even if we are playing a 6-6 AAC team.

When playing with less experienced players you must keep it vanilla. Next years offense won't resemble this years. In baseball the worst thing you can do to a young pitcher is over pitch him....Legg was doing the same thing w Litton, building confidence. I doubt Litton ever loses a bowl game from here on out.

Can you imagine our bowl win percentage when hes finished ?

I'm just thankful CBS was feeling generous as it takes to the entertainment value of the game. Otherwise, a 16-10 snoozefest between 2 G5 teams, neither of whom won their division, much less conference titles, should probably have ranked last

I agree with CBS Sports.....terrible date & TIME to play a football Bowl game. You have to LOVE The HERD to have attended (very few did) or watch on TV. To top it off... the bad weather delayed flights out of Florida to points north. It took a few Marshall folks over 16 hours to get home. OUCH!

A HERD Win....but a boring contest!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT