ADVERTISEMENT

CBSSN games

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
CBSSN announced its picks:

NC State @ Marshall Sept 22 - 7:00 (previous game is a 3:30 start Virginia Tech at ODU)

Middle Tennessee State @ Marshall - Oct 5 (a Friday) 7:30

Other CUSA games on CBSSN:

Houston @ Rice, S 1
Indiana @ FIU, S 1
VPI @ ODU, S 22
Louisiana Tech @ FAU, O 26 (Friday)
WKU @ MTSU, N 2 (Friday)
FAU @ North Texas, N 15 (Thursday)
WKU @ Louisiana Tech, N 24
CUSA Championship, D 1

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
CUSA has 10 games listed. The MAC has 12. Wait, what???

CBSSN contract with CUSA is for 10 games. CUSA also has contracts with BE IN for 10 more games; with Stadium for 7 more games and with Stadium's Facebook page for 8 more.

The lowly MAC's contract gives ESPN the rights to the MAC. The different ESPNs will carry 13 WEEKDAY NIGHT MAC games, and CBSSN is buying 12 more MAC games from ESPN.

No thanks to Tuesday night football before several people.

CBSSN contract with CUSA is for 10 games. CUSA also has contracts with BE IN for 10 more games; with Stadium for 7 more games and with Stadium's Facebook page for 8 more.

The lowly MAC's contract gives ESPN the rights to the MAC. The different ESPNs will carry 13 WEEKDAY NIGHT MAC games, and CBSSN is buying 12 more MAC games from ESPN.

No thanks to Tuesday night football before several people.

None of the MAC or CUSA CBSSN games involves a Tuesday or Wednesday night. They have a few on Thursday, as we do. The rest are on Fridays and Saturdays - like ours.

Reactions: Y.A.G Si Ye Nots
Keep in mind that the MAC has to pat all production costs on their ESPN games. In the end CUSA makes more from broadcasting rights than the MAC now that the new contract has kicked in. My last conversation with Dan Shoemaker was about that very subject

Bottom line is no one is getting rich off the contracts so the priority should be exposure, and quality exposure at that. We seem to get less and less each year.

None of the MAC or CUSA CBSSN games involves a Tuesday or Wednesday night. They have a few on Thursday, as we do.

It is one contract. ESPN owns the entire lowly MAC. It just sells 12 games to CBSSN. Because ESPN wants to insure a "good" game for its weekday night fooball, it has the lowly MAC obligated to play 31 non-Saturday games. Not all will even be on TV, ESPN will pick from the list as the season progresses.

Have you actually watch a mid to late season MAC-tion game? They have totally killed their live gate. Unless you live in the actual town, the price of going to the game is, at least, two half days off work. More for most people. With zero game day experience. Most people cannot afford that. Look at the stands. NOBODY is there. Almost literally nobody.

A thursday game, every third year or so is fun. Or at least it was before the NFL mucked it up. Fridays seem to p*** off HS coaches, but they are OK by me. But the other weeknights are program killers. It is killing the MAC.

No thanks.

It is one contract. ESPN owns the entire lowly MAC. It just sells 12 games to CBSSN. Because ESPN wants to insure a "good" game for its weekday night fooball, it has the lowly MAC obligated to play 31 non-Saturday games. Not all will even be on TV, ESPN will pick from the list as the season progresses.

Have you actually watch a mid to late season MAC-tion game? They have totally killed their live gate. Unless you live in the actual town, the price of going to the game is, at least, two half days off work. More for most people. With zero game day experience. Most people cannot afford that. Look at the stands. NOBODY is there. Almost literally nobody.

A thursday game, every third year or so is fun. Or at least it was before the NFL mucked it up. Fridays seem to p*** off HS coaches, but they are OK by me. But the other weeknights are program killers. It is killing the MAC.

No thanks.

No one is saying we should play Tuesday night or Wednesday night games. Friday games should be for HS football. jmo. The point being that with MAC games now being picked up by CBSSN and them being on ESPN, they seem to be getting much more exposure than CUSA. Now whether someone determines that to be good or bad, based on days the games are played, that's their own opinion. Let's admit, CUSA isn't burning up the road with our media package. Hell, how many average sports fans that don't have ties to a CUSA ever heard of BEin or Stadium? I doubt many. I know if I wasn't an MU fan, I wouldn't give to shiites about those channels or watching anything they broadcast.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
That is like saying "nobody is saying to have sex for money, but w****ing sure pays well". The MAC's "exposure" (being on a channel most everybody gets, but getting total viewers in the five figures in a nation of 300M) is based on selling its fans out by playing whenever it is told.

Of our 10 games CUSA has control over, everyone will end up on some kind of TV. Always do.

That is like saying "nobody is saying to have sex for money, but w****ing sure pays well". The MAC's "exposure" (being on a channel most everybody gets, but getting total viewers in the five figures in a nation of 300M) is based on selling its fans out by playing whenever it is told.

Of our 10 games CUSA has control over, everyone will end up on some kind of TV. Always do.

Playing on ESPN is far, far superior than Stadium or BEin or whatever it is called. This shouldn't even be up for discussion.

To the casual fan, to the die-hard fan, to recruits, to the media . . . it's not even close.

Playing on ESPN is far, far superior than Stadium or BEin or whatever it is called. This shouldn't even be up for discussion.
To the casual fan, to the die-hard fan, to recruits, to the media . . . it's not even close.

For once I agree with Yaggi Snots. I think it would be better to have weeknight games shown nationally on a real broadcast network as opposed to the sh***y coverage Marshall is now getting through Stadium and BEin, which is on par with having WVMetronews do a live feed of the game.................as in NOBODY watches.

If we can get the national spotlight, it shouldn't matter what day of the week the game is on. If exposure is what matters, it's hard to argue against playing a nationally televised game on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday when you consider that the AAC, ACC, Mountain West, Pac 12 and Big 12 all play mid-week games now, usually on ESPN, FS1 or CBSSN.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT