ADVERTISEMENT

Charles You Need

I think it only goes to next season and if it’s more of the same then it ends abruptly.
As it should. If we don't win another game this season, he should be fired the day after our last game. We can find the money for the buyout if we want to bad enough. jmo

Reactions: Jartard
As it should. If we don't win another game this season, he should be fired the day after our last game. We can find the money for the buyout if we want to bad enough. jmo
I love your confidence in our financial situation. It would be a tall order to buyout his contract and then find the money to rehire a completely new staff.

I love your confidence in our financial situation. It would be a tall order to buyout his contract and then find the money to rehire a completely new staff.
If there’s ANY smoke around Colombi’s dads concussion claim, that’s our ticket out.

Last edited:
If there’s ANY smoke around Colombo’s dads concussion claim, that’s our ticket out.
Nothing will come of it. This wouldn't be the first time over the last several years that a parent has threatened to take action against the university for the handling of a medical issue.

He wouldn't be on twitter running his mouth. He'd be hiring a lawyer. Colombi is out of transfer opportunities so he can't cut bait and leave like he did at Utah State when the new coach brought in a transfer QB and like he did at TT when it was clear he was never going to be reinserted at QB after returning from injury.

We never should have wasted a scholarship on this kid. We darn sure shouldn't have named him starter before ever set foot on campus.

The coach and offense wouldn't look any better. The conference we play in is irrelevant to the struggles we're seeing offensively.
Troy has a great defense and Louisiana has a great pass defense that led to some of our offensive woes . We do need to run the ball more and if need be put more blockers in the game as some of the receivers are just not ready yet. Qb should go in my opinion also should go the better runner in Fancher. He can also throw the short pass which Corsi couldnt even do in the last game. Pound the ball on offense and continue to play great defense and we can turn this thing around.

Troy has a great defense and Louisiana has a great pass defense that led to some of our offensive woes . We do need to run the ball more and if need be put more blockers in the game as some of the receivers are just not ready yet. Qb should go in my opinion also should go the better runner in Fancher. He can also throw the short pass which Corsi couldnt even do in the last game. Pound the ball on offense and continue to play great defense and we can turn this thing around.
Run the ball more??? Do you want to kill Laborn? He's already carrying the ball 26 times per game.

As to Troy's pass defense. Their pass defense isn't why our offense struggles. Colombi couldn't pass against BG, Troy, G-W, or ULL. He had good numbers at BG, but that was off of two short passes to Gammage and Keaton that they broke for big TDs.

Troy is good, but they aren't the 85 Bears and throwing for just 49 yards is inexcusable.

I do think tickets are too high but I also think those fans that think we should be getting 30k+ per game are a little delusional as well.

We are a small school in an area that has been losing population for decades. That's not a recipe for increasing enrollment and per game attendance.

Look at Coastal, almost the exact same enrollment as MU, and they got 17k for their last game while they were undefeated. Myrtle beach metro has about 200k more people than Htgn metro too.

Yes our attendance stinks (I was there Wednesday) but its not like we've ever had these huge attendance numbers over a full season. Having every game being able to be watched on a 55in TV from your living room has changed the game the last 20 years. Unless you're a top 30 program, you've probably seen a decrease in attendance in the last decade. Here's hoping the party deck in the endzone is a great addition to the Joan and will bring more people out that stay the entire game. We need more amenities, not more seats.

I do think tickets are too high
Too high? What should we charge then? Seriously and be able to field a successful program. Single game ticket prices are as follows:

Sections 103, 130, and 128 are $25
Sections 102-107, 113, 120, 122, 124 are $35
Sections 109 and 111 are $40
Sections 108, 110, 112, 114, 116, and 118 are $100

If $25 and $35 for game tickets is too expensive then maybe we need to drop down to FCS or D-II. I mean seriously. I only pay $400 and change for two season tickets with seat backs. That is pretty cheap considering other places in the country with a quality team. The eerdiots up north charge $70-$145 for their tickets and they draw 3x as many from the same population.

The problem isn't ticket prices. It's that Marshall football does not have a presence in this state and really doesn't draw in the t-shirt fan. That's the sad truth. It's why you have such a hard time finding Herd gear outside of Huntington. It's even difficult to find at the Barboursville Mall. However eerdiot gear is at every pharmacy, mall, gas station, etc all over the state.

The sad truth is Marshall Football tickets could be free and the stadium still wouldn't be full. It's aggravating, but it's the truth. For years we clowned on MAC schools for their canned food drive ticket exchange programs and we can't fill our stadium.

Reactions: ohio herd
The top price isn’t $40, it’s $44. The $40 tickets charge you $4 per ticket fee. I understand a ticket charge on a whole order but not per ticket. I bought 16 seats for a game at one time online and paid $64 in service charges.

It's simple supply and demand. Tickets are too expensive the rest of the year. There will be no demand because let's be honest, MU football is boring and we are losing. We are gonna have the usuals show up the rest of the year. But as far as adding new fans or bandwagon fans that isn't going to happen.

The top price isn’t $40, it’s $44. The $40 tickets charge you $4 per ticket fee. I understand a ticket charge on a whole order but not per ticket. I bought 16 seats for a game at one time online and paid $64 in service charges.
Excuse me for not including the fee. The other tickets have $2 service fees. It doesn't matter where you go be it a game or concert you're getting a fee on each ticket you buy. It's sucks, but it's life.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
It's simple supply and demand. Tickets are too expensive the rest of the year. There will be no demand because let's be honest, MU football is boring and we are losing. We are gonna have the usuals show up the rest of the year. But as far as adding new fans or bandwagon fans that isn't going to happen.
This is the overall point. It doesn't matter the price because no on is watching. No one that isn't a die hard is going to willingly clear their entire Saturday afternoon to watch fight tooth and nail just not to be shut out of a game.

When I think of our offense this is the first thing that comes to mind.

fail austin powers GIF

This is the overall point. It doesn't matter the price because no on is watching. No one that isn't a die hard is going to willingly clear their entire Saturday afternoon to watch fight tooth and nail just not to be shut out of a game.

When I think of our offense this is the first thing that comes to mind.

fail austin powers GIF
LMFAO, Bleeds! That is our offense in a nutshell.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
If you don’t have a QB that can throw, and are going to be boring anyway, why not go with a 22 look, a couple TEs and a fullback to block? If people already know you’re one dimensional, focus on being dominant in that dimension.

Most teams we play aren’t deep enough to take that pounding for 4 quarters.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Buy a season ticket and you pay the service fee on each ticket. Buy a ticket on game day and you pay face value of ticket with no service fee.

Not sure about buying a ticket at the booth at the stadium on game day. I live 8 hours away and can only make a couple games a year so I buy mine from HerdZone a couple months ahead of time.

I get it that service fees are the norm now but I still think it stinks to add 10% to the cost of each ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT