ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte signs 1-1 with Maryland

First game will be at Charlotte in 2022 and UMD will host the 49ers in 2023.

Heck of a series for Charlotte.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2016/02/charlotte-maryland-schedule-2022-23-football-series/

Bet you anything that in 6 years Charlotte will have significantly expanded their new stadium by the time the Terps show up. Question for Herd fans will be whether MU officials and the city administration still have "tentative plans" for a possible baseball stadium as "soon as a suitable site" can be identified and financing can be arranged?

Oldeherd you and I will be even "older" but hopefully not under ground before we ever see a Marshall baseball stadium! JMO

FAU and Charlotte are sleeping Giants. Both have population, money , and facilities. If they get a following they could both become mid major contenders. Charlotte especially. FAU is like California, too nice to go set in a football stadium and too much too do.

Keep an eye on Charlotte, all it will take is one magic season and ....

Charlotte actually has a little following as far as attendance, be interesting to see if it increases with stadium expanision.

To me this says more about Maryland than it does UNCC. Maryland, despite all the UA money, was supposedly broke just a few years ago. Apparently it has to play a game at a G5 bottom feeder, rather than pay some team for a no-return game in College Park.

As to UNCC's "potential", whatever. You cannot make people care about that which they do not care about, and nobody cares. It is a speck lost among the pro teams and the multiple local major colleges.

To me this says more about Maryland than it does UNCC. Maryland, despite all the UA money, was supposedly broke just a few years ago. Apparently it has to play a game at a G5 bottom feeder, rather than pay some team for a no-return game in College Park.

As to UNCC's "potential", whatever. You cannot make people care about that which they do not care about, and nobody cares. It is a speck lost among the pro teams and the multiple local major colleges.

Umm, would you rather be a "speck" in an economic ball of fire, booming metro area like Charlotte or "king of the hill" in a decaying, drug infested, declining population for 50 years, rust belt relic like Huntington??????

Keep an eye on Charlotte, all it will take is one magic season and ....

I'd say making it to the Super Bowl and almost going undefeated would qualify.

Oh, you didn't mean that team from Charlotte. You mean the lower-tier G5 school that just started their program from scratch and plays in what could be described as a large high school stadium. Oh yeah dude, I bet if they won C-USA it would make it page four of the Charlotte Observer's sports section. Maybe even Page 2 in the "Local Events Roundup."

Look out world, here comes the 49ers. Oh, not those 49ers. The other 49ers. Well, the other, other 49ers.

Umm, would you rather be a "speck" in an economic ball of fire, booming metro area like Charlotte or "king of the hill" in a decaying, drug infested, declining population for 50 years, rust belt relic like Huntington??????

I would rather be relevant. UNCC, in the Charlotte sports market, is irrelevant. Bash our city and state all you want to, fact is Marshall has fans.

You do realize that the national championship was between Alabama and Clemson. If city size was all that mattered, it would have been NYU vs. Univ. of Chicago.

Don't fall for the AAC (formerly the "Big" East) 's Big Lie. Being IN a city or state and being RELEVANT IN a city or state are two different things.

UNCC is not relevant in Charlotte. Probably never will be. Panthers, Hornets, NASCAR, the nearby "Power 5" schools, the schools that the people who moved there to get work followed "back home", or perhaps even attended, HS sports, AAA baseball, on and on and on.

Reactions: tradebait
Well if relevancey starts with winning the battle for talent, their relevancy didn't start this year for sure. Just saw where 247Sports had them last again in C-USA, very poor showing apparently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT