ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Tickets

Sep 2, 2004
For anyone who is wanting to go the the October 31st game at UNC Charlotte, individual tickets went on sale today at 10AM. I got reserved tickets in section 128 next to the Marshall section for $30 a piece for my wife and I with a $3 service charge. Only a 70 minute drive for me from Spartanburg, SC.

Thanks for the info mb. Just got my tickets from there as well. Didn't know there were any Herd fans in Sparkle City. Lived here for 6 years now and all I see are USC and Clemson colors. When I wear my Marshall colors at BW3s you would think I committed a crime :)

I get looks too, but just yesterday I was talking with a guy and when i told him I went to Marshall, he was excited because he graduated with Jazz King at Byrnes. When I mention I graduated from Marshall, I almost always get a very positive response, even from Furman alums!

I married a Carolina Gamecock, so I've been known to sport some black and garnet every so often.

Reactions: lock69
Yeah, my wife likes that when I mention that to Clemson fan, but not so much when I mention it to her or any of her family, lol

I do actually like following Gamecock football and baseball, though. My wife cheers for the Herd just as much as she does Carolina, however and I love her for it!

Why would anyone want to live in Spartanburg when there is a much better location 30 min or so further south. Greenville is 100Xs better than the burg

MB: I guess if I chose a side it would probably be USC, but I can't get any emotion connection to either of them. Not like Marshall. I actually have my Master's and post grad work from another big school and have never followed a single sporting event there either. Just something about The Herd I guess.

Herdfan429: I disagree. Greenville is nice, but Spartanburg has more of a quaint charm. It is a little more spread out, but on the whole we don't have near the traffic and problems that are in Greenville. Cost of living/taxes are also significantly less. I guess it is all dependent upon what you enjoy. I have been very happy with the people and the community as well. It reminds me of the 'Three little bears'. Not too big, not too small, but just right :)

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
I do get an emotional connection, but that's more because when they win, my wife is a happy girl. I feed off of her emotions. She is almost as emotional about USC as I am Marshall. Notice I said almost!

As far as the Greenville/Spartanburg debate, I live here because my wife is from here and I do like the particular area I live in. I love Greenville and all the great things to do there. In my opinion, Greenville kicks Spartanburg's tail when it comes to restaurants, but living in Spartanburg puts me relatively close to Charlotte too. I grew up in Bridgeport, WV and I love the small-town feel of Spartanburg, for sure. Luckily for us, Marshall actually has a yearly opponent that's relatively close, so I might just stay here for another 13 years! Birmingham is about the same distance from here as Huntington. Charlotte is just what the doctor ordered!

MB: I guess if I chose a side it would probably be USC, but I can't get any emotion connection to either of them. Not like Marshall. I actually have my Master's and post grad work from another big school and have never followed a single sporting event there either. Just something about The Herd I guess.

Herdfan429: I disagree. Greenville is nice, but Spartanburg has more of a quaint charm. It is a little more spread out, but on the whole we don't have near the traffic and problems that are in Greenville. Cost of living/taxes are also significantly less. I guess it is all dependent upon what you enjoy. I have been very happy with the people and the community as well. It reminds me of the 'Three little bears'. Not too big, not too small, but just right :)

I prefer not to have the crime that Spartanburg has. I find it funny how defensive people get from spartanburg, Im not talking about you. Im in Greenville and I have friends that live in Spartanburg. When the words greenville come out you would think its 8 hours away or in the middle of a warzone, People have that spartanburg pride I guess

I am originally from Huntington so I really don’t have “a dog in the fight”, but when I was brought to the area I looked at both. There are positive things about both cities, but after spending time in Spartanburg I find that I like being centrally located between Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville. There are fewer restaurants in Spartanburg, but there are some here that I would put against any across the U.S. (e.g. Ikes has the best hamburger I have ever tasted). The community that I live in is beautiful and the neighbors are as friendly as any I have met in any of the other places that I have lived. I still frequently go to Greenville, but am happy to come back ‘home’ J Just wish we had more Herd fans here. I get tired of paying my friends in beer to be pseudo fans. lol

Reactions: michaelbridgett
I would agree with just about everything you said lock. Centrally located and I love seeing the mountains from my backyard are pluses for me. Ike's is a great hole-in-the-wall and I'm glad they finally did away with smoking there because I always left there smelling like a dirty ashtray! Took me back to my college days in Huntington lol! I have friends in Greenville and love Greenville too, but I will take Hwy 9 over sitting in traffic on Woodruff Road any day.

At least you know there's one other Herd fan in Spartanburg!

What section are the tickets that MU had for sale in? Looks like they are sold out but going to try and find some close to those sections.

Also Greenville is nice but Charleston is the best place to live in SC.

What section are the tickets that MU had for sale in? Looks like they are sold out but going to try and find some close to those sections.

Also Greenville is nice but Charleston is the best place to live in SC.
I plan to retire in the Hilton Head area. I love it there and the proximity to Savannah.

Charleston kicks Savannah's tail. The food is way better in Charleston and you have more than one beach to pick from. I plan on retiring in Charleston myself.

Obviously a difference of opinion. Although I'm not a beach person, there are 2 beaches near Savannah. Tybee and Hilton Head.

you all are crazy if you dont first name kiawah island in the state. close enough to drive easily to charleston, yet set away from the rush with great restaurants and a good beach on site.

Scary thoughts....I am FINALLY agreeing on some points with Pee Shooter (riflearm0)........

HerdZilla22 In BEAUTIFUL CHARLOTTE, NC

I'm not a golfer, so Hilton Head and Kiawah just aren't for me. I love Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island, but Folly Beach is by far the best in the Charleston area. I would consider Seabrook and Kiawah and Edisto as Charleston beaches.

I've always seen this with everyone I have this conversation with, some people like busy beaches that are tourist traps like Myrtle Beach and others like laid back, non-commercial beaches like Edisto. That's what's so great about the South. You have your pick as far as size and pace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT