ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte.....

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
This is no longer the team with the former MU assistant as their HC. I say beat those pick-axe hicks straight into the ground. No mercy! They are getting pretty uppity over on CUSABBS. I give them credit for getting to 5 wins, but #6 will not come at our expense!! We will be up for this one. Go Herd!!!

This is no longer the team with the former MU assistant as their HC. I say beat those pick-axe hicks straight into the ground. No mercy! They are getting pretty uppity over on CUSABBS. I give them credit for getting to 5 wins, but #6 will not come at our expense!! We will be up for this one. Go Herd!!!
Who has doc ever shown no mercy on? It’s not in his dna to throat stomp another team

Reactions: LetsGoHerd1106
From all of the smack they're posting on other boards, they feel like they have arrived. I hope we don't take our eye off the goal!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
6.5 seems high to me. we're coming off an emotional game and now going on the road against a team that had a bye week and is getting better as the season progresses. Plus they are playing for bowl eligibility. We will have to be focused and disciplined including the coaching staff.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
This is for the divsion title. we simply cannot think about losing this game. it would be complete humiliation. we are a storied program. they have no history nor tradition. Their stadium is named after a guy that gun run out of the NFL. Hell, ours is named after a woman who might have been a stripper. If i sound arrogant, I don't care. We need to come off the bus talking shit and put them away like a champion. Anything less is not acceptable.

If we lose this game I may have to check into a hospital. To me losing to UNC Charlotte in this situation would be damn near devastating.

This will be a good test. Charlotte is good enough to beat us if we don’t come to play from the get go.

I hope the team isn’t paying much attention to the location of the conf championship game. Got to finish this.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If you travel I-77 to the game beware of construction delays and plan for extra travel time. Google "construction of I-77 in NC" for details.

They beat us during our worst year in 3 decades - a fluke. They are basically a FCS program in a fancy high school stadium. Shouldn't lose to them. They are a pretty arrogant bunch for a school that hasn't done squat.

Reactions: The Real SamC
We have a coach ERRR I MEAN VOLUNTEER FOOTBALL ADVISOR on staff that knows everything about all of their players except true freshmen and transfers. I feel like maybe that should be an advantage.

wait, I saw the thread topic, and immediately assumed this was about futbol game yesterday for the conference title. who the hell is worried about the real football game? this should be a big time ass reaming win on Saturday. Anything less than a four score win would surprise me.

I make the trip to Charlotte every other year since its only about 3 hours from my house here in NC... Most of Charlotte's fans are great. Friendly, quick with recommendations on things (bars, restaurants, hotels, etc.) and very respectful because they know UNCC has done nothing on a football field ever. Their stadium is small, but it's nice and easy to get to.

That said, the worst 2% of Charlotte fans are among the worst I've encountered in any CUSA city (and I've been to almost all of them over the years except North Texas, UTSA and La Tech)... Their "bottom 2%" desperately want to be relevant to the point of talking themselves into relevance based on "big" wins over other CUSA bottom feeders.

They may very well make their first bowl game ever this year and do battle with a directional Michigan in the Bahamas. If that happens, you won't have to look it up anywhere, their bottom 2% will be sure to tell everyone about it for years to come.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
From Banker (on UNCC's chances) over on CUSAbbs:

(upset) Could happen, however when you look at their schedule they have played 5 teams that have a winning record. They are 0-5 in those games and have lost every one of them by at least two TDs. In those games they have been outscored a combined 231-115, which is a 46-23 average.

Also, everything for them on offense starts with the run game which appears strong until you break it down.

They have two games where they rushed for more than 300 yards, against Gardner Webb and against UMass who is ranked dead last in rush defense in FBS.

They have 4 games with between 200 and 299. Those are against Appy (60th), UNT (100th), Middle (112th) and FIU (113th).

They have 2 games with between 100-199. Those are against Clemson (20th - with a lot of garbage time yards), and UTEP (90th).

They have 2 games with less than 100 yards, WKU (43rd) and FAU (44th). In those games they averaged 2.87 and 1.93 ypr respectively.

Marshall currently has the 32nd ranked rush defense. We averaged over 5 ypc against both FAU and WKU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT