ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PICK THE SCORE THREAD Charlotte

I think we win Saturday , make it 27 to 14 but when we play WKU next Saturday, we'll get welded!

We absolutely sucked in Charlotte under Doc (and so has the weather, our last two trips have been in monsoons)... Can Huff turn it around (in good weather Saturday, 58/Sunny)?

Its all going to come down to QB play. Charlotte will certainly stack the box like UAB did to try to make us one dimensional. I think Wells bounces back.

Marshall -- 31
Charlotte -- 20

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Herd - 21
UNCC - 27
My all time top 2 dejected feelings after a Herd football loss:
#1 @ NC State 1991
#2 @ Charlotte 2019

#1 - legitimately believe game was stolen by the &$*#% ACC refs
#2 - We got robbed by our HC. Monsoon conditions. “Hey Doc - you suuuuuuuuck!”

#1 @ NC State 1991
#2 @ Charlotte 2019

I have watched every Herd game for the past 20 years... Either in person or on TV/Internet/etc... I remember standing in the freezing cold rain, soaked to the damn bone despite wearing a rain jacket, in Charlotte in 2019 and thinking this is the worst game I have ever seen... Completely demoralized and disgusted.

Coach Huff ends his pre-game speech with Lets go Hokies....I mean Herd. Sensing that their coach could be leaving the Herd comes out flat and loses 34-3. After witnessing the game VT officials retract on their offer and Huff remains coach at Marshall.

Coach Huff ends his pre-game speech with Lets go Hokies....I mean Herd. Sensing that their coach could be leaving the Herd comes out flat and loses 34-3. After witnessing the game VT officials retract on their offer and Huff remains coach at Marshall.
😂 You're a moron.

We absolutely sucked in Charlotte under Doc (and so has the weather, our last two trips have been in monsoons)... Can Huff turn it around (in good weather Saturday, 58/Sunny)?

Its all going to come down to QB play. Charlotte will certainly stack the box like UAB did to try to make us one dimensional. I think Wells bounces back.

Marshall -- 31
Charlotte -- 20
This game will show us what Huff and really Cramsey are made of. When we got down the stretch with 2-3 games left and winning out gave us the division Doc's teams choked. The pressure is on. We had one mulligan left and we used it last week.

Also I don't think we ever took Charlotte seriously and it showed in our efforts when we played them. Charlotte plays very hard against us and we've approached them like they're an FCS team.

Great HC's have that "it" factor when it really matters. This will show us if Coach Huff has IT.

I’m coming to the game. The other games I attended were ECU and App. I was also there for the 2019 debacle in Charlotte.
Plan your predictions accordingly.

I have watched every Herd game for the past 20 years... Either in person or on TV/Internet/etc... I remember standing in the freezing cold rain, soaked to the damn bone despite wearing a rain jacket, in Charlotte in 2019 and thinking this is the worst game I have ever seen... Completely demoralized and disgusted.
The worst college football game I have ever been too and I am not talking just about the weather. It was so bad that I have not been to another Marshall game since and am reluctant to go this weekend.

The worst college football game I have ever been too and I am not talking just about the weather. It was so bad that I have not been to another Marshall game since and am reluctant to go this weekend.
I hear ya... I remember watching the Herd get rolled by New Hampshire at the Joan in 2007... At least that day it was 75 and sunny. That is the runner up for worst game I have ever watched live.

And I was in Akron for the Byron broken leg game, that we lost, where it was 35 degrees with a damn 40 mph wind blowing directly in the open end of the poorly designed low horseshoe at the Rubber Bowl. That game would be third on my list, but watching Byron come walking out the f'ing ambulance and back on the field was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Are there any alum events at the game or team hotel? Thinking of driving up from SC and taking my son to his first herd game.

Sorry Herdman. This is pitiful. How the hell can you (or any herd fan within 4-5 hours drive) complain about attendance if you aren't going?

Are there any alum events at the game or team hotel? Thinking of driving up from SC and taking my son to his first herd game.
They used to do a Big Green tailgate but I haven’t seen anything.
You should go to the game. Usually a decent Herdnation showing in sections 128-130. Stadium is small but nice. Good concessions. Weather is going to be good.

#1 @ NC State 1991
#2 @ Charlotte 2019

How can John’s debacle of the WVU game in 2010 not be #1 on this list? You know, the game where Tron went in while Martin Ward was on the bench?

How can John’s debacle of the WVU game in 2010 not be #1 on this list? You know, the game where Tron went in while Martin Ward was on the bench?
Marine - excellent point. I should have written “that I attended” in there somewhere! You’re right. Watching that debacle at home, I could only feel sympathy for those in the Joan, who only moments before were rejoicing over a historic 1st victory over our hated arch rival & now were just starting to feel the pit of your stomach ache realizing that Doc suuuucked! That it took nearly 10 years to correct that mistake is just another example on a long list of self inflicted wounds the AD has inflicted on our fan base!
To add a footnote to this way too long response: In ‘91, with about 3 minutes to go, & just after we scored after forcing a NC St fumble inside their 5 yd line, our fans started up the “na na nah nah, na na nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye” chant. The death knell!!!

three picks no way we win. I don’t think we win anyway
UNC^2 -27
Herd-17
tenor.gif

Sorry Herdman. This is pitiful. How the hell can you (or any herd fan within 4-5 hours drive) complain about attendance if you aren't going?
I don't complain about attendance. Haven't for a long time. I couldn't care less who goes to games or not. The older I get , the more I don't care about things like that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT