ADVERTISEMENT

Chocking Charlie Now Owns Two of the Most Embarrassing Choke Jobs in Herd History

I love Marshall University and our athletic program, therefore, I have been tolerant of Coach Huff, trying to give him the benefit of a doubt and let him have his shot. After tonight, I'm done! No excuses for this loss...it is 100% on the head coach. There are too many mistakes for me to list here and all of them fall on Huff's shoulders! In my opinion, he should not even be allowed back on campus!

Well, we have the Akron game, the Kansas State game, the wvu game, the ECU game and now, the Ga So game. Is this the worst? If you take the opponent out of it, probably because if we would have simply taken a knee on our last two possessions before they took the lead we would have won. All we had to do was fall down six times in a row, and we couldn’t even do that.

At least the wvu game was against really good players. Tonight? Not so much.

Well, we have the Akron game, the Kansas State game, the wvu game, the ECU game and now, the Ga So game. Is this the worst? If you take the opponent out of it, probably because if we would have simply taken a knee on our last two possessions before they took the lead we would have won. All we had to do was fall down six times in a row, and we couldn’t even do that.

At least the wvu game was against really good players. Tonight? Not so much.

Changing the subject slightly, but not sure why K-State 05 always ends up on these lists.

That was a back and forth game. Yeah, we really should have gotten a FG attempt, but it was no chip shot and Ian O’Conner wasn’t automatic from anywhere.

1. UCF down in Orlando in (2009), (Synder)
2. West Virginia (2010), (Doc)
3. Southern Miss at home (2017), (Doc)
4. Middle Tennessee (2013), (Doc)
5. Troy (2022), (Huff)
6. East Carolina (2021), (Huff)
7. Georgia Southern (2024), (Huff)

You are forgetting this one:

2 hours: 54 min +

With all respect, G5 (now G6) teams are not supposed to beat P5 (now P4) teams. Even backmarker fieldfillers like WVU or K-State. The other games on this list, the G5 ones, are all teams on our level or even slightly above. While these results were choke jobs, they were "greatest thing that almost happened" type deals.

This is different.

This is GEORGIA SOUTHERN. A perennial resident of Ryan McGee's "ESPN Bottom 10". A program with Z E R O I-A history. A program that never should have left I-AA. A program, along with its fellow GSU, everyone should circle every year as the free spot. Losing AT ALL to this crew is failure.

Losing like this is the worst choke job in MU history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT