ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE HUFF! What a FU

Agreed! Time to clean house, sad part is this will be a continuous problem with our program. When you can’t pay decent wages for coaching staff/players(todays college football) you either get trash coaches/players or coaches/players using program as steeping stone. ( damn look at WVU, they pay good money and still have a mediocre coach). I remember the glory days when our name was mentioned in the same breath as Boise State, how far we’ve fallen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jartard
Agreed! Time to clean house, sad part is this will be a continuous problem with our program. When you can’t pay decent wages for coaching staff/players(todays college football) you either get trash coaches/players or coaches/players using program as steeping stone. ( damn look at WVU, they pay good money and still have a mediocre coach). I remember when the glory days when our name was mentioned in the same breath as Boise State, how far we’ve fallen.
Has nothing to do with money. There are P4s with idiots running them too.

Go to the lower levels and hire a winner instead of career position coaches.

Agreed! Time to clean house, sad part is this will be a continuous problem with our program. When you can’t pay decent wages for coaching staff/players(todays college football) you either get trash coaches/players or coaches/players using program as steeping stone. ( damn look at WVU, they pay good money and still have a mediocre coach). I remember the glory days when our name was mentioned in the same breath as Boise State, how far we’ve fallen.
We were Boise before Boise. It’s a shame. Having the money and nerve to actually clean the house when it needs it is an issue. We will not ever again play for championships as long as we tolerate staffs whose hallmarks are awful QB play, letdown losses after big wins, losing to MAC teams, and absolutely incompetent choke jobs when leading by multiple scores on the 4th. The program would be just fine if we’d simple win the ones we’re supposed to win. I don’t think any Herd fan would be critical of a coach that accomplished just that. You’d challenge for the Sunbelt each season, win your share vs lower P4 teams (Cincy etc), and knock off a bigger foe from time to time. Coming the the Joan would be what it used to be, a death trap.

Reactions: johns1124
We were Boise before Boise.
The focus of evil in the sports world, ESPN, wants that particular "little engine that could" storyline to remain in one place. It was us once, it was UCF, now the evil doers at ESPN want you to think it is perpetually Boise. It isn't.

Anyway, it certainly isn't us. Remember "this isn't a rebuilding". The failed cabal that went around the AD and hired this unqualified guy. The failed AD that now keeps him around, despite his results being "unacceptable". And the failed coach himself, although one cannot really blame him, he is pulling down large cash from a boss who doesn't expect results, take it as long as you can.

Now this IS A REBUILDING. 100%. It will take years and years to undo the CH damage to this program and begin to think about contending in the SBC, let alone reach the levels of the past. And that assumes the AD even gives a darn about winning, or has a clue about how to pick a winning coach if he does care. Nothing this failure has done so far gives me any illusion that CS cares if we win or lose, or has the ability to make the changes needed if he does.

But we never run out of Pepsi.

If huff was fired because the dumb ass should be how many pinko sorry ass people will cry he was fired because of his race? That has nothing to do with it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT