ADVERTISEMENT

About last night -- Georgia Southern

RhinoD

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2007
Marshall
marshall.forums.rivals.com
I know I usually wait a self-imposed 24 hours after a loss to post this thread, but after last night there's no reason to wait... Last night was as pathetic a collapse as we've had in a while (and we've had several in the past decade against teams like Rice, MTSU, Charlotte, etc).

As I was leaving the stadium, I got a text from a friend who gives 10 times what I give to MU every year, and the message was a very succinct -- "Fire him on the tarmac"

Here's the good, the bad, and the ugly from last night --
The Good --
• We started well. Got the ball, got points, built a lead... The scripted plays for the first few possessions worked pretty well.
• Turner is still our best offensive player, and even though we have no idea how to use him, he continues to put up good numbers.
• The front four on defense played well.
• Veerhoff deserves the game ball - Best game of his MU career by a mile.

The Bad --
• Pretty much every play after the buzzer sounded to end the third quarter.
• The secondary was flat bad... Gave up 325 passing yards and a couple TDs, most of that after halftime to a backup QB.
• Coaching... Just incredibly terrible... More about that in a second.

The Ugly --
• The two quarterback nonsense... Some of us were concerned that this would play out the way it did, where both guys play, both are meh, and we dont have any momentum or continuity. If you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterback. It's time to pick one and roll with it. I dont care which it is, but there has to be one guy.
• The usage of our best players... We finally threw the ball to Payne, and holy shit he scored two TDs. Its almost like we should have been using the TE more (as pretty much everyone on here as pointed out going back to last year). Turner is gashing them for three quarters? - Perfect, lets run the ball with our two QBs and not give him the ball late! That way we can get tackled for a loss, fumble, etc and blow an almost certain win.
• Prevent defense has always been, and still is, terrible.

The thoughts of winning the East and all that were fun for a week. But we can't get out of own way long enough for something like that.

Let's pick a quarterback (one)... and try to make up for last nights debacle against a bad Georgia State team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.