ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Spears: Yes or No

Do you approve of the overall performance of AD Spears at this point in time?

• Yes

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters
The real test for Spears will be if Corny does not produce after two years on the job. Will he dismiss him and hire a solid replacement.

The real test for Spears will be if Corny does not produce after two years on the job. Will he dismiss him and hire a solid replacement.
I agree.

But, I think his big test may come before that... What happens with Huff is we win the same number, or less, games than last year?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

What is "produce"?

MU isn't a P5 program, nor is it really a top dog in the G5 in terms of, well, anything...so they can't be "unimpressed" if the guy does improve the record but that's it.

I agree.

But, I think his big test may come before that... What happens with Huff is we win the same number, or less, games than last year?

He isn't going to be retained. As I have said about this before firing him, while agreeable, it would be cheaper not to.

He is in his final year of his contract, he has publicly stated he wants out of here, he will want to be hired to a decent position so he's going to have to perform well this year to do so.
That could mean anything, but MU would benefit from any sort of improvement and Huff can use that to leverage a way out.

Huff is gone after this season, what matters is how he checks out.

What is "produce"?

MU isn't a P5 program, nor is it really a top dog in the G5 in terms of, well, anything...so they can't be "unimpressed" if the guy does improve the record but that's it.
Just my opinion... But "produce" in my eyes would be putting a team on the floor every night that is going to compete, work hard on defense, limit turnovers - play quality basketball. Within the confines of a schedule that isn't a total joke.

We should be competitive with the top 3-4 teams in our conference consistently (especially given that the SBC is regularly between 15-18 in conference RPI).

For me, I dont really care if the end result is 23-8 or 20-11... After sitting through last year, I just want to watch good quality basketball against teams with a pulse.

Link, please?

Having to apologize because you insulted the fans, having been putting your name on the radar for head coaching jobs since you got here, and having a history of leaving programs after a year, with the exception of two or so.

...oh and given everything you have said about Marshall and Huntington...I don't need a link.
Everyone who is here, wants to leave at the moment they can, right?

Having to apologize because you insulted the fans, having been putting your name on the radar for head coaching jobs since you got here, and having a history of leaving programs after a year, with the exception of two or so.

...oh and given everything you have said about Marshall and Huntington...I don't need a link.
Everyone who is here, wants to leave at the moment they can, right?
So he has never “publicly stated that he wants out of here.” Got it.

Words have meaning. And those meanings should be true in order for you to say those words. What you did is just use words that were false.

A link isn't required. You have said it often on here. You slobbered all over Liberty joining CUSA. You legitimately were angry and opposed to MU leaving.
No, I did not. You were challenged for a link. You cannot find one, and now open your pie hole to spew yet more idiocy.

Link please.

Bluff call.

I can't imagine Coach Huff will be here beyond this year. Either he will win enough for another job and leave or won't win enough for another job and we won't renew. I speculate that when directly revenue sharing with players becomes the expectation in recruiting, teams at our level with our budget will have to look for bargains on the coaching staff, including at the head coach position. Just my guess.

You have said it often on here.
I'm not sure Sammy made the argument for not moving to another conference, but I do think he attempted to suggest that we wouldn't be leaving CUSA because the Marshall Athletic Dept was inept. Yes....just another pointless, wrong prediction by Sammy.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
So he has never “publicly stated that he wants out of here.” Got it.

Words have meaning. And those meanings should be true in order for you to say those words. What you did is just use words that were false.

Same applies to you too...

I'm not sure Sammy made the argument for not moving to another conference, but I do think he attempted to suggest that we wouldn't be leaving CUSA because the Marshall Athletic Dept was inept. Yes....just another pointless, wrong prediction by Sammy.

He loved the AD and everything it was doing. He didn't want to leave CUSA and I believe he deleted his posts about staying.

Same applies to you too...
Point out when I make false comments about somebody and try painting them as being objective. You can't. So you can apologize to the board about your bogus claim or delete it.

Point out when I make false comments about somebody and try painting them as being objective. You can't. So you can apologize to the board about your bogus claim or delete it.

Pretty much everything you say is ridden with BS. , so nah, I don't think I will 🤡

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Pretty much everything you say is ridden with BS. , so nah, I don't think I will 🤡
In that case, it would be pretty easy for you to find some examples.

Until you do, and until you fix your other bogus comment in this thread, you're classified as another Samantha: Somebody who spouts off incorrect information, paints them as facts, then runs when you're called on the floor to defend them.

In that case, it would be pretty easy for you to find some examples.

Until you do, and until you fix your other bogus comment in this thread, you're classified as another Samantha: Somebody who spouts off incorrect information, paints them as facts, then runs when you're called on the floor to defend them.

Cool stuff bro, 🤡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT