ADVERTISEMENT

Christmas gifts

-CarlHungus-

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 9, 2007
So I got myself a couple. What did you guys get yourselves?

I got the Manchester Orchestra album on vinyl. I’m pumped to hear it on the turn table with an adult beverage. This album is amazing, and I generally hate new music.

I almost got OK Computer but the going rate is nuts. I’ll wait to see if they re issue it.

I also got a killer new pair of Filson boot socks.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
So I got myself a couple. What did you guys get yourselves?

I got the Manchester Orchestra album on vinyl. I’m pumped to hear it on the turn table with an adult beverage. This album is amazing, and I generally hate new music.

I almost got OK Computer but the going rate is nuts. I’ll wait to see if they re issue it.

I also got a killer new pair of Filson boot socks.
I was not familiar with these guys. I like this! Thanks for sharing!

No problem!

I was luke warm on their prior albums, but this album (The Million Masks of God) is a gem. I can't stop listening. The bass player is phenomenal, but I can only hear the lines well on my headphones and not in my car, so it doesn't come through as well in the car.

Reactions: imherdfan
That lead singer reminded me of someone and I just thought of it, have you heard Parker Milsap?
No problem!

I was luke warm on their prior albums, but this album (The Million Masks of God) is a gem. I can't stop listening. The bass player is phenomenal, but I can only hear the lines well on my headphones and not in my car, so it doesn't come through as well in the car.
The singer has a real unique quality, I like that.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
That lead singer reminded me of someone and I just thought of it, have you heard Parker Milsap?

The singer has a real unique quality, I like that.

Don’t know him but I don’t keep up much with new music (present album excluded, obviously). I’ll have to check him out.

I just liked this album because it felt like some mesh of Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket, and Phosphorescent or something..,,

I can’t put my finger on it but it’s been a big hit for me.

Reactions: imherdfan
I got the Manchester Orchestra album on vinyl. I’m pumped to hear it on the turn table with an adult beverage.
Ahhh, the old turntable. I can still remember sitting motionless in a friend’s room listening to records. I knew the pressure on his tonearm was so slight that any movement might create a skip.

I got a Bose S1 portable speaker/PA with Bluetooth. It has 2 inputs w/ 1/4” and XLR input. Can hook my guitar and a microphone up or stream music. Has really great sound!

Maybe some candy canes. Damn, that would be hard to chew and spit. Gonna have to be something else. More Kroger brand Cinnamon Toast Crunch. $1.67 a box, what a deal. That gets me about 20 minutes.

That’s the hope. Snorkeling and fishing Aruba this week. First vacation in 18 months.

Just the quality in photos is a huge upgrade even from the iphones
Oh shit, you just gave me an idea for justifying the purchase of one for our Hawaii trip this summer.

We're going snorkeling, although I think I'll try "snoobing" (sp?). Has anyone on here done that before? Apparently you have a small O2 tank that stays afloat as your oxygen source to enable you to go deeper.

Oh shit, you just gave me an idea for justifying the purchase of one for our Hawaii trip this summer.

We're going snorkeling, although I think I'll try "snoobing" (sp?). Has anyone on here done that before? Apparently you have a small O2 tank that stays afloat as your oxygen source to enable you to go deeper.
Have to go to Hanauma Bay on Oahu if you are snorkeling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT