ADVERTISEMENT

Night two of Serious beer drinking

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Bought a 2nd pick axe for the wife today. Early mother's day present.

We dug a few holes and drank beers, if for no other reason, it was because we dug. I'm a pick axe freak, but the old lady needs to swing it better. Almost took out a toe or two on one of her swings, but only ended up with blood in my socks.

Took this 8 foot log I had split in half, and moved it down to the southeast corner of our lot. Picked that log up by myself and loaded it up on the wheel barrel and felt like I won the tough man contest, or at least I got the trophy for my yard, which was a fresh pint of beer.

Wheeled that log in the barrel down to where I wanted it, a couple yards away, but got pissed off because it cracked the top of the edge of the barrel. Moved my stones and created a new fire pit close to the log,and then moved my burn barrel close by. Chained the burn barrel to my tractor and drug it to the new spot. Black neighbors were impressed but think they were more interested in knowing if they could still hear Skynyrd from the new spot.

Cut up all the new ground and made the old lady lay down the edging and make several wheelbarrow trips shoveling out the pea gravel, but now we're still married after all that.

Currently drinking beers from this famous brewery from Iowa, and wife is drinking vodka. I'm not sure if this is the night she plans to kill me or not, but she probably doesn't know I moved on to the long handled shovel.

Should be an interesting night.

Right now we have the Lumineers cranked and there's a killer owl up above us and he looks like he might kill me any minute now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT