ADVERTISEMENT

CNN fact-checker says Tampon Tim's claim on Trump economy 'not true,' says manufacturing jobs rose under him

30CAT

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Last edited:
Reactions: SBAP74 and 19MU88
If things are so great under Pedo-Joe, why did the Commie party force him out?

Last I looked, Pedo-Joe sucked and America agrees.

Reactions: 19MU88
If things are so great under Pedo-Joe, why did the Commie party force him out?

Last I looked, Pedo-Joe sucked and America agrees.
There was once a time when this forum actually had reasonable conversations. Peace out.

"Under George W. Bush, there were about 4.5 million manufacturing jobs lost. Under Trump, it was about 178,000."

Now granted, he was up 400K before COVID but I'm not sure that's a bragging point when you compare it to the gains under both Obama and Biden.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/664993/private-sector-manufacturing-employment-in-the-us/
Biden's "gains" were purely based on the economy opening back up after forced covid shutdowns. Since July 2022 there have been little to no gains in manufacturing.

There was once a time when this forum actually had reasonable conversations. Peace out.

Not sure how my statement wasn't peaceful. Pretty straight forward question.

Why aren't people happy with this administration's policies? Commie-Toe will be status quo. If the policies are so good, why did America reject them?

The Democrat party pushed Pedo-Joe out. Why? Supposedly 15 million jobs and more manufacturing jobs than homObama and Trump.

What's the problem?

My opinion? People's eyes, ears and wallets tell a different story.

CNN calling out the lies? Damn. Not good for Commie-Toe and her lugnut, Tampon Tim.

Democrats, their policies and their bleaters are destroying our country

Waiting on greed to now tell us that cnn is not reliable now lmao. It’s great when these shits start eating their own.

Reactions: mlblack16.
You all are morons.

For 3+ years, I have posted numerous screenshots of CNN writing articles about Biden, Harris, and other Democrats lying or misrepresenting things. I've referred to that many times over the last couple of years.

Now, you want to act like them doing it once again is somehow a bad sign for Dems? What about all of the times I posted them doing it over the past three years?

More, you deplorables never give any legitimacy to CNN's reporting. But suddenly they are telling the truth?

Intellectual dishonesty, hypocrisy, and pure stupidity at its finest.

You all are morons.

For 3+ years, I have posted numerous screenshots of CNN writing articles about Biden, Harris, and other Democrats lying or misrepresenting things. I've referred to that many times over the last couple of years.

Now, you want to act like them doing it once again is somehow a bad sign for Dems? What about all of the times I posted them doing it over the past three years?

More, you deplorables never give any legitimacy to CNN's reporting. But suddenly they are telling the truth?

Intellectual dishonesty, hypocrisy, and pure stupidity at its finest.

Dumbass.

You realize there is no rule here that requires you to respond to all of my posts, right? Your drive-by comments of "dumbass" and "puss" not only degrade this board, but they also make somebody like you look even dumber when you're trying to criticize things about a person who runs circles around you on them.

If you want my attention, just ask The Chemours Company HR team for my email.

• Haha
Reactions: SamSwimmer
You realize there is no rule here that requires you to respond to all of my posts, right? Your drive-by comments of "dumbass" and "puss" not only degrade this board, but they also make somebody like you look even dumber when you're trying to criticize things about a person who runs circles around you on them.

If you want my attention, just ask The Chemours Company HR team for my email.

riflepuss, you are a dumbass. No quotes, because you are a dumbass and a puss.

Rifle calling out the use of dumbass and puss, while calling everybody who disagrees with him moron. Ironic, huh?

The U.S. added 345K manufacturing jobs from 22 to 23. From 21 to 22 we added 443K.
Not according to the Bureau of Labor and statistics:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=1vL0u

fredgraph.png

'21-'22 the economy was still reopening from covid closers. Counting those numbers as "created manufacturing jobs" is laughable. As I stated from July '22 until now.....FLAT.

Last edited:
Not according to the Bureau of Labor and statistics:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=1vL0u

fredgraph.png

'21-'22 the economy was still reopening from covid closers. Counting those numbers as "created manufacturing jobs" is laughable. As I stated from July '22 until now.....FLAT.

Using the site you provided, looking at the table that drives the graph you’ve highlighted.

Dec 2021 - 12,575,000 manufacturing jobs.
Dec 2022 - 12,934,000

That’s an increase of 357K. Lighter than Statistica but a nice gain nonetheless.

When comparing 350K on a graph representing 12+ million over 80 years, it tends to flatline changes. Surely you can understand that.

Regarding some of the other comments, I make my decisions objectively and I am not a registered Democrat. The media doesn’t feed me talking points. I’m just not so jaded that I can’t look beyond anything that doesn’t align with a personal narrative.

If you are claiming that in December of 2021 manufacturing wasn’t for the most part back in full swing, you are being willfully ignorant.

Pre COVID, Trump made some nice gains in manufacturing but they were no more impressive than Obama or Biden. In fact, Obama clearly made historic and much more impressive gains than either of the other two. Especially because Biden’s growth has slowed.

Anyway, y’all have a good day.

Last edited:
If you are claiming that in December of 2022 manufacturing wasn’t for the most part back in full swing, you are being willfully ignorant.
The pandemic public health emergency wasn't ended until May 11, 2023.
https://archive.cdc.gov/www_cdc_gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/end-of-phe.html

From the center of budget policy and priorities:
From a jobs and growth standpoint, the economy was essentially healed by the end of 2023, and the groups that had experienced the largest losses in the recession had recouped a substantial share of their losses or erased them entirely. The overall number of jobs rose above pre-pandemic levels in June 2022.
https://www.cbpp.org/research/econo...obs and growth,losses or erased them entirely.

AS I STATED. MANUFACTURING HAS BEEN FLAT SINCE JULY 2022. What part of since July 2022 do you not understand?

The economy was still reopening from '21-'22. For example, California didn't even begin reopening until summer of '21.

https://archive.cdc.gov/www_cdc_gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/end-of-phe.html

From a jobs and growth standpoint, the economy was essentially healed by the end of 2023, and the groups that had experienced the largest losses in the recession had recouped a substantial share of their losses or erased them entirely. The overall number of jobs rose above pre-pandemic levels in June 2022.
https://www.cbpp.org/research/economy/tracking-the-recovery-from-the-pandemic-recession#:~:text=From a jobs and growth,losses or erased them entirely.

AS I STATED. MANUFACTURING HAS BEEN FLAT SINCE JULY 2022. What part of since July 2022 do you not understand?

The economy was still reopening from '21-'22. For example, California didn't even begin reopening until summer of '21.

Bleaters know this but will die denying it.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/economy/tracking-the-recovery-from-the-pandemic-recession#:~:text=From a jobs and growth,losses or erased them entirely.

I understand clearly what you said. You also made several other remarks. It’s not incumbent on me to cherry pick my responses just because that’s what you’d prefer. That’s not how actual conversation works.

If claiming manufacturing jobs didn’t return until 2023 fits your narrative, cool.

If claiming manufacturing jobs didn’t return until 2023 fits your narrative, cool
Who is the one cherry picking? You want to try again? Where did I say manufacturing jobs didn't return until 2023? It seems hard for you to understand, that the pandemic recovery lasted well into 2022 (july) and has pretty much gone sideways since.

From a jobs and growth standpoint, the economy was essentially healed by the end of 2023, and the groups that had experienced the largest losses in the recession had recouped a substantial share of their losses or erased them entirely.
If you weren't implying that the pandemic didn't end until 2023, what was the intent of this post?

"Under George W. Bush, there were about 4.5 million manufacturing jobs lost. Under Trump, it was about 178,000."

Now granted, he was up 400K before COVID but I'm not sure that's a bragging point when you compare it to the gains under both Obama and Biden.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/664993/private-sector-manufacturing-employment-in-the-us/
Obama’s gains came from the rebound after the 2008 market collapse. Biden’s gains simply came from allowing people to return to jobs they already had but weren’t allowed to go do.

Obama’s gains came from the rebound after the 2008 market collapse. Biden’s gains simply came from allowing people to return to jobs they already had but weren’t allowed to go do.
Eight years worth came from the stock market collapse?

If you weren't implying that the pandemic didn't end until 2023, what was the intent of this post?
Just offering some context to your claim and demonstrating that the govt wasn't even recognizing the end of the pandemic until '23. My articles were countering your claim below.
If you are claiming that in December of 2021 manufacturing wasn’t for the most part back in full swing, you are being willfully ignorant
The 2 articles outline the economy was still opening from '21-'22 and the govt not officially marking the end of pandemic until '23. No where did I suggest "jobs didn't return until '23". You made that up.

Anyone being objective and looking beyond the "numbers" you provided couldn't honestly suggest manufacturing was "in full swing" in '21. It's an absurd, dishonest suggestion.

Last edited:
Just offering some context to your claim and demonstrating that the govt wasn't even recognizing the end of the pandemic until '23. My articles were countering your claim below.

The 2 articles outline the economy was still opening from '21-'22 and the govt not officially marking the end of pandemic until '23. No where did I suggest "jobs didn't return until '23". You made that up.

Anyone being objective and looking beyond the "numbers" you provided could honestly suggest manufacturing was "in full swing" in '21. It's an absurd, dishonest suggestion.

The numbers I provided are the numbers you provided. I used the table that was used to generate the graph that you presented to claim that manufacturing jobs hadn't returned.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001

Covid shutdowns began in March of 2020. Let's compare gains and losses versus March 2020.
  • 2020 - 12,721 (numbers are in 000's)
  • 2021 - 12,272 (449K jobs lost)
  • 2022 - 12,717 (4K jobs lost vs. 2020, 445K YoY gain, virtually flat to pre-pandemic levels)
  • 2023 - 12,932 (211K gained vs. 2020, 215K YoY gain)
  • 2024 - 12,951 (230K gained vs. 2020, 19K YoY gain)
  • If you want to go to the last full month of data which is July of 2024 you will see it is identical to March of 2024.
I fully admit two things:
  1. Trump had some nice gains pre-pandemic.
  2. YoY gains have flattened in 2024.
But I can also see that worst case scenario, using your data and your link, Biden has added 230K manufacturing jobs vs. Trump pre-pandemic numbers. I can also see that Trump was already losing YoY growth by Dec. of 2019 and had actually lost jobs YoY the first quarter of 2020, before Covid hit.

I would also note that until 2019 under Trump we had shown YoY growth every year since 2010. We have also never returned to 2008 levels when the housing market crashed.

And if you don't love March of 2020 as a comparison, look at February. Still the same pattern.

All of which shows that Trump’s China tariffs, which Biden was thankfully smart enough to keep, continue to have the desired effect on manufacturing jobs. Imagine where we would have been without the China virus or where we will be once we get the “Made in America” tax incentives in place after Trump wins in less than 2 weeks and gets back in office.

The numbers I provided are the numbers you provided.
Good. My opinion holds true. I couldn't care less about 2020. It wasn't a point I was making. My point was manufacturing jobs thru june2022 were snap back jobs from pandemic and has largely been flat since that time. Especially when considering a sector of the economy with 12 million employees.

Eight years worth came from the stock market collapse?
Yes. It took over 10 years for the market itself to recapture loses.

When Obama took office in Jan 2009 there were 12.561 jobs. In January 2013 when he started his second term there were 11.984. So Obama saw a decrease of almost 600,000 manufacturing jobs in his first term. When he left office in January 2017 there were 12.366. That means that over 8 years Obama lost almost 200,000 manufacturing jobs.

In what universe is that good? During the collapse in 2008 manufacturing jobs had already declined 1.2 million. In eight years Obama managed to leave us with 1.4 million fewer manufacturing jobs then we had in January 2008. No recovery in 8 years.

Before COVID Trump had added 600,000 manufacturing jobs in 3 years.

Reactions: SBAP74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT