ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
The CWS is pretty well attended for a sport no one cares about. I'd like to go one year. I'd also like to go to the softball championship in OKC, looks like a fun atmosphere.
The atmosphere during the Texas/TAMU Saturday night was pretty damn awesome!! Aggies have a great facility!!

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
The atmosphere during the Texas/TAMU Saturday night was pretty damn awesome!! Aggies have a great facility!!
And they're about to get $80 million in improvements on that place, which is absurd. Some of these stadiums, crowds, and atmospheres are getting absurd. The Texas A&M atmosphere has been very strong. The Virginia and Clemson atmospheres were good.

ECU has a home game on right now in the middle of a Monday, and they have a packed house against Evansville.

Arkansas got knocked out early, but their stadium has over 30 suites. I played at SEC stadiums (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky), have watched games at Florida and Missouri, and have seen Tennessee, LSU, Vandy, and Texas A&M in person. Arkansas isn't my personal favorite setup, but it's hard to argue that they don't have the best atmosphere in the SEC:

Just like a lib to ignore a majority of the graph and pick what they want. Look at it in its entirety.
Just like a moron to forget I noted the SEC. I wonder how attendance was at the SEC tournament?

HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — Sunday capped off the record-breaking 2024 SEC baseball tournament.

Hoover Mayor Frank Brocato said Sunday afternoon the 2024 tournament was set to break attendance records. Over 180,000 people attended games this past week. That’s almost 10,000 more people compared to last year’s tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...reaking-sec-baseball-tournament-wraps-up/amp/

South Carolina just fired their head coach. To give you an idea of what the expectations and standards are for real programs . . .

South Carolina finished tied for 7th in the 14 team SEC this year. Carolina made regionals this year. In the coach's seven seasons, they made regionals four times (basically the same as making March Madness basketball tournament). In seven seasons, he took them to super regionals twice (same as taking them to the Sweet Sixteen).

Can you imagine an average athletics department (South Carolina is average for the SEC) firing a coach after getting them to the March Madness tournament four out of seven years and to the Sweet Sixteen two out of seven years? Well, it just happened, a year after they gave him a multi-year extension.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT