ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff

You are the one who said 11 to 14 was not significant. You are the one who said 29 to 33 was significant. In other words, you claimed a 27% increase was not significant, but a 13% increase was. You can try to twist it all you want, call me illogical, but that doesn't change what you said.

You are the one who said 11 to 14 was not significant. You are the one who said 29 to 33 was significant. In other words, you claimed a 27% increase was not significant, but a 13% increase was. You can try to twist it all you want, call me illogical, but that doesn't change what you said.

Try reading again, especially with the paycheck vs. M&Ms analogy.

Then, sit back and laugh at yourself when you tried claiming that the CFP is responsible for building dynasties like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc.

And this helps Marshall how? Even if it is expanded to 8 teams, it will dilute the other bowl games further. Marshall is in a crappy Conference with crappy bowl ties so no amount of lipstick on that pig is going to improve that pigs looks.

And this helps Marshall how? Even if it is expanded to 8 teams, it will dilute the other bowl games further. Marshall is in a crappy Conference with crappy bowl ties so no amount of lipstick on that pig is going to improve that pigs looks.

Eat a dick, Dangerous Dan

Just glad someone else did the work. the playoff may add to dynasty opportunities, interesting observation by the writer.

His logic is as brilliant as yours.

The only time he mentions that the CFP adds to dynasty opportunities is when he claims that the CFP hands "out a few more mulligans each season than we used to."

So, tell me what mulligans the CFP handed out this year.

How about 2018 - tell me what mulligans the CFP handed out.

What about 2017? Tell me the mulligans the CFP handed out that year.

What about 2016 or 2015? Tell me the "few mulligans" the CFP handed out those years.

Are we talking about MU or FSU in terms of catching up to Clemson?

As to FSU, sure they will. Unrealistic delusional fans ran off a fine coach and then they made the classic bad coaching hire. Any program is only one unrealistic delusional fan caused classic bad coaching hire from having a bad run. Texas (Strong), Notre Dame (Davie, et al), Alabama (Shula), Auburn (Tuberville), USC (Lame), happens all over. MU did it with Suntan Man. The difference is that once destroyed, the road back is much longer and harder for MU than for a blue blood.

FSU, with the right coach, and I’m not sure this new guy is it (see how AAC success translates to the big time at Nebraska, Virginia Tech, etc) has all the resources to be right back on top of the ACC as soon as it flushes out Taggart’s players.

As to MU, THIS is the problem with these “playoffs”. MU is not supposed to be in competition with Clemson on a year in year out basis. MU is trying to be a solid G5 program, provide good entertainment for its fans, and go to a bowl game, which is almost always going to be a very minor bowl game. And, at only a slightly higher level, the same can be said about maybe 80% of I-A. What is the best WVU is ever going to do? Citrus Bowl? UK? Gator Bowl? Virginia Tech? Maybe the Orange Bowl? Maybe? How long before the fan bases turn as they realize that there are only 10-15 teams that will EVER make the “playoffs”?
If WVU wins the Big12 it would be a 13-0 or 12-1 and make a playoff. It's all about conference affiliation and as long as you are a member of a P5 conference you always have a hope of making a playoff.

If WVU wins the Big12 it would be a 13-0 or 12-1 and make a playoff. It's all about conference affiliation and as long as you are a member of a P5 conference you always have a hope of making a playoff.
13-0 or 12-1 won't be happening soon up north with the mutaineers.

Yeah, and if Kansas or Rutgers goes 13-0 they get to go to the playoffs also. Good luck with that.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT