ADVERTISEMENT

college football web sites

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Okay it seems like we did this a few years ago. I am curious where you go to keep up with CFB.
Here are mine. Would love to learn of some new sites to look at.
1. Rivals
2. ESPN
3. Collegefootballnews.com
4. CBS sports
5. sporting news
6. 247
7 SB Nation
8. Bleacher report
9. The Athletic
10. Sports-reference.com

Reactions: WyomingHerdFan
Okay it seems like we did this a few years ago. I am curious where you go to keep up with CFB.
Here are mine. Would love to learn of some new sites to look at.
1. Rivals
2. ESPN
3. Collegefootballnews.com
4. CBS sports
5. sporting news
6. 247
7 SB Nation
8. Bleacher report
9. The Athletic
10. Sports-reference.com
I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Athletic. How do you like it? Isn’t it subscription based?
Personally I find that the college football sub/forum on reddit has almost everything I could want. Folks all over post links from sources all throughout the internet on just about anything and everything college football. It’s not always just links to articles. People start discussions or threads if you will just like on here. Reddit in general has everything you could want to see about any given subject in one place. If you google search r/CFB reddit it will give you a link to it. You don’t have to have a reddit account to view or read. I will warn you, be prepared to lose track of time scouring through everything. I will get on there and before I know it I’ve looked at 30 different posts and an hour has gone by.

Reactions: ohio herd
I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Athletic. How do you like it? Isn’t it subscription based?
Personally I find that the college football sub/forum on reddit has almost everything I could want. Folks all over post links from sources all throughout the internet on just about anything and everything college football. It’s not always just links to articles. People start discussions or threads if you will just like on here. Reddit in general has everything you could want to see about any given subject in one place. If you google search r/CFB reddit it will give you a link to it. You don’t have to have a reddit account to view or read. I will warn you, be prepared to lose track of time scouring through everything. I will get on there and before I know it I’ve looked at 30 different posts and an hour has gone by.

The Athletic is pretty much the only news source I use for sports. If you can catch it for 50-60% off for a yearly subscription, I feel its definitely worth it.

Reactions: WyomingHerdFan
Underdogdynasty.com has been on my radar this year. They exclusively cover the “group of 5” conferences so you get more meaningful info and deeper analysis on the other schools in C-USA, matchup breakdowns/recaps, etc.

Reactions: ohio herd
I'm a big Twitter guy. In essence I use it as a news (mostly sports) aggregator.

I'd recommend following:
College Football:
Chris Fowler: @cbfowler
Pat Forde: @ByPatForde
Ivan Maisel: @Ivan_Maisel
Rece Davis: @ReceDavis
Gene Wojciechowski: @GenoESPN
Brett McMurphy: @Brett_McMurphy
PFF College: @Pff_College

College bball:
Andy Katz: @TheAndyKatz
Joe Lunardi: @ESPNLunardi
Jay Bilas: @JayBilas

Marshall Related:
CUSAbbs: @CUSAbbs
Marshall Athletics: @Herdzone
Marshall Mens' bball: @HerdMBB
Marshall football: @HerdFB
Chuck McGill: @chuckmcgill
Grant Traylor: @GrantTraylor

Side note: I echo the love The Athletic is getting in this thread. They without a doubt have the best collection of writers in the sports journalism industry. To me, that's their value: Storytelling you can't get elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT