ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Softball Team

Great season with a growing fan base. Future seems bright for this program.

It was a great season indeed. Hope they can find a pitcher to replace Nester and a few hitters. Our bats went silent a few games against the better pitchers.

Hoping we can up the RPI on the OOC schedule to get consideration for the NCAA if we don't win the league in the future.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It was a great season indeed. Hope they can find a pitcher to replace Nester and a few hitters. Our bats went silent a few games against the better pitchers.

Hoping we can up the RPI on the OOC schedule to get consideration for the NCAA if we don't win the league in the future.
TWolf I disagree I don’t think RPI had anything to do with it this year. The Herd played 3 ranked OOC teams in the regular season and won 1 and lost 2, both losses were close. They won their division of a very good softball conference. Then we went to the finals of this very good softball conference in the Sunbelt (this isn’t basketball). We lost 1-0 to a ranked conference mate team on their home field in the finals.

RPI is completely biased towards power conference teams. With the resume the Herd had this year there is zero reason we should not have received an at large invite.

TWolf I disagree I don’t think RPI had anything to do with it this year. The Herd played 3 ranked OOC teams in the regular season and won 1 and lost 2, both losses were close. They won their division of a very good softball conference. Then we went to the finals of this very good softball conference in the Sunbelt (this isn’t basketball). We lost 1-0 to a ranked conference mate team on their home field in the finals.

RPI is completely biased towards power conference teams. With the resume the Herd had this year there is zero reason we should not have received an at large invite.
Megan said herself the schedule was a factor. Hard to argue with that.
I do agree it's all biased towards the big boys and leagues. The only way we'll get more cred is to play more of them and beat them. Jmo

Nester will be hard to replace, she could have pitched for anyone in the country. Outside the circle tho there are some building blocks to keep the program in contention. Great season ladies!!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I think you learn from this year's outcome and next year you trade a 40+ win season for a strengthened schedule. You may end up with 5 or six more losses, but you're going to pick up some quality wins as well. We lose a couple of players, Nester being the most difficult to replace. If you hit the portal and come up with a comparable pitcher and a few more bats there's no reason to believe we can't compete again next year. If there's any NIL money to work with at all (and I heard that we do a decent job raising money for softball) then I'd be spending most of it on a pitcher. Wouldn't it be nice to get that Louisiana pitcher? I'd be surprised if a p5 doesn't make her an offer she can't refuse. That girl was good. We struggled with her drop for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT