ADVERTISEMENT

Message Boards

Aaron Perkins

Jan 9, 2006
Huntington
I love these things. I, like most of you, have been posting on here for a very long time.

I remember logging in via the computers in the computer lab in Corbly Hall just to talk Marshall sports

Things have changed. People have gotten a lot different and a lot more negative.

But it is what it is.

I have met a ton of great friends on Herdnation with a lot of great stories

Couple questions

1. What was the first board you remember posting on the most? Mine was the first version of Herdnation.

2. What was your screen name. Mine was mrherd05

3. What are some of your favorite stories? The time a print out of a thread on HN was held up on sportscenter because they thought we poisoned Little Cryiami’s food was fantastic. Congrats Pokey!

Go Herd!!

Thank you all for providing an outlet for 25ish years for me to talk Marshall Sports

Mad props to you all!!

1) First posted on Herdfans(Still do)

2) muherd34

3) So many threads that have been pretty darn good. Can’t choose just one or really remember the best. But if I had to it would be a thread off the main board about a guy and his wife. Pretty funny.

Also, what year did you start posting? You claim things have gotten more negative. Pretty simple explanation as to why things have gotten negative. MU has become almost irrelevant in football the past 20 years. My guess is that would have something to do with it…pretty easy to be positive when your winning/competing for championships every year. I don’t let basketball really get to me because tbh, MU bball has been irrelevant since I have been on this earth.

First messsge board was the old AOL college football board circa 1997 Used same name as now

I think it was called WVPreps. It discussed high school sports. I also miss Thunder in the Mountain but I understand why it went away. I have always used BisonPA.

My first board was the original Herdnation, in 2004 when I got to MU - screen name was Herdfan1RH

I remember a one-and-done Ritter Park flag football game of herd nation posters back in the day that was a pretty good time.

My first board was the original Herdnation, in 2004 when I got to MU - screen name was Herdfan1RH

I remember a one-and-done Ritter Park flag football game of herd nation posters back in the day that was a pretty good time.

Yes. It was before like a midweek game against Southern Miss. we had a great turnout to

Reactions: RhinoD
He's also the reason that was the only flag football game. He wanted to play "touch" tackle, and was even trying to do it to the guys on his side of the ball.
ben roethlisberger GIF

The first forum for me was GoHerd.com. That was I think 1997 or 1998. It was part of the original Rivals that went belly up. That's where the term "Herd Nation" originated. MUther (who is still around and one hell of a good dude) had shirts made with "HERD NATION - FEAR THE HERD!" printed on the front with our usernames on the back. He is the "Mother of Herd Nation" as far as I know.

After GoHerd.com, we had no real place to post so my brother and I quickly started LetsGoHerd.com in 1999 which in a very short time evolved into HerdNation.com when some guy in Cincinnati, Ohio relinquished the URL to us.

I've always been HERDftblfan or herdftblfan.

My favorite two threads are "F*CK TOLEDO" and the "." thread. Then again, the thread where the Miami coach held up screenshots of the messages on the site claiming we were going to poison their food has to rank up there.

There were some crazy MF'ers from Miami and Toldeo that we used to go to war with back in the day on these boards.

Joined this board in 2007, always had MUPIKE as my name. Favorite memory was battling with that provocateur Oddball from the Ohio but plugs (Toledo). Guys was a total (unt.

MUther (who is still around and one hell of a good dude) had shirts made with "HERD NATION - FEAR THE HERD!" printed on the front with our usernames on the back.
I still have my long sleeve Kelly Green Herd Nation T-shirt from the batch you (maybe someone else with the board?) had made circa 2004.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Speaking of that I just realized my youngest son has a HerdNation t-shirt on that a former poster here (who had the John Lennon avatar) designed/made for the Cincy game back in 2008.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT