ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Reminisce, Rifle the Martyr/Architect

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
A former board owner sent me the below private message many years ago. He was upset that I dared to question Marshall volleyball spending a large amount of money to travel to the Caribbean for the bogus claims of recruiting purposes and getting the opportunity to play better competition. The reason it was being discussed on the board was because the volleyball coach at the time posted on the board to solicit donations from fans (he didn't specify for what reason). I argued how Marshall baseball was without bare necessities (pitching mounds for their pitchers to throw off of indoors during the cold months), yet MU Volleyball was spending that much money for a Caribbean trip for the bogus reasons of recruiting and facing better competition in exhibitions.

Former Owner: "Lay off the volleyball stuff. Work to help the baseball program instead of b!tching about how they don't have this and that. Try to be a little positive instead of always looking at everything as a glass half full type of guy" (I think that phrase confused him).

This was also many years after a board owner private messaged me telling me not to talk about Christianity like that again on the board. My infraction? I claimed that the Bible was a comic book full of many false claims and that religion, overall, was a crutch for the weak-minded.

Can you imagine a board owner messaging posters not to question how donation money is spent by university athletic programs and/or telling us not to mildly criticize religions.

I'd like this thread to now turn to each of you giving me appreciation for what I have turned this board into during my martyr days:

A former board owner sent me the below private message many years ago. He was upset that I dared to question Marshall volleyball spending a large amount of money to travel to the Caribbean for the bogus claims of recruiting purposes and getting the opportunity to play better competition. The reason it was being discussed on the board was because the volleyball coach at the time posted on the board to solicit donations from fans (he didn't specify for what reason). I argued how Marshall baseball was without bare necessities (pitching mounds for their pitchers to throw off of indoors during the cold months), yet MU Volleyball was spending that much money for a Caribbean trip for the bogus reasons of recruiting and facing better competition in exhibitions.

Former Owner: "Lay off the volleyball stuff. Work to help the baseball program instead of b!tching about how they don't have this and that. Try to be a little positive instead of always looking at everything as a glass half full type of guy" (I think that phrase confused him).

This was also many years after a board owner private messaged me telling me not to talk about Christianity like that again on the board. My infraction? I claimed that the Bible was a comic book full of many false claims and that religion, overall, was a crutch for the weak-minded.

Can you imagine a board owner messaging posters not to question how donation money is spent by university athletic programs and/or telling us not to mildly criticize religions.

I'd like this thread to now turn to each of you giving me appreciation for what I have turned this board into during my martyr days:
Damn near martyred yourself in a biking accident, then get resurrected just to post this thread. We thought that ET worshipped you before, it’s gonna be off the charts now.

I claimed that the Bible was a comic book full of many false claims and that religion, overall, was a crutch for the weak-minded.

One of these days, unless you change, I truly believe you're going to regret feeling that way. That's downright scary.

Hopefully one day God will reach your heart. Say what you will, God loves you.

Seek him, brother. Seek him and he will touch your heart.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Seek him and he will touch your heart.

I was an altar boy. I’m quite familiar with Christian leaders trying to touch my body parts. I’ll pass.

One of these days, unless you change, I truly believe you're going to regret feeling that way. That's downright scary.
The arrogance of theists to believe that their god/religion is the right one and the other 75% of people in the world are wrong never stops shocking me.

I was an altar boy. I’m quite familiar with Christian leaders trying to touch my body parts. I’ll pass.

Seek God, not leaders. No man replaces Jesus. Find God through Jesus.

The arrogance of theists to believe that their god/religion is the right one and the other 75% of people in the world are wrong never stops shocking me.

I'm of no man-made religion. That said, I won't judge other's religion. I have a personal relationship with God and nothing else matters. I'm a 100% believer. I don't look down my nose at anyone.

Damn near martyred yourself in a biking accident, then get resurrected just to post this thread. We thought that ET worshipped you before, it’s gonna be off the charts now.
____________Jar Jar Tard

I claimed that the Bible was a comic book full of many false claims and that religion, overall, was a crutch for the weak-minded.

Rifle I am positive that you are convinced that many of us are simple for believing in God, but I find it curious that Richard Dawkins who is a poster boy for atheism believes that a belief in God is necessary for our world to function properly.

Here are a few of his conclusions:
He says that without a belief in God, “people may feel free to do bad things because they feel God is no longer watching them,” and it would “give people a licence to do really bad things.”

Dawkins has spent much of his life arguing against a God he doesn't believe exists. But he still recognizes that atheism (the worldview religion that he follows) doesn’t provide the foundation for morality that is needed to keep people from doing “really bad things.” Without a biblical foundation, anything goes—who is to say what is right or wrong? There is no ultimate foundation. It becomes arbitrary; everyone does what’s right in their own eyes.

Dawkins thinks the masses need to maintain a belief in God for social order, but I have found that knowing God gives me peace and hope. i guess if that makes you think I am weak minded so be it. So I would suggest that Dawkins may not believe in God but he certainly doesn't think that it ( bible) is a comic book. Just something to consider

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT