ADVERTISEMENT

Corners

Treadmill MUsic

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 29, 2012
Please someone tell me/us why our DB’s are so bad? They are decent football players, but terrible at the position. Is it the coaching? Charlotte threw to Victor Tucker almost every passing attempt. This is a loss that will haunt the program for at least 10 years.

Our "star" corner Jackson is also the worst we've had in quite awhile. I don't recall what position he was recruited for, but it wasn't corner. I guess John saw he was functional in this shitty conference to do the job and checked that off his list rather than continuing to recruit for that position.

Square pegs into round holes my friend.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I have said this for a long time. Our secondary coach should be looking for a new job. We give the receiver at least a 10 yard cushion on every play and we do not play for or look for the ball. Most of the receivers are far more athletic and stronger than our DBs.

Reactions: whf2
Serious question.... in the history of our program have we ever had a corner who gets his head around and looks at the ball coming to the receiver? Ever?

Reactions: ilmherdfan
We have been weak at corner for decades. One or two good ones in the last twenty years. It is a position of select players, and we just don't seem to be able to get the good ones to come here. Heart and effort, unfortunately don't create good corners, specific talent does. I asked some time ago about the value of moving Jackson to safety, which he would probably be very good at. But then I guess we have no one better at corner; which is desperate IMHO.

Our "star" corner Jackson is also the worst we've had in quite awhile. I don't recall what position he was recruited for, but it wasn't corner. I guess John saw he was functional in this shitty conference to do the job and checked that off his list rather than continuing to recruit for that position.

Square pegs into round holes my friend.
At least 2 PIs and.a holding.on #3.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT