ADVERTISEMENT

About last night - South Alabama edition

RhinoD

Gold Buffalo
Mar 7, 2007
Yikes... After one week of competence, the Herd looked like it did for the better part of the past two months. Awful.

Offense... What to say at this point... Playcalling -- Pathetic, QB play -- Terrible, Offensive line -- Worst performance of the season, WR's -- No where to be seen, Backs -- No chance due to all of the above.

At this point there is no other option but to clean house as soon as the clock strikes midnight on our season. Trickett, Legg, Every other offensive assistant - Syonara. If I never see another slow-developing WR screen to the short side, or an RPO play that takes three seconds in the backfield with a QB who has ZERO intention of keeping the ball, for a loss of 5, it will be too soon.

The bad thing about last night, and I suspected this earlier in the year with Fancher, but seeing it with Pennington confirmed it. Our staff is coaching our QB's to make one read and if its not there bail on the play and throw it in the flat to the RB, WR, whoever is waiting around out there. No progression, no second option downfield... Its option 1, immediately panic, check down or throw away. That's not going to make anyone any better and its going to lead to the recurring nightmare we watched again last night.

Defense... If we are going to make a bowl game, its going to be because this group does something heroic next week. They played hard all night, but after being on the field FOREVER because the offense couldn't even get a first down. Backed up on short fields they did their best.

Special teams... After one good week, back to being terrible.

Let's hope Arkansas State doesn't travel well, or they go to a tainted buffet or something, so we can go to Birmingham for a Tuesday bowl game against a 6-win MAC team.

Ok guys I am getting old and my memory is not what it use to be. I remember something about the sports center deal, but no specifics. Can someone give a quick recap?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT