ADVERTISEMENT

About last night... Arkansas State edition

RhinoD

Gold Buffalo
Mar 7, 2007
Well that was actually fun... Which is something we haven't had since VT.

Offense - Where has that been all season?... No WR screens, Fancher actually keeping it on the RPO when its open, downfield passing, straight-forward running. It looked like we knew what we were doing. Whoever was calling the plays did a nice job and the kids made plays.

Defense - Solid all the way around and some of the young guys looked the best they have all year last night. Dix was phenomenal at LB. Foster made two huge plays.

Special teams - Bad, as usual. Two missed FG's, short punts... It didn't hurt us, but in a close game it would have. I would say we will get that figured out before the bowl game, but we haven't figured it out in four months, so Im guessing we won't in the next 3-4 weeks.

Overall, good win. It was fun to be in the stands, which I think is what we all want.

How does Marshall always get to play the Thanksgiving weekend game at home? It seems like it’s been 10 plus years in a row we have played at home on either a Friday or Saturday.

How does Marshall always get to play the Thanksgiving weekend game at home? It seems like it’s been 10 plus years in a row we have played at home on either a Friday or Saturday.
I dont have an "official" answer for this... But I have heard its because we kind of have a handshake deal with the league to play at home on the Saturday closest to Nov. 14. That usually means we are away the next weekend and then home for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT