ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd at 16th this weekend…good or bad for golf?

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
There is a divide in the golf world right now whether the fan display on 16 at the Waste Management tourney this weekend is good for golf. Some say it was a shameful display that breaches the etiquette and spirit of golf as a gentleman’s game. Some say that it dispels the stuffy image of golf and makes it more fan friendly.

Your thoughts?…

That’s the most awesome thing I have ever seen in golfing history. Look at that crowd. How could the PGA do anything but embrace that???
I’m the same way. I like Daly for the same reason I like this. Daly was just a troubled soul, rough around the edges, who contrasted with the country club, elitist image that golf has that alienates them from a segment of America. This reaction, although alcohol fueled and over the top, is the talk of the golf world right now. Golf needs to sweep with a wider broom.

The only thing that would make this better is if it happened at the 12th on Amen’s Corner at the Masters. Can you even imagine?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
They need to fully embrace Happy Gilmore.

55ad7750add713143b427ec1_golf-tours-news-blogs-local-knowledge-bb-4.gif

One of my brother's favorite movies he watches over and over.

Says he spent $400 in Five Below. I went in there last night and would not have taken anything if they gave it to me. How the hell do you waste $400 in a damn junk store like that? He's going to be a hoarder down there. I hate to have to get all mean and grouchy about it with him, but if I don't he will end up turning that house into a giant pile of cat shit riddled garbage.

One of my brother's favorite movies he watches over and over.

Says he spent $400 in Five Below. I went in there last night and would not have taken anything if they gave it to me. How the hell do you waste $400 in a damn junk store like that? He's going to be a hoarder down there. I hate to have to get all mean and grouchy about it with him, but if I don't he will end up turning that house into a giant pile of cat shit riddled garbage.
Eh...could have been the Dollar Store.

At least the Dollar Store has stuff you can actually use. Normal stuff. Household items. This Five Below was just weird garbage that had no use. They'll go out of business just like those stores at the mall that sold calendars and board games.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
The only problem I see are the projectiles (the PGA will clamp down if a player gets injured.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT