ADVERTISEMENT

Dantoni - Herd Hoops and Huckaby

TheGreenhouseEffect

Silver Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012
SilverCometTrail
With the abismal start to the season compared to the production we are seeing now, is this Marshall's first true bring us back into the spotlight hoops coach since Rick Huckaby?

The list of continual turns of coaches is really pretty depressing when you look back.

I have yet to see one game, am so looking for ward to being able to watch the UAB game on CBSC, but really is this just a flash or is this the beginnings of a comeback of Marshall Basketball?

I read, I wonder, I hope. Most of all I always felt WV has great basketball in state players if you just gave them a chance and put them into the "right system". Appears DD has installed just that?????

Reactions: ohio herd
I am excited about the future of Herd basketball. Felt DD was a good hire from day one

I was a huge Huckabay fan and was a personal friend as well. With that being said, Huck had some fun teams, but I believe that Danny is building something we haven't had for a long, long time. I watch practice regularly and I can tell you, I have never seen a teacher like he is. He takes any time that is need to get his point across.
I believe that this program is in great hands. Danny himself said before the season that we are a year away from seriously contending. Maybe, just maybe we are ahead of schedule. I plan to be on the train as long as it takes. I've been following Herd hoops since 1956, I'm not stopping now.

I was a huge Huckabay fan and was a personal friend as well. With that being said, Huck had some fun teams, but I believe that Danny is building something we haven't had for a long, long time. I watch practice regularly and I can tell you, I have never seen a teacher like he is. He takes any time that is need to get his point across.
I believe that this program is in great hands. Danny himself said before the season that we are a year away from seriously contending. Maybe, just maybe we are ahead of schedule. I plan to be on the train as long as it takes. I've been following Herd hoops since 1956, I'm not stopping now.
I am with you. Been on board since I was a kid. My first season at the Field House to watch the Herd was in 73/74 and watched Jack Battle lead the way.DD is going to bring us back I am stoked! I was a student during the Huck years

I go back to the Dan D'Antoni, George Stone, Bob Redd, Bob Allen and Jim "Boom Boom" Davison teams.
Man those were fun teams to watch.
those guys were ahead of me. I remember my dad talk about those teams with DD and Stone. Always heard that George Stone would have loved a 3 point line!

favorite George Stone memory...playing Bowling Green and Piatkowski...place is smoky and hot.....George had a run out, stopped and drained a 25 footer....Field House went apesh*t

Reactions: tradebait
George wore "devil chaser" jewelry around his neck. When the Nebraska coach said he wasn't going to double-team him, Stone told the New York Times sportswriter: "Sheeeeeeeit, cain't no one cat guard me, man!" We drubbed them 119-88 and he hit for 46 points, which would have been about 60 with today's 3-ball.

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT