ADVERTISEMENT

DD’s Post Game Comnents

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
He said it’s one game and we will get better. Herd has shot at the end but Taylor missed a layup game over. Queens 83 Kings er Herd 82

He also tried to say Queens was returning 8 guys while he was working 4 in. Translation it took one game for him to blame youth when he's returning his core unit. This is flat out embarrassing. We just lost to a D2 school in a high school gym. That is where our program is right now. We simply are not good enough. This coach has built 9 years off 1 player and it's showing. I don't know if it's more embarrassing we scheduled this game or we lost this game. Either way this program is a dumpster fire and judging by what we all saw tonight I don't see how this continues beyond this season. -10 on rebounding and very little D. Same trash we see every year.

This basketball season may trend in the same direction as football....
downward.

Reactions: Jartard
Well that's a wash since DD normally looks impaired or embalmed on the sidelines.

Remember a couple of months ago when the nonconference schedule came out and somebody said -- "the sad thing about playing the weakest schedule in school history is we'll probably go 7-5"

We all had a good chuckle, surely playing bottom feeders of D1 would lead to wins...

Little did we realize we are a bottom feeder of D1 right now.

DD loves to play the “poor me” card. All we heard last year was other teams had all these transfers and we didn’t….
Well he went out and got one, but now DD calls him “brand new”. He says, “we have Kinsey, Taylor and Obinna, then after that 4 brand new guys”….

Poor Dan. That’s his choice all of his returning players were sitting next to him, and due to his poor choices in recruiting as to why they were sitting next to him.

Failed to mention how intimidated he evidently was playing in front of a 2000 capacity crowd.
And one last thing, ever notice all DD talks about are have to get better on offense and shoot the ball….we actually shot the ball pretty well last night, will take those %’s all year….he never talks about poor defense, and how we fail to make stops and have to have someone other than Taylor rotate and help the lane on defense and why we never did anything besides switch everything on ball screens last night and once Queens saw that they went with mismatches off the switches to their advantage all night.

Reactions: RhinoD
And one last thing, ever notice all DD talks about are have to get better on offense and shoot the ball….we actually shot the ball pretty well last night, will take those %’s all year….he never talks about poor defense, and how we fail to make stops and have to have someone other than Taylor rotate and help the lane on defense and why we never did anything besides switch everything on ball screens last night and once Queens saw that they went with mismatches off the switches to their advantage all night.
This is good analysis... Switching everything doesn't work. College isn't the NBA, where your shortest guy is 6'5 and your tallest guy is 7'0 and you have 2-3 guys who can guard all five positions.

new york queen GIF by Todd Rocheford

Coaching malpractice last night having their best player being covered by a porous defensive player with the game on the line.

Every year we're a 3pt shooting team, yet dont have great shooters. No toughness down low. We take some of the worst shots I've ever seen. Its one thing to play fast, its another to just come down and jack up 3's. We had a major height advantage last night and still shot 31 3's, only got 4 FT's ALL GAME, and got out rebounded. WTF!

Reactions: Weirgreen
Coaching malpractice last night having their best player being covered by a porous defensive player with the game on the line.

Every year we're a 3pt shooting team, yet dont have great shooters. No toughness down low. We take some of the worst shots I've ever seen. Its one thing to play fast, its another to just come down and jack up 3's. We had a major height advantage last night and still shot 31 3's, only got 4 FT's ALL GAME, and got out rebounded. WTF!
No game management.

oh well I quit getting my hopes dashed years ago when it comes to mens bb. I just take it with a grain of salt now. Always hope for a great season but never shocked when we lay another egg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT