ADVERTISEMENT

Decided to watch Oklahoma play tonight

This game is pathetic. Jebus, grab somebody, trip them, hair lip them, anything but letting guys just run past like you don’t give a shit. How can any voter respect this conference.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
the game is a slap in the face to anyone who has ever played on the defensive side of the ball. Every receiver wide open, every tackle missed. The Big 12 needs a team that plays some defense if they want to compete for national titles.
I turned it off. No defense equals horrendous. The Washington vs Washington St game was decent and there was snow.

Reactions: minvikfan1
I figured OU would need to beat wvu 63-3 in some fashion and then repeat on Texas to make the CFP discussion interesting.
Instead they just played like they needed to redeem street credit by being in the Big 12 title game and simply winning.
Both have solid offenses but imagine a team with a defense in a bowl game against either of these teams?!

Reactions: kdbherdon
Next week, the Big 2 play, and the Little 8 watch. Texas is starting to recover from its generationally bad coaching hire and flushing out that guy's recruits. The league is starting to work as ESPN and the Big 2 designed it to work.

As to the brand of football played, it reminds me of post-strike baseball. Pure fans knew there was more to baseball than a steroid freak hitting a home run every time at the plate, but the casual fans loved it.

The only path to the playoffs from that league, even for the Big 2, is to be undefeated AND to have at least two of the other P5 leagues have losses, and ND have losses.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
While the D was atrocious, I enjoy high scoring games. Exciting.
Better than a snooze fest and punting on 4th and 1 from the opponents 38 yard line.

I like offense. But I don’t like seeing a lot of offensive production because of a total lack of defensive effort.

The head coaches of both teams gear everything toward their offense when it comes to recruiting, development, practice, film study, game planning, etc. There was so little blitzing, disguising of coverages, mixing up coverages, giving man & zone looks, etc. The offenses aren’t even that creative. Just get the ball out to someone in a 1-on-1 situation and put the terrible tackling mechanics in display. How many times did wvu hit OU’s nickel on that seam route for a TD and OU continued to not give him safety help. Just a freaking joke.

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much watching a sporting event. It looked like a circus.

Last edited:
I like offense. But I don’t like seeing a lot of offensive production because of a total lack of defensive effort.

The head coaches of both teams gear everything toward their offense when it comes to recruiting, development, practice, film study, game planning, etc. There was so little blitzing, disguising of coverages, mixing up coverages, giving man & zone looks, etc. The offenses aren’t even that creative. Just get the ball out to someone in a 1-on-1 situation and put the terrible tackling mechanics in display. How many times did wvu hit OU’s nickel on that seam route for a TD and OU continued to not give him safety help. Just a freaking joke.

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much watching a sporting event. It looked like a circus.
Absolutely terrible. I agree.

Texas A&M just defeated LSU by 2 points in 7 ots.
Both teams scored in the 70s. Plenty of good, solid SEC defense on display in College Station tonight!!

College overtime is 1000 times better than the random result NFL overtime. 1000 times. Yes, once a decade or so you get something like seven overtimes, but usually a completely fair and equal chance to both teams to resolve the game quickly.

Reactions: chuck1069
College overtime is 1000 times better than the random result NFL overtime. 1000 times. Yes, once a decade or so you get something like seven overtimes, but usually a completely fair and equal chance to both teams to resolve the game quickly.
A random result? You mean like putting special teams on the field, making an offense drive the length of the field to score?

Actually, spotting the ball at the 25 and making the game look completely different than the 60:00 that had just been played is complete randomness.

A random result? You mean like putting special teams on the field, making an offense drive the length of the field to score?

Actually, spotting the ball at the 25 and making the game look completely different than the 60:00 that had just been played is complete randomness.

Nope, even with the attempted fix of a few years ago of not letting the first field goal win, it still comes down to who wins a coin flip. Random. In college, we get both teams doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same chance, and, 99% of the time, a quick resolution, this game notwithstanding.

Rams vs. Chiefs 100 points- Stellar football (best records in football).
Ohio State scores 62 on one of the best defenses in football- Great offensive showing.
The Big 12 scores 120 points in a game- Horrific defense...
LSU scores 0 against Bama- Great defense from Bama
LSU scores 30+ before overtime vs A&M- great offense!

Got it....

Reactions: chuck1069
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT