ADVERTISEMENT

Defense

Sep 28, 2019
After the Boise game, I pissed a lot of people off on Herdfans by posting a thread detailing how the Marshall defense didn't really have that good of a game in Boise. People kept talking about how amazingly well they played, but I went through specifics and said that at the very best, the defense would be graded as a B- in that game. I went on to talk about how the defense is just as concerning as the offense. The last two games have shown me to be correct about the defense.

Ohio's offense:

466 yards vs. Rhode Island
212 yards vs. Pitt
440 yards vs. Marshall
380 yards vs. Louisiana

Cinci's offense:

417 yards vs. UCLA
273 yards vs. Ohio State
420 yards vs. Miami (not the real one, the little one in Ohio)
525 yards vs.Marshall

Offense and special teams have their issues, but as I pointed out after the Boise game, the defense is in just as bad of shape.

DBs play like crap every game... and where are the blitzing packages.. this cushion D is what we had before heater. Just sayin

After the Boise game, I pissed a lot of people off on Herdfans by posting a thread detailing how the Marshall defense didn't really have that good of a game in Boise. People kept talking about how amazingly well they played, but I went through specifics and said that at the very best, the defense would be graded as a B- in that game. I went on to talk about how the defense is just as concerning as the offense. The last two games have shown me to be correct about the defense.

Ohio's offense:

466 yards vs. Rhode Island
212 yards vs. Pitt
440 yards vs. Marshall
380 yards vs. Louisiana

Cinci's offense:

417 yards vs. UCLA
273 yards vs. Ohio State
420 yards vs. Miami (not the real one, the little one in Ohio)
525 yards vs.Marshall

Offense and special teams have their issues, but as I pointed out after the Boise game, the defense is in just as bad of shape.
Thank you More Bad Coaching. Good to see analysis and stats so we can draw some logical conclusions.

Pass defense has been horrible every single game. Rush defense has been pretty good but I'm sure they get wore down because the pass defense gives up 3rd and long plays which keeps them out on the field and the offense keeps getting 3 and outs.

and not to put everything on the defense because the O line is horrible and Green at times looks lost.

Apparently, Fuller took the last of the defensive aggression with him when he left for Memphis. We look much more like the Rippon years then the Heater years.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT